Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Blood Relatives

The Dining Hall. Neat, spacious, colorful, and full of people... or vampires.

I've never seen so many people in one spot before. A whole whack of people with mixed colors were siting at the long wooden table crammed with food that no human should eat. Candles stood on the table and another chandelier hung from the ceiling. Everybody turned there head to look at me as soon as I walked in with Day who was smiling as brightly as ever.

She took my hand and walked me to the other end of the table where a two dark-orange haired people with as white as skin as Day sat. She bowed to them and they bowed their heads. They also looked fairly young.

"Mother, Father, I'd like you to meet Clorori. She is the human I have been taking care of for the past week after her and Conneticut's accident." She says fondly to them.

They both stare at me smiling. One was a male, dressed in a black tuxedo with an orange tie and he also had orange eyes, and the other was a female, who wore a beautiful long orange dress and also had bright orange eyes like Day.

"It is lovely to meet you Clorori. I am Queen Twilight of Tyme" The woman says extending her hand. I shake her cool hand and look at the male.

"I am King Sunny of Tyme. My real names Sunlight but our parents have always called me Sunny." He says

"Cool names. What do you mean OUR parents?" I ask confused.

Twilight smiles. "We are brother and sister. That's right you are just a human so you wouldn't know. Ever vampire family are enemies to other vampire families. Sometimes families will be in alliance with others, but often we vampires fight in wars. It's technically a dog-eat-dog world for us. Because of this, it's almost impossible for us to reproduce with others of our kind so families often inter-marry" She says smiling.

"Inter-marry? You mean marry a family member?" I ask.

"Well, not everyone can marry someone in there family. Only brother's and sister's or even cousins. Usually we stick with our soul mates so its not often that a son marries his mother" She explains.

That's right. I read this somewhere a long time ago.
Often people will inter-marry to keep up the family business or keep up the bloodline. Usually only sisters and brothers, sons and mothers, or cousins and such can marry, but never daughters and fathers. It said that the babies will turn out retarded if its daughter and father. I was a bit disgusted when I read that book, but I never actually thought I'd meet people who do that.

"So, every vampire family does that?" I ask. So, Conneticut's parents could be blood related to each other.

"Well, a few people from every family do. There are rare cases when humans coexist with a vampires. It doesn't happen that often, especially if you are disgusted by humans like the Harins family here. It can also be bad for the family and they may exclude or even kill the vampire who has fallen for a human. A few people in our family are with humans, but we all love humans." Twilight says. Sunny hugs her side and she smiles wider.

They must really be happy.

"Another problem with being in love with a human, is that you become scared of the time when they'll die so most of the time we beg humans to turn into a vampire by having them suck our blood. If that keeps happening, humans really will go extinct and we vampires will eventually too." Day says worriedly "That's why the Tyme family loves humans and look after them, particularly females. Without you, I guess we wouldn't be able to live either."

I don't get it, then why do vampires like Conneticut and his family continue to drink human blood as much as they do? Don't they realize that they are going to die without us too?

"I am afraid I don't understand. Why do vampires hunt humans and mistreat us if they know that. And how do we turn into vampires by drinking your blood? I just don't get it"