Status: Complete

Shattered Love

Six

MIKEY

I can’t deny it. Me and Frankie. Well, I love him, I love him a lot, but why the fuck does he have to be in love with Gerard. I’m positive that he doesn’t mean to, and he’s trying not to be, both for my sake and Gerard’s, but I’m not stupid.

I saw how they looked at each other when they were talking. Why doesn’t he ever want to spend the night in our room? It’s because he’s in a room with Gee, that’s why. I know it. He always says it’s because he’s got unfinished homework, and then he wants to be there for when Gerard has his nightmares. I take care of my brother during those usually.

It’s like I’ve had my place taken by the two people who mean the most to me. I mean, I used to help out Gerard, and now that’s Frankie’s job, and I’m supposed to be the one that frank falls in love with, but instead I’m not good enough, and I got beat out by my older brother. Neither of them mean it, I’m sure. I can’t blame either of them.

It’s so obvious that they both are staying apart for me. Neither of them wants to change it, in case I get hurt. I couldn’t have asked for two better people. I love them both beyond belief. If only frank was like all of the other meaningless fucks I’ve had. But no. The only one I can’t have is the one I have to be desperately in love with. How much did I drink tonight, you ask? Not much. Bottle or two.. or a lot more than that. Lost count after five.

Maybe I should just go out and clear my mind. That’s really what I need to do. I snuck out on my own and headed towards our car. My heart just might be bursting. I can’t take this. I pulled out of where we put our car when we want to sneak out and swerved out onto the road. Woah got to be a bit more careful there. I nearly swerved out off of the road.

Driving usually calms my mind. I can’t possibly know what it’s like to be drunk and drive, but it sure as hell is harder to concentrate. I keep seeing the road, and then it starts flying away and I have to make the car follow it. I can do this. At least it’s getting Frankie off my mind. I love him. I love him. I can’t be with him though. It’s making him unhappy. He really needs Gerard. I know what I have to—

CRASH.