Status: activeeee :D

Paper Bags and Plastic Hearts

005

Friday couldn’t have come any sooner and for that I was very thankful. The only thing that sort of ruined the last day of the week was the fact that Lacey hadn’t gone to school for whatever reason and I was pretty much left alone. Add to the fact that one of the girls from the popular clique took my friend’s absence as an advantage to throw around some unpleasant words my way. Of course, I never let it bother me. It was normal.

She was the typical rich, stuck up, daddy’s little girl who thought she was superior among her peers. And of course she always had her little plastic posse behind her at all times. The bitch in question is Serena Lawrence. Or as I like to call her, Serpent. Like I said, I never let her get to me and that’s what pissed her off the most. She hated being ignored, that little attention whore. Not to mention she was dumber than anyone I’d ever met. And what’s worse is that me and her used to actually be, er, friends. But that’s a story for another time.

I was relieved when the last bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. I quickly gathered all my books and stuffed them in my bag before darting out of the school building towards my car. Bessie was definitely a lot different than all the other cars in the parking lot and I often got teased about that. Mostly by Serpent and her skanky group of friends, though.

I threw my bag carelessly in the back seat and buckled myself in before starting up the engine. I backed away from the parking space and drove carefully towards the exit. As I got close, I noticed Serena and gang walking ridiculously slow in their short skirts and tight fitted tops.

I grinned evilly, gripping the steering wheel. I drove a tiny bit faster and they didn’t even realize me coming. The minute Serena turned her head and saw my car, her eyes widened. I instantly hit the breaks, causing all of them to squeal bloody murder and jump back.

Ha. That was fun.

Serena’s face grew red with fury as she looked at me. She stomped her feet. “What the hell, bitch?!”

I rolled my window down and stuck my head out, with an innocent look on my face. “Oh, I’m so sorry. I didn’t see you.”

She scoffed, placing a hand on her hip. The other skanks imitated her. “You could’ve killed us!”

“Here’s a tip: walk faster next time.”

“I’ll walk how I want!” She huffed, flipping her fake blond hair back. Again, her friends mimicked her actions.

I shrugged. “Suit yourself, princess. It’s your funeral.”

She glared. “Why don’t you do us all a favor and go drive your ugly ass car off a bridge! Trust me, no one will miss either of you!” She scoffed once more before she and her pack of puppy dogs began walking away, all shooting me dirty looks. I rolled my eyes and rolled my window back up before stepping on the gas and exiting the school grounds.

A few minutes later, I pulled into my driveway and shut off the engine. I grabbed my bag from the back seat and jumped out of the car, shutting the door and locking it. I then reached my hand up and patted the hood of my car with a smile. “You did good today, Bess.”

I turned around and gripped my bag tightly in my hands, dragging it along with me as I made my way to the door. Once I was in, I threw the bag aside and slipped off my old school vans.

“Mom?” I called.

“In the living room, honey,” her voice uttered.

I walked over to the living room and paused in my tracks when I reached the doorway. Archie and my mother were all cuddled up on the couch. My face twisted in disgust.

“Hey, sweetie,” my mom smiled.

Archie looked at me and grinned. His white shirt clung to his skin so tightly, I wondered if it was cutting off his circulation.

“….Hi,” I muttered.

“How was school?” She asked, running a hand through Archie’s thick dark hair.

I shrugged, leaning against the doorframe. “Lacey didn’t go. We got a new Spanish teacher. I almost ran a few people over on my way out of school.” I shrugged again. “Eh, it was okay.”

My mom’s eyes widened to the size of saucers. “What?!”

“Oh, relax. It was totally intentional.” I waved my hand.

“Farrah!”

I rolled my eyes. “Take a chill pill, mother. Serena and her skanks are all alive and well, prancing around in their billion dollar heels.”

“You mean Serena Lawrence?” She sighed loudly, shaking her head. “What is it with you and her? Why can’t you two just be friends again? You’ve been feuding since Junior High!”

I snorted. “Mom, please. Serena Lawrence and I will never be friends again.”

She raised a brow. “And why not?”

“Because! She crossed over to the dark side. She’s plastic. We’re enemies,” I replied bitterly. “Trust me, the day Serpent and I become friends again, unicorns will shit Skittles.”

“Farrah, watch your mouth. We have company!” She said sternly.

I smirked, looking at the buff guy beside her. “Hey Archie.”

“Hey,” he greeted with a nod.

“How’s Jughead?”

His eyebrows came together in confusion. “What?”

I bit my lip, stifling a laugh. Mom glared daggers at me.

“Well, I’m gonna go get ready for work. See ya,” I said quickly before leaving the doorway and walking up the stairs. On my way up I couldn’t help but laugh out loud and I knew the sound had most likely reached their ears. But I didn’t care.

I walked into my room, which was in desperate need of cleaning. I didn’t even remember the last time I cleaned my space. It was pretty shameful because it didn’t look like a girl’s room at all. A few of my posters were unsticking from the walls; there were a few dirty clothes under my bed; my curtain was a bit frayed at the tips due to it being old, almost as old as me. My room was filled with antiques and I loved anything vintage.

I slipped out of my school clothes and grabbed another pair of light blue jeans, putting it on. I slipped on my blue Nirvana shirt and began fixing my hair into a side ponytail. I looked at myself in the mirror and quickly applied some eyeliner around my eyes. I was never too fond of makeup, but occasionally I’d settle for some eyeliner. I laughed a little, remembering the conversation Andy and I had about his guyliner. Now he wasn’t the only one wearing makeup.

After I was done with myself, I ran downstairs and grabbed my vans from beside the front door and slipped them back on. I was about to leave when I heard my mom calling me. I sighed and spun around, heading for the living room.

“Yeah?”

“Were you gonna leave without saying goodbye?” She asked with a laugh.

I smiled sheepishly. “Bye.”

“Bye,” she smiled.

“Bye, red,” Archie said.

I arched a brow at the name he’d called me. “Red?”

“Y´know, cause of your hair,” he explained with a grin.

I forced myself not to roll my eyes at this. “Oh. Uh, whatever.” I turned around to leave but then I stopped, turning to face them again. “Hey, uh, if you two are thinking of doing anything kinky while I’m gone, please don’t do it on the couch. I sit there.” I smirked.

“Farrah,” mom said in a warning tone.

I blew her a kiss. “Love you, mom. Bye.” And with that I spun back around and left the house, once again, laughing to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
filler, kinda :)