The Captain of the Football Team

The Captin Of The Football Team Chapter 20

Jake and I were finally getting along. He was really making an effort to be nice to me. By the end of September we were pretty good friends. Coach was happy that we were finally getting along, especially since it helped us in the games. We were undefeated.
On a less pleasant note; Travis still hasn’t asked me out yet. We’ve been hanging out but he still hasn’t officially asked.
I walked out of the locker room and Jake was waiting for me. I smiled at him and walked over.
“You wanted to tell me something,” he said as he leaned against the wall.
“Oh yeah! I know what I want to do! I want to open up a photography business, for weddings, birthdays stuff like that.”
“So, business major?” he asked.
“I guess so. I idea dawned on me late last night. What do you think?”
“I think it’s a great idea. It’s prefect for you.”
Jake gave me a hug as Travis walked out of the locker room with Chris.
“Hey,” Travis said walking over as Jake and I let go.
“I know my major!” I said.
“I’ll see you guys later,” Jake said walking off.
“What?” he asked.
“Business, I want to open photography business. I’ll take pictures of weddings and birthdays and other special events. I’ll be prefect for me. Are you okay?” I asked him. He looked lost in thought.
“Yeah, sounds great for you.”
“What’s wrong? You’re like my significant other, you’re suppose to be happy for me.”
“I am, I am, I’m just hungry let’s go eat,” he said putting his hand on my back leading me out the locker room.
I looked at him and kissed him. He smiled at me and we hurried to his car.
An hour later we were seated at Applebee’s enjoying our meal.
“So...” I said pushing my plate to the side. “I was thinking…We should go out. I mean, we practically are.”
“About that…” Travis said rubbing the back of his neck. “I think we should break up.”
“Why?”
“You and Jake have been getting close and it looks like you two have chemistry. He likes you and you don’t know who you like. Go for him.”
I just stared at him. What is he talking about!
“Guys and girls can be just friends.”
“I know. You and Lima are best friends, but you guys aren’t into each other.”
I blinked a few times. “What?”
Travis just smiled and left a twenty on the table as he got up.
The waitress came over and took our plates. “Anything?”
“The strongest drink you have…” I said sinking in my seat.
I sat there for a while trying to suppress my anger and sadness. I couldn’t believe that Travis broke up with me. It was almost like a bad dream.
“Hey Toni,” Jake said with his hands in his pockets and a girl around his arm. “Are you okay?”
I shook my head no.
“Babe, why don’t you wait in the car,” he said handing her the keys.
She smiled and kissed his cheek before walking off.
“I don’t have lip stick on me do I?” he asked turning his head.
“Nope, just whore.”
He chuckled and whipped his cheek. The waitress gave me my drink and I took a long sip of it.
“What’s wrong?”
“Travis broke up with me. Apparently we have chemistry!”
“What?”
“That’s what I said!”
“I’m sorry, I know you really like him.”
“Why are you suddenly so nice to me. Don’t bullshit me…” I said giving him a hard stare.
“I wasn’t sure if I liked you or not and I didn’t want to blow my chances.”
“Well?” I asked.
He shrugged.
“That tells me nothing.”
Jake stood up and kissed me, softly. He pulled away and left.
I had some thinking to do.