Status: Very active, regular updates can be expected :)

The In-Betweeners

Nor-mal [nawr-muhl]
-adjective
1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural
2. serving to establish a standard.
3. the standard or type


Normal. Some would argue that normal is not actually a thing, that it's merely a corrupt, intangible thing that society made up to single out and destroy those who dare to be different. Others would argue that, yes, it is a thing. They would say that normal is based upon the majority. That normal is decided by society. Normal is what causes some people to be "in" while others are "out." Normal is that thing that everybody wishes to be. And normal is that thing that those who are deemed "not normal" by society hate. They wish they could be it so badly and are rejected so harshly, that they turn against the very thing they want. These are the extremes.

In mathematical terms, the mean, or normal in societal terms, is determined by averaging everything and everyone together. The extremes on either end tend to have more of an influence on the overall normal than those statistics that are more average. And this idea can be applied to society. Those people who are extreme tend to have more of an influence on society, so it appears that there is no normal; it's simply an unreachable ideal.

But what about those who truly are normal? What about those people who are never noticed? The ones who are too weird to be cool but too cool to be weird? I call them the in-betweeners.

I was an in-betweener.