Status: Active...as long as Tiffany and Bailey are good with updating :D

Desolate

Chapter Thirtry - Four

"I...blame you for this," Charlie muttered, pointing her finger toward Zakk; his face still stunned as he stared out into space. "Wait a minute, when did you even have time for this?" she asked genuinely wondering the answer.

"You know...a while ago? Hey I didn't exactly know about this earlier," Jordan defended herself, and Charlie bit the urge to laugh; she had an odd sense of humor.

"You did watch movies right, how the hell are you going to pull of surviving and this?" Oliver cut in, amusement in his own eyes; something was finally happening that was interesting.

"This isn't a fucking movie," Zakk broke in, breaking his record holding silence. "This is real, and we're...and..." he was so lost for words, he was digging his hands through his hair. "What are we going to do?" he finished, looking up at the rest of them; his eyes flashing to everyone's, but steadily avoiding Jordan's.

"We're sure as hell aren't sending you out there by yourself," Charlie muttered rubbing a hand through her hair and glancing at the shelves around the store. Jordan raised her eyebrows and Charlie grinned sheepishly, "There was always another options, but that was one of them," she explained.

"That's fucking swell," she rolled her eyes and sat on the floor in between them; they were all standing around loosely. "Throw me out while you can,"

"You know it wasn't like that," Charlie murmured with a sigh; you know how women get.

"Well I'll go look for...stuff," Darren mumbled and Alex quickly followed; the situation becoming awkward fast.

"Jordan," Zakk mumbled, catching her attention easily. She had been worried about his reaction, because it didn't seem so promising a while back. He didn't form any other words but he looked up and brushed his messy hair from his face; he didn't avoid eye contact, and they said everything he couldn't.

"How did this turn so fucked up?" Jordan forced the words as small tears started to form at the corner of her eyes. She wanted to continue, and do it, but if it had been any other time she'd be excessively happy about this; now was not the right time, she wanted to cry and scream.

" We should leave them alone," Charlie declared, pulling on Oliver's arm sleeve; leading him away from the more private matter. Following along the back freezers Charlie stopped and leaned against the wall, sliding down until she was sitting down.

"Scoot up," he ordered, and he slid in behind her when she followed directions; wrapping his arms around her shoulders. "I'm glad it isn't us, not that I wouldn't ever want what they have, but..." he trailed off as he covered a laugh from emerging from his throat; failing miserably.

"Oh god, it'd be so bad right now. Blood bath for sure," Charlie finished for him, leaning more comfortably into him; thanking the lord that their problems had left, it was modern day torture.

"We can't leave her," Oliver mumbled, "You're a woman too, can't you two figure something out," he groaned and nuzzled into her neck.

"Ew you stink!" she shrieked and pushed him away playfully, "1) Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I know what to do 2) You're a man figure something out," she retaliated and pulled her knees up to her legs.

"Fine. When we get to the radio station, and they're there...what are we going to do," he changed the subject; everything was either the radio station or Jordan.

"OF course you know what I'm going to do. I'm going to get them the fuck out of here, and out of this god damn state," Charlie groaned, running a hand through her hair.

"If only this state was infected, why hasn't the rest of the world helped us?" Oliver looked up with small tears in his eyes; realization hit him like a wave of fire. Charlie snapped up and her eyes locked with his, if it was only our state....why wasn't anyone interfering and saving us?
"Maybe...it's national. Or global!" Charlie covered her mouth and bit the tears back. What hope would they have of going back to how everything was if everything was ruined. "You'd think my family over in the other side of the country would call if they knew...and...and...the government would come and rescue us," Charlie was trying not to hyperventilate, but her walls were slowly crumbling. They had so much shit on their hands, a woman who may be pregnant, six humans who are just trying to make it; possibly the whole world is collapsing, and there might be no way they can ever go back to normal life.

"Calm down," Oliver regretted bringing it up, Charlie had terrible anxiety, but luckily nothing had been so startling to cause it; except for when the infection first started, and now. "I don't know what I was thinking, I lied, I bet the whole world is trying to figure out what to do," He tried to soothe her growing anxiety attack; he tried, and it only worked for a small percent. He pulled her into his arms and ran rough hands through her hair, her grip tightening onto his shirt.

"I don't want to live like this forever Oliver," Charlie sighed, and calmed herself; her erratic heartbeat slowing down as well. "Don't you want to go back to how things used to be, but this time I'd have you," she continued, and closed her eyes to continue to calm herself. He could feel the heat rush to his cheeks, he was in his twenty's and he still managed to blush; mentally punishing himself, he smiled down at Charlie.

"Uh guys, you should probably hear this," Alex appeared and motioned towards the van outside. Jumping up, everyone rushed outside quietly and hopped into the van; Charlie and Oliver jumping into the drivers and passenger seat.

"Turn on the radio," Darren directed, a large smile on his face. Charlie looked at him and hesitantly turned on the radio; a flood of relief reaching everyone.

"HELLO? Is there anyone out there please...we need help!"
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG GUESS WHO MOTHER FUCKING UPDATED.
Sorry guys I had absolutely no motivation and wasn't exactly top notch for a while.
Wasn't really feeling like doing things you know :/
But I've been relatively happy lately so I felt like updating.
Took long enough lol
Bailey will be happy though >:{D