Status: Done

Card Sharks

Card Sharks

Card Sharks

By Cody H., Robbie P., Brandon T., Cameron M. and Jennifer D.

It was a late night, in Las Vegas. The lights and sound’s of the day disappeared. Then it was as if the day had started again because of the lights at the casinos. On the desert the fog was rolling in towards the city. Then the lights were gone and Vegas seemed to disappear.

Two men were left standing in the crater. One man looked as though he were lanky from the black cloak he was wearing. The other looked huge, as though he had been working out for years.

“Michael, you've see my power, you can not beat me now. I am too powerful for you,” one of the men howled and laughed.

“A lot has changed, Vincent, and you are not stronger than me anymore.” Vincent snarled and charged his enemy. This is it. Michael thought My moment of revenge, I can now step out of his shadow.

Michael quickly did a side step to evade his enemy’s movement. It seemed as if Vincent was not thinking clearly. Vincent quickly brought up his back leg for a kick, but Michael was just too fast, catching Vincent’s hind leg and throwing him.

“See my point?” Michael questioned, his arms spread wide. “You can not… no, will not beat me.” Vincent roared, climbing to his knees, and leapt at Michael in a last feeble attempt. Michael swiped him out of the air and threw him. Vincent was flying through the air and hit the drift. In a second, Michael was standing on Vincent’s chest, his foot place on his throat.

“You wouldn’t,” Vincent croaked out.

“Oh, but I would,” Michael retorted and crushed Vincent’s throat. Michael got off of Vincent, doused him in gasoline, lit a match and watched as Vincent’s body went up in flames. Michael walked away, grinning sadistically at his triumph. “I win, brother.” As a parting gift, Michael dropped an ace of spades onto his brother’s charred corpse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short story. 335 words.