So, I Love My Best Friend

So, I Love My Best Friend Chapter 21

I will never take the bus ever again.
I finally reached my locker and Chauncey was standing there waiting for me.
“Hear me out,” he said walking over to me.
“I’ve heard enough,” I said walking passed him. I spun open my combination and put my things in there.
“Clarissa, you don’t get it. When you fall for someone-”
“Don’t talk to me about love!” I said slamming my locker shout and walking away. I found Jerry hung out with him and his friends.
The rest of the school I avoided Chauncey and hung out with Jerry and Tiffany.
At the end of the day Jerry drove me home and hung out for a while. Once Jerry left there was a knock on my door.
“Who is it?” I asked walking over to the window.
“Chauncey,” I heard him muffle.
“I’m sorry, my mommy told me not to answer the door to idiots,” I said.
“Clarissa, come on!” he pleaded.
I sighed and opened the door.
“Hear me out.” He pleaded
“I don’t want to. If she needs sex to be with you then she’s not worth your time. You’re so much better than that, Chauncey. Why can’t you see that?”
“I really like her and I was going to sleep with her anyway,” he said walking in.
“I don’t care!”
“Clarissa-”
“Break up with her!” I demanded.
He sighed.
“I refuse to stand by and watch her take advantage of you and break your heart. Dump her! Dump her now!”
“I really like her, Clarissa,” he said putting his hands in his pockets.
I sighed and took a sit on the steps, overwhelmed with emotions.
I was angry, jealous and confused.
Chauncey joined me on the steps and took my hand. “I could really use a friend to help me figure this whole thing out,” he said.
I sighed and looked at him. “I’m tried of being your friend.” The words fell from my lips before I could stop them.
“What?” he asked.
“I want to be more than friends, Chauncey. I’ve always have. Now, please leave and don’t come back until you realize that I’m the girl from you,” I stood up and walked over to the door. “I guess this is good bye.”
Chauncey slowly stood up and walked out.
I closed the door and sighed. “That went well”.
*****
For the next two months Jerry was my ride to and from school. I hung out with Tiffany as well as Bryan, Crystal and Courtney. Life wasn’t really the same without Chauncey, but I was learning to live with it.
He did break up with Rose, finally but never called me or texted me. So, I didn’t bother to reach out to him.
“Clarissa, Jerry’s here,” my mom called from down stairs.
“I’m coming,” I said walking out of my room.
Jerry was taking us out to dinner; he said he had a surprise for me.
I joined them down stairs and we left shortly after.
Jerry took us to a little restaurant and we had a good time. At the end of the night he drove us to the near by park and we walked around. We passed the playground, where Chauncey and I had our first kiss, and headed over to the benches.
Jerry gave me a quick kiss before getting down on one knee.
“What are you going?” I asked.
“Asking you to marry me. It doesn’t have to be now but soon. I want to spend the rest of my life with you,” he said.
“Jerry…” I said taking his hands and pulling him to stand up. “I don’t have the same feelings that you have for me,” I said slowly.
He looked at the grounded and sighed.
“I’m so sorry”.
“Chauncey, huh?” he asked.
“Kind of”.
“Lucky bastard,” he muttered.
I laughed and gave him a hug. “Whoever she is, she’s one lucky girl,” I whispered to him.
He hugged me back. “Let’s get you home”.