Status: Fast. (:

The Things We Didn't Say.

Even though I'm not always right.

I am Brooke Myette, I am 23 years old, and I’m a cosmetologist. I have a five year old son, and he is my whole world, Reid Phillip Myette-Margera. I just recently moved to my home town, the town I grew up in, West Chester. I moved away to New York when I was 18 years old, I had just found out I was pregnant with Reid, and I left before I had to face anyone. I moved because my best friend, and the boy I had a crush on since I could remember, chose an older girl with a daughter over me, his best friend. Who knew that boy would be Brandon Cole Margera, or as you all know him, Bam Margera. There’s a twist to every story, though, right? The twist to my story is that when I left I was pregnant with Bams’ son.

- - - - - - - - -

“Mommy, wake up!” My five year old son said, jumping up and down on my bed. I smiled and pretended to be asleep. “Come on, mommy, wake up, it’s my first day of school” he said, I hope he is always this excited for school.

“OK, fine. I’m up” I said and jumped out from under my covers and started tickling his sides, making him laugh.

“Mommy, stop, I have to get ready for school! I’m going to be late!” He said squirming under me.

“Alright, I guess your right.” I said and then looked over my shoulder at my alarm clock. “OH NO, we’re already late!” I said jokingly.

“MOM, COME ON, LET’S GET READY” he screamed jumping up and running out of the room. I ran after him and into his bedroom laughing. “What’s so funny? I’m late, mom.” He said pouting.

“Reid, I was kidding, we have a lot of time.” I said, laughing. “Come with me, and I’ll get you cereal and put cartoons on while I get ready? Ok, baby?” I said as I started walking out of the bedroom with Reid trailing behind me in his pajamas.

“Ok, mommy!” he yelled and then he ran out of the bedroom with me trailing behind laughing loudly. I ran into the kitchen while he ran into the living room yelling about how he would ‘turn on his own cartoons’. I walked out of the kitchen with Reid’s cereal in one hand and his orange juice in the other.

“Here you go, monster. I will be in the bathroom or my bedroom getting ready.” I told him as he started eating his cereal. I walked out of my new living room and up the stairs into my bedroom. I grabbed my clothes out of my closet and skipped to the bathroom that was across the hall from my bedroom.

I shut the bathroom door and then stripped of my pajamas; I then put my bra and panties on and then proceeded to do the same with the rest of my clothes, until I was fully dressed. I grabbed my curling iron and straightener and got to work on my hair, and when I finished with that I brushed my teeth, and then I put my make-up on and made sure it was perfect. I ran out of the bathroom with hairspray and a comb and into Reid’s, and grabbed his clothes out of his closet.

“REID, CAN YOU COME UP HERE?” I yelled across the house, I heard running up the stairs, and then Reid burst through the door of his bedroom.

“Yeah, mom?” he said looking at me and grinning.

“We have to do your hair, and get you dressed if you don’t want to be late” I said smiling at him, I handed him his clothes and he got dressed and then he stood in front of me so I could fix his Mohawk. I finished with his Mohawk and we walked out of our small house and to my small beat up car.

- - Looking for a job.

I walked into the salon that April Margera worked at with a smile on my face; I knew this day would come, having to face the woman that I left. Where do I begin, I love Ape with all of my heart, I love Phil too. They are the greatest people I know; they are kind, gentle, understanding, and forgiving. They are second parents to me; they were there when my parents weren’t.

I opened the door to the small salon and immediately spotted ape. I walked towards her slowly, I was about to back down and just leave, but I knew I needed a job. I needed to support me and my son. When I got to her she was talking away to an older lady that was getting her hair done.

“Hey, I saw the ‘help needed’ sign.” I said, and she whipped around, obviously recognizing my voice.

“Oh my gosh, Brooke” she whispered.

“Hi, Ape” I said smiling softly.

“Where were you, I was so worried, so was everybody. Especially Bam.” She scolded me.

“I’m sorry, I just needed time away, you’ll understand soon.” I said looking down, and then she pulled me into a hug.

“I missed you so much!” she said and her voice broke.

“I missed you, too, ape. More than you know.” I whispered back.

“You’re looking for a job?” Ape asked, and I nodded. “You’re hired, you have your degree right?”

“Right” I said smiling.

“You start tomorrow, honey” she said, and I hugged her again.

“Thanks, Ape, I have to go. See you tomorrow” I said practically running out of the salon when I realized that it was already 1:30 and I still had to go shopping.

- - At the school, after shopping.

I rushed into the school; I was about two minutes late, because I went home and unpacked my groceries before I came to pick Reid up. I walked into his classroom to see him just sitting in a desk.

“Come on, buddy” I said smiling at him.

“You’re late.” He mumbled.

“I’m sorry, come on, we can go now.” I said and then looked over at the teacher smiling softly.

“He actually has a detention.” The teacher said clearly, and glaring at me. “He was lying in my class, and then he got in a yelling match with one of my other students over what he was lying about.”

“What was he lying about?” I said looking over at him.

“He said that Bam Margera was his father.” She said.

“Bam Margera is his father, actually.” I glared over at her. “And I would rather you and your students left my child alone, just because he has a famous father, does not mean he is lying.”

“O-oh, I’m sorry” she said wide eyed.

“Let’s go, Reid” I said smiling at him, as he looked up at me sadly.

- At home 8:15.

I just got Reid to bed, and I was running around cleaning, I hadn’t even token my shoes off, besides changing them earlier to take Reid to the near by park. I was just finishing unpacking the rest of my kitchen when there was a loud knock on the door. I slowly walked to the door, confused, and then there was another round of loud banging on my door.

“I’M COMING, STOP KNOCKING” I yelled, hoping Reid wouldn’t wake up as I hurried my pace. I swung the door open to the one and only Bam Margera. “What are you doing here?” I whispered, as he looked at me, and then pushed past me into the house.

“Why didn’t you come see me? Better yet, why didn’t you say bye to me, when you left?” he said, slightly growling. I could tell he was mad at me, and if he sees Reid, he is going to be ten times madder at me.

“I don’t know what to say to you, Bam, you broke my heart. What was I supposed to do? Sit around and see you with Jenn and Ellie?” I asked referring to Jenn and her daughter. “I loved Ellie, you know I did. But, you and Jenn, How was I supposed to take that?”

“Don’t even do that; do not put the blame on me!” He yelled.

“Don’t yell!” I whisper yelled.

“Mommy, who’s here?” I heard a small voice and looked up to see Reid on the last step of the stairs.

“Reid, baby, go back to bed, please.” I practically begged, and then he finally looked at Bam.

“Dad?” Reid questioned. I did tell Reid who Bam was; my excuse was that his daddy was just to busy to be around.

“Yes, Reid, we’ll talk about this tomorrow. Go to bed, you have school in the morning.” He nodded slowly and then ran back up the stairs, full of excitement. I looked down, and sighed. “Can you please leave? You got him excited, now he’s going to expect to see you.”

“Is what you said true, I’m his dad?” Bam asked wide eyed.

“Yeah, Bam, now please leave.” I mumbled.

“Why can’t I meet him?” he said looking at me sadly.

“You just did.” I growled.

“I meant properly.” He said glaring slightly. I guess he was mad at me, I didn’t want him to be, but I’m obviously too stubborn to stop arguing.

“Maybe I don’t want him to be around you.” I said looking down.

“That’s too damn bad, because I’ll take you to court.” he said and I looked up with tears in my eyes.

“You wouldn’t.” I said and I felt a tear fall down my flawless cheek.

“I would, he’s my son too.” He said finally looking at me, when he did I saw sympathy crawl into his eyes. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean-“ I cut him off.

“Get out of my house.” I whispered, it came out really harsh. But, he deserved it.

“Brooke-“ he whispered taking a step towards me.

“Get out, Bam” I whisper yelled.

“Brooke, I didn’t mean it.” He whispered looking at me, hurt.

“You didn’t mean it? How dare you walk right into my apartment, without being invited and tell me you are going to take my child away? You have no right, not today, not any day. You weren’t in his life, and you’re not going to be. You hurt me, and I’m not going to let you hurt my son, too.” I growled lowly.

“Yeah, well, whose fault was that?” he said looking at me.

“If you wouldn’t have hurt me, I might have told you. I was just trying to protect my son from you and your revolving door of horrible woman.” I said looking down.

“You can’t justify taking my son away, without even telling me I had a son.” He said, now angry and fighting back.

“Enough, get out, you can’t see him. Take me to court. Take my life away, with your money.” I said walking to my door and opening it, and motioning my hand telling him to get out. He walked passed me, but not without looking at me apologetically, I then heard crying and walked over and saw my son crying, it looked like a shockingly beautiful picture.

“Oh, Reid” I said and ran up the stairs and picked him up in my arms as he sobbed into my chest. I quickly walked into my room and then sat on my bed, leaning against my back bored and pillows.

“Why did you tell him to leave?” Reid sobbed into my chest.

“I’m sorry, baby” I said as tears started leaking from my eyes. “Do you want to be around your daddy?”

“Yeah, everybody doesn’t believe me about him, maybe they will if he comes?” he said smiling at me.

“Ok, I’ll talk to your dad about it while you’re at school tomorrow. But, now you have to go to sleep.” I smiled down at him, as he grinned at me with his big dimples.

“Can I sleep with you tonight, mommy?” he said looking up at me with his puppy eyes.

“Of course, silly.” I said tickling him.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, I hope you guys LOVE it.
Reid and Brooke = http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24966572