Status: Active...as long as Tiffany and Bailey are good with updating :D

Desolate

Chapter Thirty - Two

"So how did this happen?" Alex questioned, staring at the pregnancy pamphlet in her hand; the three girls were all sitting around the bathroom.

"I'm not explaining reproduction to you," Charlie managed to laugh to herself, turning to look at Jordan as Alex rolled her eyes. "I believe she meant, 'when' did this happen," She continued with a small chuckle.

"I don't even know if I am," Jordan crossed her arms in defiance, pushing some hair over her shoulder. Alex held up a pregnancy test and raised an eyebrow.

"It's never too late to find out," Alex spoke in a sing song voice; making Jordan raise her own eyebrows, contemplating the action.

"What is it girls night or something? Don't they know that there's still a chance of the horde finding us?" Darren spoke quietly, where the boys sat in one of the aisles; supplies littered on the floor around them.

"As long as we don't turn on the front lights, they should pass right by," Oliver replied, glancing through the dark; Zakk shaking his head with his hands in his hair. "What's it like being a baby daddy?" he joked, trying to lighten the mood, but it didn't work to well.

"I'm not in distraught over the idea of kids, but...look where we are," Zakk started looking around the Rite Aid in distaste. "We're hiding from flesh eating monsters in a fucking Rite Aid!" He hissed, pulling a strand of his dark hair from his eyes.

"If she is pregnant, I'm afraid we'll just do what we can," Oliver patted Zakk's shoulder; giving him a reassuring smile, even though he wasn't sure he could see him. Meanwhile, Charlie and Alex picked at their outfits and guns; trying to pass the time.

"Guys, I'm-" a knock interrupted Jordan as she emerged from the bathroom. Charlie glanced at Jordan before opening the door; seeing Darren behind it.

"We've caught sight of the horde," he explained, handing Charlie her gun, "They're quite far back, but they'll be here soon if we don't hurry," he continued as the girls filed out of the room. Alex patted Jordan's shoulder as they snuck out the back of the rite aid; one small arm full of supplies.

"You guys ready?" Charlie inquired as she hopped into the driver's seat, letting the baby momma sit in the back of the van; safely hooked in the seat belts, seeing as Charlie's driver's seatbelts had been removed. She knew it didn't make a lot of sense, but for some reason she had come home one day, and Andrew had already rid of them.

"Where are we going now?" Darren asked as Oliver climbed into the passenger's seat, while he himself sat behind Charlie. He managed to ignore the death glare from Oliver, seeing as Oliver hadn't just forgiven him yet, but turned to listen to Charlie.

"Well I didn't want to jump into things, but I heard a radio transmission not too long ago, and I thought we might as well check it out," she muttered, pulling away from the Rite Aid and driving down the street; the sight of the horde way behind them by now.

"Are you serious, that's big news!" Alex exclaimed, leaning up in her seat. "Why didn't you tell us?!" Her voice was shrill, and it was almost loud enough to cause Charlie to wince.

"I didn't know if a radio tower was just stuck playing music or something" Charlie explained, turning right, knowing where the radio tower had been.

"What did it say?" Zakk inquired as well, his arm around Jordan as she nearly passed out in sleep in the back seat.

"It was hazy, too much static, but a transmission none the less," Charlie remarked, pulling down another street. "I figure if it's nothing, we can just continue on our way anyways," she shrugged, rolling up the window as the wind started to pick up.

"Why waste the gas?" Darren suggested with a bit of confusion laced in his tone, "Wouldn't we be wasting our time if there's no one there?"

"What if someone was there? Wouldn't they be wasting their time in a barren city where the surviving don't have the heart to at least check?" Charlie shot back, and slowed the speed of the van. "It won't hurt much anyways, we're heading in that direction," She finished with a sigh, looking back into the mirror. Her mind was wandering to what was up with Jordan, if she was pregnant, or just succumbing to the stress; either way they'd have to deal with her, even if it meant slowing their pace a bit.

"You know," Oliver started looking at the window, the weather was still looming in a haze of clouds of gray; leaving the desolate city in a gloom, "I really hope that there's someone there," he sighed, intertwining his fingers with Charlie's. Things seem to be in some sort of track for now, but they didn't know how long that will last; balancing the hope of survivors, or the anxiety of the possibility of Jordan's might-be-baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a quick/short update (: