Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Walking The Dog

Fresh air. Exactly what I needed.
Green brilliant grass. Stupid gloomy grey skies. Nice breeze, and a dog walk.

I never understood why Sparky needed a leash. I mean, this place is huge and its closed in so its not like he'd runaway or something.

Of course, there's the vampire part too. Maybe it'd go around attacking the other humans in the castle. Not that it mattered to me. I have often contemplate whether It would be better to die or not.
On one hand there's a tiny fear of dieing. You only get one life. And on the other hand, there is death. It would be better than starving or getting your blood sucked or being bitten by other vampires. Not that that's happened to me yet.

Still, I don't like the way Conneticut's brothers and sisters glare at me or stare at me with blood lust. Four holes in my neck is enough for me; they still hurt.

Sparky started circling in a tall patch of grass on the mini golf course. I looked away and let the fog do its business.
The only ones I liked in this castle were Day and Sparky. I hated everyone else. Conneticut and his siblings, Cale and Ciara. I don't know Raja, but I hate her too if she's related to Cale.
"Yap! Bark!" Sparky suddenly 'said' up to me and I glanced down at him. He hung his tongue out like he was proud and stared at me. He seemed to be smiling.

The longer I stared at him with his tongue flapping out of his mouth, the more I was cheered up. From some angles, this dog didn't look like a dog. It had the ears, and the tail. Its fur was a dog color, but there was always something about him that made me think it wasn't a dog. Of course I'd push it a side and say its because its a vampire, or maybe it was the name.

He stopped smiling and just looked up at me tilting his head. He was so adorable for a vicious looking dog. A thick short-fur, brown and black dog. Long pointy white teeth and a long tongue.

Nope, nothing special about this dog. Except that it's a vampire.

"Come on, lets go back in." I tell him. I turn to lead the way when I am jerked back by the dog. My arm practically got ripped out of its socket and it began to sting. I turned to face the dog standing on its fours at me.

"What was that for you stupid dog!" I snap at it rubbing my arm. Stupid god-damned mutt.

It leaped at me and I flew backwards to the ground and landed with a thump. It growled as it dug its paws into my shoulder and bared its teeth. It had nasty dog breath that seemed to come out of its mouth in a green fog. Yuck.

I stared wide-eyed at the dog on top of me. What was its problem all of a sudden. Maybe its because I called it stupid.

"OK dog. Sorry for calling you stupid!" I I yell at it. It closes its mouth and stares at me with its deep brown eyes.

Creepy. I feel like it's a human boy or something staring at me.

It raised its head and howled into the sky really loudly. The flapping of wings fanned out from the trees and the howl skipped in the breath casting farther into the sky.
He took a breath and howled again.

This is very strange behavior for this dog. Normally it would just cooperate. What did I say? Stupid? Dumb? I don't think I said that.

"Will you stop your howling!" I yell at it over its howl and try to push it off but its too heavy. Its black claws were digging into my shoulder and I'm sure blood was coming out.

Please don't bite me! Please!

Again, it inhaled and howled louder than before and it hit me that he could be calling someone or something. Maybe another dog? Conneticut? Someone?

Or maybe the dog is trying to get my attention.

As sudden as he started, he stopped and stared down at me. Its head seemed to inch closer to mine as in a 'go on' motion.

"Um." OK. It wants my attention. What happened before It started acting this way.

He took a pee.

"Uh. Are you sick?" I ask it. Boy I felt dumb talking to a dog. It shook its whole body in a no and howled again.

What the hell is its problem?!

"OK! Um! Are you sore?!" I yelled over its howl. It stopped, but only to inhale and howl even louder.

"Are you dieing?! Are you scared?! Am I worrying you?! Am I... just shut up you stupid dog?!" I yell at it and it stopped. What the hell.

It stared down at me intensely with its big, brown eyes that partially glowed red from the gloomy sky.
OK. Now what did I say.

"OK. Are you dieing?" I question it. It shakes its body and stares at me more. "Are you scared of something? Are you worried?"

It shook its body again.

"Well. That was all the questions I asked you." I say to it. He raises his head to the sky and howls again.

"OK OK STOP!" I yell at it. He stops again and stares at me. What did I say? Um. I told him to shut up.

"Shut up you stupid dog?" I ask. He howls to the sky again, but only for a short time. He stares back down at me.
OK, something in that sentence set him off.
"Shut up?" I ask

Shake.

"You?"

Shake.

"Stupid?"

Shake.

"Dog?"
He raises his head and barks at the sky.

"OK then. Its something about being a dog." I say to myself.
He suddenly shakes and tares even more intensely at me.

"Its something about not being a dog?" I ask it.

He barks in my face and I scrunch my nose at its horrible breath.

"Wait a god damned minute!" I snap at it. "How the hell can you understand me? Your a dog!"

It just shakes its head this time and lightens the pressure on my shoulder.

"Your not a dog?" I ask it. He suddenly licks my face and barks. Ew. Dog slobber all over my face.

But what does it mean he's not a dog?