Status: active :)

Trapped in the Magic of Love.

Another Failed Attempt

"Ron's been poisoned!" I heard the phrase uttered multiple times as I walked through the hallways. I woke up late and was on my way to the Great Hall for some breakfast. I yawned as I shuffled past the hour glasses filled with glittering beads. The green ones were slightly higher than the red ones, meaning that Slytherin was winning the race for the House Cup. There weren't as many people as there normally were in the mornings, most having run off to get ready for their classes. However, there were still enough people for me to hear the murmurings about Ron Weasley being poisoned by a bottle of Oak Matured Mead that Professor Slughorn had.

I made my way over to the far right of the room, where I could see Pansy and Blaise sitting, finishing up their breakfast.

"Mornin'." I mumbled, seating myself across the table from them, immediately grabbing the mug of tea that appeared in front and sipping on it. The liquid burned my tongue in a good way, waking me up a little. The good thing about being friends with a house elf is that they eventually know what you want to eat, and they make sure that you have it in front of you the second you sit down. I don't know how Dobby always does it, but every morning there is a mug of delicious tea in front of me, along with scrambled eggs, some ham and a piece of toast. Taking a bite of my eggs I sighed in delight as the food made its way to my stomach. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until I took that first bite.

"Good morning!" Pansy grinned from ear to ear. She was such a morning person I couldn't take it sometimes. The only time I'm ever a morning person is when something interesting is happening that day. Take Christmas for example, on Christmas morning I will be up at five in the morning, ready to open up some presents. However, when all I have to look forward to all day is school, I am the grumpiest person.

I got a muttered reply from Blaise. He wasn't much of a morning person at all, even on Christmas! I liked being around him in the mornings more than anyone else because we could just sit in silence, not get dragged into conversations we don't care about, and wish that we could go back to bed.

Pansy was yammering on about who knows what and I pretended to listen, nodding whenever she would fall silent to make it look like I was paying attention. Once I finished my food I cleared my throat and looked around the room.

"So what's this about Weasley being poisoned?" I crossed my arms across my chest, staring at Pansy. She always knew all about the latest happenings in Hogwarts. Don't ask me how, she just does.

"I heard that he went to Slughorn's office because he accidentally ate some chocolates that Romilda Vane gave to Harry Potter and he wanted to get the cure. Can you believe that though? Who would want Harry Potter to be in love with them?! That sickens me, what a waste of a love potion. Anyways, yeah they went to Slughorn's and he cured Ron of the love potion, and then they all had a cup of the Oak Matured Mead to cheer Ron up because apparently it really sucks coming down from a love potion. And Ron took the first sip of the mead and then fell over and Potter somehow saved his life, blah blah blah. The usual 'Boy Who Lived' bull crap. But there you have it, that's what happened." She stated smugly, crossing her arms across her chest as well and looking at me the same way I was looking at her.

"Huh," I began, processing all the information I had just received. Pansy could say so much in such a little amount of time. "So somebody was trying to poison Slughorn but they poisoned Weasley instead?"

"Somebody tried to poison Slughorn?" Draco's voice sounded behind me. He took a seat next to me and I looked over at him and smiled,

"Hi Drey!"

"Oh now the bitch wants to wake up." I heard Pansy mutter to Blaise and they both laughed.

"Oh bugger off Pansy, don't you guys have classes to go to?" I snapped at her, sticking my tongue out. For some reason, mine and Draco's first class was canceled so we were free to do whatever we wanted this morning.

"Ugh, yeah yeah." She glared, grabbing Blaise's arm and dragging him up from the table. "Come on let's go, tired butt." They walked off to their classes, leaving just me and Draco at the Slytherin table.

"Hello Phia." Draco finally replied to my greeting, "What were you guys saying about Slughorn being poisoned?"

"Weasley was poisoned last night after he drank a bottle of Oak Matured Mead that Slughorn had. So somebody must've tried to poison Slughorn but they ended up getting Weasley instead."

Draco's eyes had gotten dangerously wide as I was telling him this. I looked at him worriedly, "Draco are you okay?"

He squeezed his eyes shut for a brief moment and then opened them up. He looked cool and composed as he stood up from the table, "I'm fine, I have something to do though." And he wandered off without so much as a goodbye to me. Looks like I'm not hanging out with him before classes started...

I stood up from the table in a huff, making my way back to the Slytherin common room. My plan to just curl up by the fire with a good book. I made it up to my room, picked out a good book to read, and headed back down to the common room. Someone was sitting in the seat by the fire that I wanted and I scowled, choosing a seat back a little further. There was hardly any light further away from the fire, being as our common room was in the dungeons, and also underwater. I tried reading for a moment, not being able to make out any of the words. And, being far too lazy to use my wand for a light, I slammed my book shut with a huff, returning it to my room. I decided to just wander around the halls until my first class started.

I was wandering around a third floor corridor when I heard,

"Psst, Szophia!"

"Hey, Phia what are you doing? Over heeerrrreee."

I grinned and made my way over to the shadows that were whispering to me. "What in the name of Merlin are you guys doing over here?"

Fred and George's faces popped out of the darkness, slowly looking around before answering me at the same time like they always did. "We're hiding from Filch."

"Oh gosh," I pinched the bridge of my nose between my thumb and pointer finger. "What did you two do to him this time? I'm starting to understand why he's so grumpy all the time now."

"We didn't really do anything bad this time!"

"All we did was turn Mrs. Norris into a frog."

"Harmless fun, right Phia?"

I rolled my eyes at them, "You twits. Filch is up near the astronomy towers right now, I think that you guys are safe to come out. However much you hide, you do know that he will find you one day right?"

"Ah, yes. One day." George stepped from the shadows, holding up a finger.

"However, today will not be that one day." Fred followed after him, grinning from ear to ear.

"What are you doing out of classes, Missy?" George asked, poking the side of my head. The two of them began circling around me, poking random parts of my body.

I swatted at their hands as they kept poking me. "My first class was cancelled, I have nothing to do. And Draco was supposed to hang out with me but then he disappeared, off to do who knows what. And he left me all alone, bored out of my mind." I pouted, landing a loud smack on Fred's hand.

"Malfoy was up by the Room of Requirement about twenty minutes ago." Fred stated, poking me in the side and causing me to jump about ten feet into the air.

The Room of Requirement? What the bloody hell was he doing up there? "Huh," I stated out loud, "What could he possibly be doing in the Room of Requirement?"

"We don't know." The twins chorused.

"He was mumbling 'I need a secret place to work' over and over again though, so he's doing something sneaky in there." George filled in.

"Hmm," I danced around the possibilities I had with this new information. "I'll talk to you guys later, look out for Filch!" I called back to them as I began to walk off, towards the secret entrance to the Room of Requirement. The first time that I had followed Draco into the Room of Requirement, he didn't seem to be doing much, except blowing off steam. But disappearing and going back in there again? Now I was getting suspicious.

I stood in front of the blank wall where the room was and paced back and forth in front of it, muttering the same words that George told me Draco had said, until the door appeared. I gripped the handle and quietly let myself in. The room was once again filled to the ceiling with what looked like useless old junk. I made my way through row after row of junk, looking for my blonde headed best friend. Finally, after knocking over a stack of frilly pillows, I found Draco by that stupid black cabinet that he was at before. The one that made that book disappear. The door to the cabinet was opened and Draco was leaning his head into it, his sleeves rolled up as he wiggled the door of the cabinet, swearing loudly.

"Draco?" I called out, stepping over the pillows, "What are you doing?"

He jumped, hitting his head off the cabinet and swearing again. "Phia?!" His eyes widened, "What are you doing in here?!"

"Fred and George said they saw you come in here, so I came up to see what you were doing because I wa-" I stopped, my eyes coming to rest on his left arm. "Drey.." I started slowly, "What is that on your arm...?" The black mark on his arm was moving around, I stepped closer to him, trying to get a better view of it even though I already knew what it was.

"Phia... I-"

"Just stop Draco, stop and tell me what the bloody hell is on your arm! Tell me that that's not real, that it's not what I think it is. Please, Draco..."

"I can't tell you that its not what you think it is, because it is. I'm so sorry, Phia. Please just hear me out before you run away, please. I can't bear to lose you again.." He looked up at me, his eyes pleading with me. He took a step closer to me and grabbed my hand. He held it with both of his hands and stared into my eyes, "Just ten minutes, Szophia. That's all I need."
♠ ♠ ♠
Szophia's outfit

oh my god guys. I am so absolutely 150% sorry that this took like two freaking years to come out and that it's so crappy. my life's been kind of crazy lately and its just starting to settle down now, so hopefully I'll be able to update this and all of the rest of my stories a lot quicker and more often now. I hope you guys like this, although I know its complete crap. I'll try and post another chapter soon. Thank you to all of the people that read this story and once again I'm sorry. :(