Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Breakfast

"Come on. Maybe you should eat first. We'll sit you down and fill you in later ok" Day says snatching my hand and she drags me to the kitchen.

Inside are a bunch of humans doing different things like sweeping or cooking.

"What do you like to eat. I know how to make pancakes and toast, that about all the human food I know how to make" She says skipping towards some cupboards.

"Why don't you just let the little human do it herself. No need to heed humans"

I swear my back just stiffened when I heard his voice. I started to panic and I didn't want to turn around.

No! I won't let him know i am scared! He wouldn't hurt me with his ex-fiancee here, would he?

I plucked up the courage and turned around to look at him standing in the threshold of the kitchen with his arms crossed.

"Go make your own food little human" He says waving his hand and I begin to walk towards Day who is staring sadly at Conneticut.

"Cut it out Conneticut. She just got out of the hospital because of you. Cut her some slack. You know I have no problem with humans" Day pleads with Conneticut.

"Well, Daylight, your in my house and I refuse to watch you lower yourself to this mere human. Its sickening" He says rather stuck up. "And it's not my fault she ended up in the hospital. Its all her fault. She broke my mirror over my head and of course I snapped"
"How could you say that. There is nothing wrong with humans." Day says to him still with a saddened face. She almost looks like she's about to rip in two herself.

They continue to stare at each other as I finish burning my breakfast. one of the few things I can't do is cook. It's always been impossible for me. You'd think by him telling me to make my own breakfast, that I would actually cook instead of burn.

"Please, just stop it. I have no problem" Day says starting to tear. Each tear that tricks down her cheek seems to glow.

"You heartless jerk. Now you made her cry." I say quickly shooting a glare at him then concentrating on the burning bacon in the pan.

He rolls his eyes and stares at Day who has glowing-tear filled eyes then lets out a low growl.
"Fine," He growls at Day "But don't you dare think I'm doing this for her. It's only for you" He says waving his hand and I suddenly stop poking at the bacon with a fork and Day's face clears up of her tears. Conneticut exits the kitchen before anyone could say anything.

Wiping her cheeks, Day walks over to me, grabbing the pan, then dumping the bacon in the garbage. "I'm sorry," She says sweetly, "About that. He just doesn't understand me and my sensitive side. He never did."

She got some new bacon from the fridge and I watched her cook it. Mainly I kept watching her face because it didn't smile at all, she was sad. Sad about something. She even showed sadness in her eyes and I wanted to know what was wrong with her.