The Captain of the Football Team

The Captain Of The Football Team Chapter 23

Play offs week was hella crazy.
Coach worked us hard and we made sure to give him one hundred and fifty percent on the field. So much so I didn’t even think about my love life mess. I was beyond burned out.
One of the many perks of being on the football team is that teachers are a little more lenient on us.
In fact I haven’t had homework in a while.
It was Friday night and the entire campus was at Jake’s celebrating our victory. We were in the championships.
Coach swears it had something to do with me.
Anyway, Liam and I were hanging out on the sofa having a Harry Potter Marathon.
I felt him looking at me as I put in the second movie. I smiled at him before cuddling next to him.
“Excited for next Friday?”
“More like ecstatic!” I said resting my head on his shoulder.
He chuckled and put his arm around me.
“Thanks for staying here with me.”
“Anytime,” he said kissing my forehead. “I would expect you to do the same for me if Lisa were here.”
“Totally! How are you holding up?”
“Football everyday helps.”
“I know…same here.”
“Want a beer?”
“Yeah, sure why not,” I said as Liam stood up and headed to the kitchen.
Somewhere around the fourth movie I felt asleep and didn’t wake up till the next morning.
Liam was passed out of the floor next to me. I slowly got up and headed to my room. I got dressed and ready and headed to the gym.
“Girl of steel!” a couple guys chanted as I made my way to the gym. I smiled and waved at them as I headed into the gym.
I headed over to the weights. I added some to the bar and laid on my back before lifting it up. I slowly lowered the bar to my chest and counted in my head.
“There’s the superstar,” Jake said walking over to me slow clapping.
I finished my rep before looking up at him. “Hey”.
“It’s been way too long. Where were you yesterday? I missed our little make out.”
“I was at a Harry Potter marathon,” I said starting my second set.
“So you blew me off?”
“No, I just didn’t want to go.”
“Lame… all I know is you owe me a make out,” Jake stood behind me to help spot me.
“I don’t think so…”
“Any why not?”
I put the bar down and sat up and faced him. “Do I have to spell it out for you? I want to be with you, not just at a party but all the time…”
“You want to date me?”
“Yes!”
Jake smiled and paused for a moment. “Meet me at Frank’s tonight at eight.”
I smiled. “Really?”
“Yup, look extra hot for me,” he said winking.
I laid back down and finished my last set with Jake spotting me. We switched rolls afterwards.
I finished my workout with Jake and gave him a little kiss before leaving the gym.
I quickly hurried to my dorm; I had to tell Janet.
“Janet!” I said hurrying over to our room.
“Toni!” she said running out the our room.
“I have great news!” we said together.
“You first!”
“No, you…”
I sighed and rolled my eyes. I pointed at her and she smiled. “There’s going to be cheerleading scouts.”
“That’s fantastic!” I said hugging her.
“I know! So, I have got to hit the gym and do one of those Spartan workouts with you.”
“Deal! Tomorrow, bright and early,” I said smiling.
“Okay! You’re news!”
“I have a date with Jake,” I said jumping a little.
“What?”
“Yeah…I told him that I liked him and he said to meet him at Frank’s tonight!”
“Well, take a shower and meet me in our room in thirty minutes.”
I laughed and headed to the fridge. “I need food first.”
“Just hurry!” Janet said walking away.
*******
“Gentlemen, I present you Ms. Toni Scott!” Janet said as I walked out of our room.
Joel and Liam clapped as I turned around. “Well?” I asked.
“You look beautiful,” Liam said.
“Yeah, no one will believe that you play football,”
I laughed. “Thanks guys. Don’t wait up for me,” I said quickly making my way other to the door. I gave them a little wave before leaving. I hurried my way down stairs and caught a cab to Frank’s.
I didn’t know how this whole dating thing went. I’ve never been on one.
I arrived at Frank’s five minutes passed eight. I assumed that Jake would be inside.
I asked the hostess if Jake West had arrived yet. She said no and asked if I wanted to sit. I told her I would wait. I headed to the girls bathroom to freshen up a little. I wanted to call Jake but I realized that I didn’t have his number. I sighed and looked at my phone; fifteen minutes have gone by.
I walked out the bathroom and sat down in the waiting area. I played Temple Run until the clock on the wall said eight thirty. I sighed and got up and left.
I had walked a block when I saw Jake running over to me. I rolled my eyes and waited for him to come to me.
“I can explain, I swear!” he said.
“You have ten seconds.”
“I over slept. My alarm didn’t go off. Jon woke me up ten minutes ago.”
I sighed and rolled my eyes.
“Are you still hungry?” he asked smiling.
I turned around and headed back to the restaurant. Jake hurried next to me and put his arm around my waist.
“You’re welcome,” I said just before we hurried across the street.
He chuckled. “I should probably get your number,” he said as he opened the door for me.
“That would be helpful,” I said walking inside.