Status: Active...as long as Tiffany and Bailey are good with updating :D

Desolate

Chapter Sixteen

To be honest, Charlie felt like she was in a rut; she wanted to find a way to make it away safely, but she didn't have a very strong plan. At the moment, she was sitting down in a chair, staring out that god forsaken window; a blank look spread on her face. A soft hand was placed upon her shoulder, her eyes darting to his before he took a seat beside her. Massaging her palm with her hand, she didn't speak but continued to stare at him; his hair sweeping over his eyes.

"What are we going to do?" She questioned, Oliver's face looking up as he thought; a crinkle on his face as he didn't have any ideas. The corners of her mouth twitched in amusement, her fingers brushing away the fly away hair; turning to look back out the window. She could feel him shrug, but she didn't turn to look at him; his arm wrapping around her instead. Her head was still pounding against her skull, making her feel exhausted; the warmth spreading through her entire body.

"You're warm," he stated, to which she smiled at the obvious; letting his fingers run across her forehead. Oliver's hands were always cold, making her want to keep them there forever; they'd get hot eventually though. Soft lips connected with her forehead, her eyes closed; his hair tickled her skin, sending shivers down her spine. Oliver didn't move, the warmth of his breath brushing across her skin; his face hovering above hers, but not moving more than a centimeter at a time.

"Hey," Darren abruptly interrupted, making Oliver sit upright in his chair; his arm still thrown over Charlie's shoulder. "What's up?" he questioned, pushing off Oliver's arm; replacing it with his. Charlie hesitantly glanced up at Darren, a look of confusion written across her features; he wasn't on her list, if that's what you're thinking.

"Hi," she retorted, shrugging off his shoulder; sitting up in her seat as well. "I'm going to the bathroom," she continued, seeing him go to rise from his seat; his face contorted to a scowl in return. Her footsteps faded as she walked down the hall, letting a sigh escape her lips; eyes drawn to her cut. Over the time, it's slowly starting to heal, but if you were to touch it it'd still hurt; not to mention, start to bleed.

"Got you," startled, she threw a hand up; the back of her hand connecting with Oliver's face. He bent down with his back to the wall; holding his nose with a groan. Charlie's hand went over her mouth as she knelt down to his level; a look of concern on her face.

"I'm so sorry," she remarked, brushing his hair out of his face; revealing a large smile on his face. "You're such an ass," she continued, her head shaking in an disapproving manner; a smile on her lips none the less. Oliver merely laughed in return, pulling her to him in a hug; letting his arms wrap around her body, her head leaning on his shoulder in content.

"Am I forgiven?" he questioned, a sound of amusement in his voice as her eyebrows furrowed. Shaking her head with a smile, his lips were instantly on hers; eyes wide, she started to pull away, but was pulled back to him with a gentle hand. Leaning into the kiss, he continued to capture her; his eyes fluttering close as she moved more into his chest. "How about now?" he inquired when they broke from air, his hair falling into his eyes.

"Only slightly," Charlie retorted, her lips on his before he could react; her hands flooding to his hair. Oliver's silky hair flowed effortlessly through her fingers as she wrapped them behind his head; his hands moving her to position him in his lap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, her brain was being racked in pain; it was a migraine to say the least, and she wasn't enjoying it. They were still inside the college, and nobody was quite sure what kind of "thing" was still out there. Her clothes were still doused in blood, and she was currently washing them in the sink to try and get out the stains; making sure the door was locked behind her.

"Well isn't this swell," she commented to herself, looking at the now dry clothing; blood still stained into the fabric. Pulling back a strand of stray hair, she slowly put the clothing back on; her arm still healing, which indirectly puts a smile on her face. She was done with everything at the moment, the people, the situation; yet, there was nothing she could do about it, because she was too nice. Others might disagree about the nice part, but then again, she didn't care if they were to die or not anyways; she was solely on survival now, and it wasn't about them. Things you could say, were catching up on her, and she didn't want to do anything about it; she didn't like to have challenges, she wanted to make it, and without trouble. Unfortunately, that's not how things work in this world; in reality.

"Fuck you," she cussed, someone outside had yelled something incoherent outside the door; pulling her gun over her shoulder, she began to strap on her boots. They too, were all worn out and tired; not enough to throw away just yet, was it sad that everyone could be compared to a worn out boot?

"Hurry up I have to pee," Jordan muttered from outside, her voice rushed; only making Charlie smile as she pulled open the door.

"The queen can have her throne," she retorted, watching as Jordan closed the door from behind her. Charlie's footsteps were the only thing she heard as she walked through the hallway, which only made her raise her eyebrows in confusion; Oliver running from around another way.

"Gotta go, like, right now!" he panicked, pulling on her forearm; dragging her down the hallway.

"Why?" Charlie questioned, moving to match his speed; her other arm holding up her gun; his chocolate eyes met hers, before dashing towards the entrance.

"We've got a little trouble," he replied, pushing the door open with a grunt, Darren walking up from around the doorway.

"Those, things, that you got last night; there's more of them," Darren explained out of breath. His own eyes were wider than she's seen them before, and his hair was tousled in a stressed manner; his breathing irregular as he pulled her along. "They've gotten in through the roof," he added, picking up his gun from the sidewalk, and turning back towards the rest of them. "What are we going to do?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, the long wait is because I've had a SHIT LOAD of homework, and Family over.
I don't really care about not updating, I didn't really have anything to write anyways :/
Trying to add some sort of entertainment, or actually, some sort of sequence to this story;
so bear with me while I'm going.
I'll probably be able to update along break, but then again, I don't guarantee anything.
I kind of have a life too :/