Status: Active...as long as Tiffany and Bailey are good with updating :D

Desolate

Chapter Twenty-Six

The room was filled with an awkward silence, because people were either diverting their eyes, brooding in the corner, or completely oblivious to the entire situation; dwindling in their own universe, where they didn't have to deal with this. Lately it was like the walls they had created together was beginning to collapse; each brick broken down one by one, until the whole thing falls. Pushing hair from her face, Alex gazed between the multiple expressions etched onto all of their faces; she was annoyed, not stressed because she wasn't exploding over this fact yet. Honestly, when she and others joined Charlie's group, it was like a safety zone; how are they supposed to feel safe when everyone either can't trust, or dislike one another.

"Are any of you hungry?" John's wife asked quietly, sensing the tense air in the room; no one replied, and her face was starting to fall.

"I'll take some food, thanks," Alex pushed herself off the wall, not wanting to let the woman lose face; being rude wasn't a part of her agenda.

"May I have some too?" Charlie hoisted herself off of the floor, followed by the grunt from Oliver as he moved over to the other side of the room; seeing as he stood on the wall closest to the food. Rolling her eyes, Charlie took a spot beside her friend and grabbed a plate as well. "What about you Jordan?" she inquired, glancing back as the girl shook her head; sighing, Charlie turned back to John's wife. "Thanks"

"No problem, it's nice to have people over," she retorted, brushing some hair away from her eyes; making Alex smile, she enjoyed people more than the rest of them.

"Even when they aren't the best company," Charlie bitterly commented, not hesitating to glance back around the group of people; who nearly shrugged in response, making her turn back to the food.

"Like you should be talking," a voice muttered, and Charlie ignored the interruption; placing a small amount of food onto her plate, seemingly losing her appetite. If she hadn't liked Oliver, she probably would have thrown him out by now; slowly but surely she was losing her cool, feeling it bubble up in warm intensity.

"I'm not the one provoking it," she mumbled more to herself than anyone, hearing a loud scoff from where Oliver sat; stabbing the food with more force than necessary, she glared up at him.

"Is there anything else, beside sneaking in snide comments, I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy maturity," Charlie snapped, glaring at him as he merely laughed in response ,"Have anything to actually say to my face?"

"Well isn't that what you're doing too? And I'm the immature one," he countered, brushing his hair away from his eyes. Even though the most she could do was be immature, she didn't have anything else to say to him; instead put down her plate in a complete loss of appetite.

"You don't see me being a jealous prick though, do you?" she replied, watching as Alex tried to move her away from the situation; the last thing they needed was another argument between everyone. Pushing her off, Charlie stormed over to Oliver and pressed an accusing finger to his chest; to which he smacked off with much anger. "If you weren't such a hot-headed, fucking insecure, and weak jerk, maybe you'd realize that I don't like anyone except for you!" Charlie barked, biting back the rest of what she wanted so badly to tell him; to let out her entire heart, even if it was just stomped on in the end.

"And if you are so tough, why couldn't you even keep a sneaky rat from touching you, huh. Couldn't even push a 140 pound man off of you? hmm?!" Oliver retorted, much louder than he needed to; Darren narrowing his eyes from his seat. Zakk had moved over to try and separate the two hot headed, in need of anger management, idiots.

"I'm tougher than you think, I don't need help!" she replied through gritted teeth; only the tough survive, if she hadn't been tough then why was she still alive?

"Is that why Andrew's gone, is that why you couldn't raise a gun when it really mattered, to even save your brothers! If you're so tough then why did you let them die?" His eyes widened before he realized what he said; a fist connected to his face, and he stumbled back to the wall.

"Jordan, can I borrow you for a while?" Charlie muttered, anger was nearly exploding from her; Jordan raising her eyebrows in confusion. Raising her hands, she tried to keep herself away from this; what happens if Charlie needed to burn off some steam, although killing someone might not be the answer. Charlie marched over and grabbed her by the arm, pulling her out of the room and out to the street; nearly throwing her in the van as she pulled the keys from Jordan's pockets.

"Wait, where are we going?" Jordan panicked, watching everyone run from within the building, Zakk's face widened as he ran over to the van. "Are you fucking insane, why'd you have to go and do that? More stress is not what we need!" Jordan lectured, watching as Charlie put the keys into the ignition, and drove off before Zakk could reach the van.

"I just needed the keys, if you want to leave, by all means jump out," Charlie growled, making Jordan cross her arms. Charlie didn't go far, maybe a couple of blocks before she pulled over and turned off the car. "I wasn't going to leave everyone," she clarified leaning back into the seat; rubbing a tired hand over her face.

"Would have surprised me," Jordan retorted exhaustingly, because she didn't have the time to deal with this. She was stressed beyond belief and didn't have the time to be dancing through other people's problems.

"Hurrrr," Charlie replied sarcastically, putting her arm over eyes; trying to relax herself, she was too riled up for her own good.

"I'm going back," Jordan sighed, pushing open the door of the van; hopping out quickly in case Charlie tried to stop her. "Don't wreck the van," she warned Charlie, as Charlie flipped her off without much energy.

"Fuck you it's my van," she merely replied as Jordan shut the door, pulling a gun from the truck before quickly making her way back to her brother's house. This part of town was oddly sterile, but it didn't change the fact that you have to constantly be on the lookout for zombies, or other creepy ass things.

"Fucking Charlie," Jordan sighed, pulling her gun tighter in her hands; why was everything falling apart when they built it so tough? Roaring of an engine made her look back as Charlie's van swerved in front of her; scaring the shit out of her more than it really should have.

"Hurry get in," Charlie was smirking, meaning she had something in mind that she wanted to get off her chest. Charlie was going to man up, but not that she wanted to, but she was going to prove to Oliver that she didn't need people's help or criticism; especially not his.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M IN A HURRY BUT HERE'S MY UPDATE
HURR DUUR