Status: Still going...it's going to be a while ^-^"

Fairytales and Nightmares

RBM

I went through the rest of the night mindlessly. The first chance I got, I escaped the club and teleported back to my dilapidated house that I shared with Triyx. I sat down in front of my computer, typing with one hand and punching in numbers in my phone with the other.

“Hey, Ash, Triyx.”

“You better have a damn good reason for waking me up at this ungodly hour, C.S.”

I rolled my eyes at Ash’s greeting.

“Guess who’s running the vamp project?”

I heard both Triyx and Ash bolt up in alertness.

“Elite 1 and 4.”

I heard a groan from both hunters. We were not only fighting Elites, the best vampire fighters in the world, we were fighting the best and the fourth best.

“We’re fighting Tys and RBM?” Ash said, his voice oddly flat.

“The Red-Black Mask…Cici?” It was the lightest whisper, but I heard the worry in Triyx’s voice. Everyone in the higher ranks of the Hunter Organization, Triyx and Ash included, knew the details of the California Massacre. At that thought, I unpopped my twelfth beer tonight and chugged the entire contents in one swig. To my great annoyance, the Hunter tendency of immunity to alcohol kicked in. I couldn’t force back the flashbacks.

Red. So much red. Piercing pain. Screaming. Stop the screaming. I want to die. I want to die. I WANT TO DIE.

“Cici?!” Triyx’s panicked voice reached me. I felt a pulsing pain in my hand. Looking down, I realized I had stabbed myself with my knife.

I closed my eyes and said monotonously, “They are attacking in 2 months. I’m not sure who they will be fighting; us or another undead clan. None of the hunters came up with suspicious activity, so I think it might be a vampire or demon clan. Reasons are still unknown. Relay it to Mitch and the other teams.”

“Ci…” Triyx began but I cut her off.

“I’m calling it a night. Bye.”

I hung up the phone. I stared at the computer screen where I had just changed my own database to be less suspicious in preparation for Nate changing mine to accommodate Daniel. I shut down the computer, teleported to my usual tree, and laid there, thirteenth beer in hand. It was times like these that were the hardest. It was times like these that I wished I had succeeded in suicide all those years ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
It'll lighten up...soon...who am I kidding, I can't seem to write happy stories *headdesk* Honestly though, Nate's going to come back in the next couple chapters, so it'll be errr...less depressing ;P