Status: Active...as long as Tiffany and Bailey are good with updating :D

Desolate

Chapter Twenty- Two

Charlie continued to rub her temples, wanting to rid the stress that was bubbling through her skull; how could this John, so Jordan said, have...had...known my...Andrew. Pressing her forehead against the cold window, she fought to try to relieve her raging headache; her fever was still flaring up at times, making her hate this time even more. To her liking, her arm had been healing up nicely, something that was a good sign for her; everything else didn't seem to agree with things going smoothly. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Oliver turn the corner into the room she was in, before turning on his heel and walking away; instantly she bounded across the floor, and grabbed his shoulder sleeve.

"Please let me talk," she pleaded, watching him face the floor; his always so nice hair fall into his eyes. Ripping his arm out of her grip, she felt her stomach drop; what had she done? "Oliver!," nothing. "Oli?!" she continued, but he kept walking away. "You're such a jerk!" she hollered in defeat, angrily walking down the hallway; he had already disappeared. Rubbing a hand through her hair, she gingerly slid down the wall; placing her head in her arms, which were resting on her knees.

"Boyfriend troubles?" she looked up, Darren sitting directly in front of her, but on the opposite side of the hallway. Narrowing her eyes, she tried to block out the boy; to which he only pestered more, he was like a puppy. "Want me to talk to him I could-"

"No!" she had threw her head back up so suddenly, she could tell she probably pulled a muscle in her neck; she was too clumsy sometimes. "No...I'll...do it," she sighed, thinking how wonderfully that had turned out five minutes ago! Collecting herself once more, she moved to stand up; she needed to go check on Jordan. Darren didn't say anything as she left him in the hallway, leaving to move up into where she had seen Jordan previously; a suddenly annoying figure appeared in front of the door she wanted to enter. Austin stood in front of Jordan's door, talking through the wood; to which the replies were shouts of anger.

"Come one, you know I'm better than Za-" tapping on his shoulder, made him turn around; his eyes widening in slight fear, but if he knew any better it SHOULD be fear. Smiling, Charlie pushed him out of the way, unfortunately he dodged the stairs behind him; knocking on the door, she could hear Jordan crying.

"Go away you fucking douche bag!" Jordan screamed loudly, making Charlie cross her arms with a smirk; it was like the first couple days they met, good times...good times.

"Hey slut, open the door!" Charlie retorted, hearing Jordan's crying cease to a sniffle; the lock clicking as she peeked it open. "It's okay, I won't let him-" A sudden pressure pushed her out of the way, Austin instantly flooding into the room; much to both of their dismay.

"Jordan! Come on, listen to me! I'm so much better than Zakk, you knew that. You're my fiancée for god sakes!" he forced her towards the wall in the room; Charlie scanned her eyes around the room. "You know that I treat you better then that scum bag, you know you need me. I'm that fucking much babe, you know it," rolling her eyes, Charlie picked something off the dresser beside her. The lamp smashed against the back of his head, and Charlie smirked as he collapsed onto the floor; there wasn't that much blood, much to her dislike.

"What the hell?!" Jordan exclaimed, she hadn't left her spot by the wall; Charlie pressed her fingers to the man's neck, feeling the blood rush past in a pulse. Jordan didn't seem that fazed most likely the outburst came from how sudden the movement how been; or the expensive lamp she used.

"He's alive, not that it matters," Charlie retired on the bed, watching as Jordan followed suit. "So what are you going to do? I know about you and Zakk; this little parasite likes to prey on happiness," she kicked the man's feet, causing a groan; Jordan's eyes glazed over as she fell silent.

"I need Zakk," she whispered, a smile formed on Charlie's lips as she pulled the girl off her feet. "I'll be back! Thanks for....that!" she threw a finger towards the blacked out body; making both of them laugh out in hysterics, I mean, do you see that often? It didn't help that Charlie was a good height difference between Austin; smaller and shorter than the man, making her look unchallenging. Sighing, she collapsed on her back trying to put her own predicament into context; she needed to find a way to show that she wanted Oliver, and that Andrew would forever remain just a memory.

"You ass," Charlie mumbled to herself, fighting the urge to call Oliver even more names; she didn't like being ignored. Especially when it came down to some outright no reason, well none that she could understand.

"Hey, they've made food," Alex poked her head in from around the corner; her eyes widening seeing the dead looking body on the floor. Sheepishly smiling, Charlie pushed herself off the bed and joined Alex as they made their way back to the basement cellar; honestly, she had absolutely no clue what was happening. Through the door, she could already hear arguing, Jordan's being the loudest; apparently her and Zakk were going to try and work this out. Slipping past unnoticed, her and Alex found everyone else patiently sitting around; some were eating, and some were half asleep. Avoiding Oliver's glance, Charlie decided she didn't want to play his games; if he had something to say, he'd have to tell it to her face.

"Here's some food," The John guy had handed her a plate, and she didn't hesitate in putting it straight to her mouth; it's only so often you get sit down and eat a warm, home cooked meal. Darren crawled over beside her and looking at her, sleep still evident in his eyes; not to be bad but...he looked actually really cute at the moment.

"I'm so tired of this," he circled his arms around, probably meaning the entire situation. "When this all blows over, what do you think is going to happen?" he inquired, and she shrugged my shoulders; she wasn't too hopeful lately, who knew if it'd even blow over! A hand on her arm brought her attention to the hideous face, narrowing her eyes; she fought as he tried to pull her off the ground.

"Such a bitch, you could of killed me!" Austin cussed more, and she smirked; kicking him where no man wants to be kicked...ever. He fell to the floor in a heap, groaning and whining, her triumphant grin was enough for everyone to go back to what they were doing; not that they cared about him in the first place.

"Are you okay?" she was pulled up by Oliver, to which she ripped her arm from his grips; she was stressed out and acting like a child was the only way she could react. His eyebrows raised as she crossed her arms, looking in a direction completely opposite of him; although her eyes would glance back every few seconds.

"Why do you care?" Without answering, he leaned in and placed his lips against hers; she shook her head and covered her mouth. "That wasn't an answer,"

"I'm sorry, Charlie, I really am. I've told you before, you and Andrew...it made me jealous," he stumbled over his words as he fought to explain himself. "We kind of would argue over you, and I thought that even now...that he was still the winner," he sighed, running a hand through his hair; he looked so insecure, and unsure, and Charlie just wanted to know. "I thought that you still love-" Closing the space between them, Charlie pushed her lips onto his; silencing him as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I love you, okay?" she explained, feeling the heat rise to her cheeks; she'd never been the one to admit her feelings so easily. Fighting off the urge to smile, Oliver crashed his lips back onto hers; they no longer thought about the world they were living in. Oliver mattered to her, and Charlie mattered to him. In this kind of world though ,that was hard to come by; it was also something dangerous to them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M UPDATING AGAIN?!
HUZZAH.