Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

The Keeper, Ciara

CONNETICUTS POV

"How could anyone forget, even I remember those times 550 years ago..." I say softly. Everyone looks at me.

"It was a time when the Shaeles broke out into a war against all the families to the North. Cale believed that the North Government was using the Enigmatron for his own will. I remember siding with them, fighting. It was a bad idea though, Lacrosse used the Enigmatron against us and wiped out the entire North, humans and vampires, even he died. The Enigmatron was the only thing that wasn't destroyed. I remember being in the hospital for... years recovering. I was lucky to have survived. Only very few of us survived. Cale, myself, Raja of Shaeles, my father, my mother, very few of my brothers and sisters as well as Cale's brothers and sisters. Very few other families joined our alliance. Most of them fled, most of them stayed to take care of the injured. Even the humans fought with us, but in the end, all those humans died as well as the vampires. Since Lacrosse destroyed all his people, that left the Shaeles being the most powerful family now." I remember those memories just like they were yesterday, the fires, the yelling, the blood.
"That's why I must agree with Day, we cannot have another war with the Enigamtron involved"

"But this time we will not make that same mistake" The Head says.

"What makes you think that?" Day asks as she eyes him.

"Ciara, you can come out now." The Head says and suddenly someone walks from the doorway behind him, nothing but shadows at first, but as she stepped into the dim light, everyone gasped, including me.

"A human?!"

"What is a human doing with the Enigmatron?!"

"I Vote on a Repossession!"

"Silence all! It is better suited for a human to weld the Enigmatron because the Enigmatron has a heart for humans. It will easily protect her like it did when Cale attacked her. Since she is human, she will not be able to unlock its magical power and use it. All she has to do is protect it" The Head speaks up and everyone goes into a discussion among themselves.

I stares at her. She had long red hair and dark blue eyes. She had a bun on the side of her head and she stared nervously around the table of vampires. Her eyes suddenly landed on me and she smiled.

Ok... weird human.

"A Repossession! I think we should have a Repossession!" The one still shouts over the crowd. The Head slams his fist onto the ground. Everyone silences and stares at his glowing red eyes whose glaring at everybody.

"There will NOT be a repossession! That's final!" He yells and everyone settles down into their seats.

"Where will she stay?!"

"What about Cale?!"

"Silence and let us all think" The Head says and everyone remains silent as we all think. I couldn't think though, the human keeps staring at me. Surprisingly it didn't make me mad, I felt a bit embarrassed actually.

"Ciara will have to go with one of us." The Head says and everyone remains silent. No one wants a human whom they have to protect in there country, too much of a burden on lust for blood and pride.

"I know," The human named Ciara says from behind The Head "I want to go with Conneticut of Harins. The Enigmatron says he is strong" She says smiling. Everyone gasps and Day looks at me and smiles. The human skips over to me and throws her arms around my neck.

"Don't touch me human" I say swatting her hands off from around my neck.

"Are-Are you sure Ciara, I mean the Harins despise humans. I'd be best if you went with a peaceful group like Tyme or Weety." the Head suggests.

"No," Ciara says shaking her head smiling "I choose Conneticut"