Status: Very active, regular updates can be expected :)

The In-Betweeners

The Fast Forward

I know, reader, that I complained earlier about how history textbooks always skip moments in time. And I realize that I am about to become a hypocrite, but this hypocrisy is necessary and I think you’ll find that there are certain times in life where hypocrisy simply can not be avoided. I would love to tell you the rest of my summer before sophomore year, but it is filled with days much like the one I just described to you and I’m afraid that would become quite boring, so instead I’m going to fast forward the story to my sophomore year…

Sophomore year began much in the same way that freshman year had begun, only this time with less optimism.

I would like to take the time now to clear something up: I was not miserable during high school. Did I want my social life to be a little different than it was? Perhaps. Did I not especially love my schedule or all of my teachers? More than likely. Did I wish I was a part of something bigger like a sport or a club? Yes. But at the same time I loved having Shane as a friend, and that would not have been possible had I been involved with the “popular” kids at school. And maybe at the time I thought Ms. Brooks was a conceited bitch and Mr. Agostini was quite possibly the most ignorant man on the planet, but I did learn a lot from all of my teachers whether I was willing to admit it or not. And to be perfectly honest, the “something bigger” that I longed to be a part of during high school was actually the thing that turned into something else after high school: nothing.

I wasn’t miserable. I wasn’t depressed. I wasn’t contemplating suicide because the majority of the school’s population had never even heard the name James Wheeler before. And I wasn’t really dwelling on the fact that life was boring.

So, like I said, sophomore year was much like freshman year. Only there was one exception:

Brian McClafferty.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hey supah short chapter, whaddup? Really more of a filler/the realization that I wanted to update but had no idea what to write/un-planned chapter, but hey, an update's an update right? AND OH HEY NEW MYSTERIOUS CHARACTER, WHADDUP? More of this character will be explained in the next non-fillerish/hopefully longer/totally already planned out chapter.

Until next time.