Status: Active...as long as Tiffany and Bailey are good with updating :D

Desolate

Chapter Thirty

Charlie stalked around the room, trying to find what was left of the small convenience store; Darren stood in the far back, shifting through things quietly. Jordan and Zakk were whispering to each other while looking through boxes, while Oliver absentmindedly knocked down a shelf.

"Shit sorry," he whispered, Charlie sighed and bent over; helping him pick up the fallen items. They didn't speak and Charlie was beginning to feel saddened.

"Wait, I'm sorry too," he looked up with confusion in his eyes; his hair falling into his eyes. "Can we just start over, the thing with Darren wasn't my fault, but the fighting has been," she mumbled as she lifted the last item into the box.

"I'm...still sorry about what I said about your brothers," he quietly added when he stood up, shoving the box back where it had been. "I'm willing to start over," he reckoned, sticking out his hand to shake; her eyebrow raised as she looked at it with confusion, deciding to shake it anyways.

"Hey guys, we should probably go I thi-" Darren's voice was cut off by a noise, but it wasn't one they could put their finger on. "I'll go check it out-" Charlie shook her head as they slowly inched towards the glass windows; nothing visible to see.

"Jordan, Zakk, why don't you go check the back with the van; us three will go to the front and see what that was," Oliver muttered, as everyone went in their directions. Charlie pulled the gun off her shoulder as they made their way outside, the dark clouds over head looming in their vision; the noise sounded again, and Darren looked between Charlie and Oliver. To the left of them, they spotted a typical infected, limping around, and groaning to his rotted hearts content; his attention brought to them as he sprinted in their direction. Raising his gun, Darren shot the bullet through it's eye socket; it's body ceasing movement as it fell to the floor. Darren smiled at them in praise, until the noise sounded again and the familiar noise of running made it's way to their ears.

"What the fuck" Charlie stated more than asked as a horde of zombies all appeared from the same direction the first had. They were sprinting with ear piercing screams nearly smacking them in the face, Charlie started to smile; whatever they were dealing with, made things more fun. Darren and Oliver looked around finding a metal fence that led to the back of the building; where Jordan and Zakk awaited.

"Shit this way," Oliver voiced, watching as Charlie and Darren looked and ran over to that direction; Charlie turning slightly, and shooting at the front of the infected horde. Despite some of them missing legs, or rotting beyond belief, they were still fast creatures; barely behind them as they made it to the fence. Looping her fingers into the metal fence, Charlie hoisted herself above the ground; quickly pulling herself up towards the top of the fence. The infected had reached the fence and were clawing at the bottom of their feet; to which the kicked them in the face with their steel toed boots. Jumping over to the other side, Darren, Oliver and Charlie all looked between each other in triumph; their smiles only widening noticing the infected started to climb the fence as well.

"Where do you think they are?" Zakk sighed, kicking the floor while Jordan sat in the back of the van; the door opened as she dangled her feet off the edge. "Did they get attacked?" he suggested, and picked up his gun; eying the other side of the building.

"I doubt it," Jordan merely replied, and fingered the floor of the vehicle; their eyes turned towards the building as noise started to erupt from it's side. "What'd they do?" Jordan inquired as she tilted her head, seeing the three of them run from around the corner; smiles dancing on their faces with laughter from their throats.

"Start the van!" Charlie laughed, and Jordan raised an eyebrow; she even smiled when a giant horde of infected raced around the corner as well. Jumping onto her knees, Jordan climbed through the van to the front seat; Zakk jumping into the passenger as she shoved the key into the ignition. Darren reached the van first as he jumped through the open van doors, Oliver and Charlie jumping soon after. Raising her gun, Charlie shot at the horde, watching some of them fall to the floor; tripping others in her way.

"We didn't find supplies, but we sure as hell found some interesting fun," Darren breathed as Oliver closed the van doors. When situations turn to this, running from hordes actually became fun almost like a sport; one that's dangerous, but fun none the less.

"Let's get the fuck out of here," Charlie spoke in agreement to everyone's faces as she sat in the back seat, kicking one of her legs over the other.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know how often I'll be doing this, this story hasn't been going in the direction I've hoped for.
Maybe Bailey and I will sit down and explain it to each other fully, because we seem to be contradicting each others story directions.
If not, then I don't know how far this will go.
Sincerely, Tiffany.
By the way, I'm thinking about starting a new one by myself, what do you think? It will be way more complex than this, and feature way more zombie action.