Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Caught

I rushed through the house I broke into, panicking as I searched for food. Any moment I knew the bloodsuckers would pick up my scent and kill me like they did the family that lived here. I had to find food for mom and dad quickly before I got caught by them. I bolted for the door realizing it was hopeless to search here. I threw the door open and quickly made haste down the street.

Today of all days was windy as I rushed through fearsome black of night to go back to my mother, father and I's hideout, where we stay undetected and also starving. We knew it was a risk, but we all felt repelled about being killed by vampires and also giving them the satisfaction of them drinking our blood in victory even if we fought with them.

My heart was aching as I ran faster and my legs were going to buckle and moment. I had to energy left and I was using what will I had left to run. My lungs struggled to lift the hot iron in my chest and I just couldn't breathe anymore. I stopped myself and leaned over to rest my hands on my knees. I wanted to cry in pain as every breath sent jolts of pain into my body. I wanted to cry for my mother and my father. I wanted to cry for humans, but I would never cry for myself. It would be selfish.

The dark street suddenly started to become a bit brighter, then brighter, then even more brighter. MY shadow was cast on the road and I snapped my head back to see a pitch black van rolling up behind me. I didn't waste any time and leaped forward for a running start and dashed by down the now lit up street. I heard the van speed up and I knew it truly was vampires. I couldn't get caught and let mom and dad fend for themselves. They already gave up so, so, so much for me that they are too weak to even stand. They can't get their own food.

One of four things would happen this instant and I knew it : 1. They would run me over with the van, 2. They will jump out and catch me then drink my blood, 3. They will catch me and take me to the castle where we would be fed to the royal family, or 4. I would somehow get away with some sort of miracle.

How I prayed for number four...

But there was no such thing as luck or god.

My poor aching legs exceeded there limit and buckled. I fell to the hard pavement and landed flat on my face. I hear that disgusting crack sound come from somewhere in my body, but I was already in too much pain to care. I knew nothing and nobody was on my side as the van parked beside me. I heard a few snickers and laughs. I continued to lay there until one of them picked me up roughly by the arm and dragged me into the van.

At least, very least, I would get to live a little bit longer and soon join my mother and father in heaven after they soon pass away.

My head was spinning as I lay motionless on the van floor. The van quickly started and turn around to head towards the castle. My body ached even more from lying still. So badly I wanted to tell mom and dad once more that I loved them with all my heart and that I was sorry I failed them.