Status: Active...as long as Tiffany and Bailey are good with updating :D

Desolate

Chapter Twenty - Eight

Crossing her arms, Charlie easily snuck out to the back yard, seeing as the day was so quiet; and inside was so tense and aggravating. Too bad hypocrisy was beginning to take part, so Jordan can play off the 'accident' when she was too slow to help Charlie; but Charlie makes a mistake, and all hell broke loose? She was angry, that's for sure and certainly she didn't care if anyone in there believed her or not; she knew what happened, no one else had the right to tell her.

"Why'd you push Jordan?" Zakk appeared, he had angry written all over his face. Narrowing her eyes, Charlie threw him the cold shoulder; she didn't want to talk to him, because of how he is. Zakk is stubborn, and the only answer he will take is what he's accusing you for.

"I did push her, if that's what you're asking," his eyes widened, and he went to say something but Charlie cut him off. "Intentionally down the stairs, no," she finished and picked at the weeds growing between the cracks in the ground; hearing him pace behind her, see, he didn't like the answer.

"How do you do it on accident?" he inquired, running a hand through her hair; and Charlie grunted in annoyance.

"The stupid pissy bitch, felt the need to whine about the world; sorry but everyone including her has problems. She doesn't know how to keep her anger in, she needs to calm the fuck down. Idiot shoved me, I shoved back; her clumsy ass fell down the stairs," Charlie summed up, waving her hand in a 'shooing' motion to him.

"Oh so it's her fault? Why are you not taking responsibility?!"

"Oh so she's allowed to pull all these fucking mistakes, but as soon as I do, I'm public enemy number one?" Charlie laughed, pulling some hair out of her eyes. "Do you honestly think that when she pushed me, I was staring at the ground to see if she had a couple of stairs behind her? Do I fucking have to know everything to make your fucking ass happy?" she replied, she wasn't yelling, like most people assume she would be; she was always relatively calm whenever she argued with someone. Zakk gave up and went back into the room, leaving Charlie to sit back where she was; silently cursing people.

"She says she pushed back, because you did first," Zakk sighed, taking a seat in the room where Jordan and the rest stayed; her laying down on the couch, and groaning slightly.

"She didn't have to push me down the stairs," Jordan grimaced, turning her head in one of those stubborn and snobbish ways.

"She didn't know the stairs were there," Oliver spoke up, having been there for a portion of it. "I don't think she was all to specific on the details of the house," he commented and crossed his arms, nodding his head in acceptation of what he was saying.

"She still could of done something other than pushing," Jordan retorted, and started to sit up a bit; narrowing her eyes at Oliver, who shrugged his shoulders in response. "Maybe if she wasn't immature she wouldn't have done that in the first place, but she's so known for immaturity. Pulling hair would be easier, so she wouldn't have to push me."

"And neither could you," Alex spoke up, crossing her arms; Alex was never one to let someone bad talk her friends. "You're a fucking hypocrite. If you could control some of that anger of yours, maybe you'd get somewhere. We all have struggles, and we're all scared of the world we live in. You're part of it too, so stop acting like you're the only one who's in pain. You made mistakes too, but Charlie's not allowed to?" Alex spat out with much venom, causing everyone to silence as she grunted. "Charlie's got some ideas on her own, she doesn't want to stick with someone who's too conceited to focus on the real importance of this time. Her reason for switching places is so we don't become too attached to it,"

"Your brother's here," Charlie spoke up, sighing as she hit her boots against the cement out back; trying to get rid of the dirt before she came in. "I know you don't want to leave, but you can't become attached to things out here, I've learnt that to; if you don't want to leave. By all means stay here with them," Charlie motioned towards John and Paige. "Maybe it'll bring down the complaints," she sighed before walking over to Oliver who looked confused; reaching down into his pockets, she pulled out the keys; Jordan scoffing in turn. "Oh, and I only went to your room to ask if you wanted food, and I stopped to wait until you were done talking; that's when I heard your bitching," she smiled, and started her way to the door.

"Where are you going again?" Jordan asked impatiently, obviously aggravated, not that Charlie cared. "Running whenever something gets difficult," she snarled, pushing herself off the couch.

"You know I tried a lot to keep this group together, and it fell apart when you came. I don't like it when what I had going was disturbed by some wedge of incompetence. I'm not running, I figure the best thing to do," she trailed off before opening the door. "Is get away from that wedge. I'll just be going out for a while, I hope you all stay the same; I hope one of you grows up," Charlie shut the door, and made her way to the van; shoving the key into the ignition and pulling out of the driveway. She had the guns from her house, the van, but she needed food; deciding to stop at some stores, to see if she could scavenge any time of good food. Glancing around the room, it was zombie free, and she looked around the shelves; all food had been eaten, minus an unopened package of Oreos. "Of course," she whispered in amusement. A noise from the back room got her attention and she scurried to the back silently to see what it was; peeking through the door she was struck in silence. There was a large horde all inside, they weren't doing anything but grunting; not the kind of grunt that could be taken as typical zombies. To be honest, it was almost like they could be communicating; it was amazing, but at the same time, this was the biggest horde she'd ever seen. No wonder there were no zombies stalking around outside; silently sneaking out, she climbed in the van and headed back towards the rest of them; if they listened to her, maybe they'd be ready for what may come ahead. This is why you can't have attachments, if this horde comes, you can't focus on the people you love, when surrounded by a horde.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry to say that I'm almost tempted to stop writing. But not yet.
I don't like it when all I hear is "scoff" "rolling eyes" coming from my Character Charlie.
I'd hoped that maybe after Twenty Six chapters, that Charlie's characteristics where
easily known; but all these odd tendencies keep popping up when I'm not writing.
The story is taking crazy turns, and the drama is almost ridiculous. I'd like to get back to the
zombies now.