Status: Updating! Don't kill me if I'm slow to add chapters! :) <3

The Outsiders: A Simple Yet Complex Love Story

Town Times

"Can I get down now Blaire?" Johnny asked exasperatedly. You had been carrying him to Dallas' car, which had been strategically placed a ways down the road.

"No! And if you ask again I'll drop you!" You laughed, knowing you wouldn't drop him. What an empty threat.

"Oh yeah?" he replies. "Well what if that's what I want?" He takes a pause the says "Can I get down now?"

You burst into laughter and start to run. Johnny holds on for dear life and laughs along with you. He was very light from his time in the church. You get to Dally's car, and plop him down into the front passenger seat.

"Yes! Thank you Blaire," Johnny yells. You pat his head playfully and ruffle his hair. He rushes to fix it.

"Oh you greasers and your hair," you joke. "If you love it so much, go marry it!"

You climbed into the back with Pony as Dal hopped into the driver's seat. He took off, the engine roaring as the car soared down the road.

"Where'd you get this car Dal?" Pony asked.

"It's Buck's," Dallas said, not saying how he got it.

"Dal, don't!" You were getting anxious about him trying to drive with no hands.

"Don't worry, I got it," Dally said, cock-sure that he had everything under control.

You four pulled into Dairy Queen, ordering BBQ sandwich after BBQ sandwich, watching Pony and Johnny make up for five days worth of a baloney only diet. You had a pepsi, then just watched the boys eat. You had really missed them, and just seeing them made you happy.

"We're going to go back and turn ourselves in," Johnny suddenly stated.

Dallas choked on his pepsi, "What?"

"You heard me, we're going to go back," Johnny said, watching Dally shake his head slowly.

"Are you sure?" you asked.

"Is this really what you want?" Dal looked worried.

"Yeah man, I'm sure. It ain't fair for Pony with Soda and Darry worrying about him all the time! I don't suppose my folks asked about me?"

"Hey man, the boys are worried! Did you know that Two-Bit wanted to go to Texas to hunt for you?" Dallas was almost yelling, his voice above normal speaking volume.

"Dally, I asked about my parents--" Johnny started.

"No! They didn't ask about you," Dal was yelling now. "Why bother? My parents don't give a hang if I'm dead in a car wreck or drunk in the gutter, and it don't bother me none. I don't care."

Johnny dropped his head and Dallas started the car. He looked awful sad, and you just wanted to reach out and give him a hug.

"Johnny," Dally started in a high voice you three had never heard him use before. "I just don't want to see you get hurt. Do you know what a couple months in a cell can do to you? I just don't want it to happen to you, like it happened to me..."

Pony and you exchanged surprised looks. Dallas never gave a shit about anyone else. He'd grown up on the rough side of New York, seen some muggings that'd make you sick if he told you about them. Hearing him talk like this shocked you more than a thousand volts ever could.

You drove on in silence, and thought about a joke about awkward silences that Dallas had once pulled and you quietly said, "Gay baby."

Pony looked up in surprise, "What?"

"Every awkward silence a gay baby is born," you whispered. Dal started laughing quietly to himself, then kept driving. After a few minutes, you looked over and exclaimed, "Oh glory!"

The church had gone up in flames!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the slow updates!
Wah, I lost 7 subscribers!!
Come on guys, have faith in me!
I might give you cliff hangers...
But I wont ever end a story unexpectedly and abruptly!
Stay with me!
Comment and Subscribe!

Also, thank you to MarchingFlutie11 and iseegravity;; for dedicating chapters to me!
It really made my day to see that MarchingFlutie11 had dedicated to me for inspiring her to write and then the next day iseegravity;; dedicating to me for being the 100th comment!
You guys rock!
<3