Status: Updating! Don't kill me if I'm slow to add chapters! :) <3

The Outsiders: A Simple Yet Complex Love Story

The Meet and Greet Fiasco

You turn to see who's just come walking through the door. There are two men standing there, one handsome and the other definitely not. You catch the handsome one's eye and blush, turning away.

"Hey there, I'm Dallas Winston. Nice to, er, meet you?" he says. You blush even harder and look away after shaking his hand. Awkward... You can't help but think how cute he is. He's so dreamy, with his light brown hair and those dark brown eyes... They've got a hint of steely coldness, but it seems to melt away when he looks at you. He's very muscular, and just so...

"I'm Steve." the other boy states. He was kind of gross looking, with buck teeth and a big nose. And by big, I mean huge. It almost took up half his face. Thank God I didn't have to shake his hand... you think to yourself.

You're thinking when all of a sudden Darry's voice breaks through. "Where's Ponyboy? He should be here by now..." Suddenly there's a yell coming from down the street. Everyone rushes out to see Pony surrounded by four Socs, with a knife to his throat.

"Darry, Soda, Two-Bit... Anyone!" The Socs look up and see everyone coming, then rush back into their car and attempt to make a break for it. Steve picks up a branch and throws it, while Darry reaches into the car and punches a Soc right in the jaw. Two-Bit had picked up a boulder and shattered the back window.

"Nice throw, man." You hi-five him. Turning your attention back to Pony, he's shaking.

"Hey Pony, don't worry. They ain't gonna hurt you no more," says Soda. What a nice brother.

"I know, I-I'm just a bit spooked, that's all." the boy you assume to be Ponyboy says. He looks up around him, spies you, the quickly turns away and wipes away the stray tears trailing down his face.

"I should go..." You start to turn when Pony speaks up.

"No, stay. It's okay, I don't bite. Please?" He seems so innocent... You turn around and help him up.

"My name's Blaire. Blaire Kinko. You must be Ponyboy Curtis, am I right?" Sounding a bit professional, you shoot him a warm smile.

"Yeah, that's me. Sorry you had to see that."

"Oh don't worry, I didn't see much." Seems like you two are gonna get along real well... After all the tension lessons up.

As you walk with the rest of the gang back to the house, you turn to see Sodapop looking at you. Catching his eye, he quickly looks away. You look back and Dally's staring at Soda menacingly. Uh oh... I'm already causing problems! What do I do, what do I do?

~ ~ ~

Walking home, Dally offered for Ponyboy, Johnny and I to go to the movies with him the next day. You guys obliged, having nothing better to do. Two-Bit was planning on getting drunk, which didn't surprise you one bit.

Getting back to the house, it suddenly dawns on Two-Bit that you have no where to stay.

"Oh gosh! Where're you gonna crash tonight Kinky?" Thinking over this, you really don't know. Suddenly, Sodapop speaks up.

"We've got an extra room at our place. After I started rooming with Pony it's been open... Do you think you'd like to stay with us?" Aww, he's so cute! But should I really be moving in with boys? Guess I've got no choice.

"Sure! Thank you so much!" you exclaim.

"No problem! So just go home, grab what you need, and come back here kay? I'm sure Two-Bit will help you pack... Won't you Two-Bit?" he says, looking over at your cousin.

"What? Why?" He starts to complain, but agrees. "It'll be quick though, okay? Like lightning!" He tries to go into a karate stance, when you trip him.

Laughing, you help him up. This is gonna be great... Or so you thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? I tried to put in as much connection with the actual book as possible, but that's mainly it for this part. :)