Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Powers

"You must be one old werewolf you droopy eared and muzzled dog." I say to him. He rolls his eyes and I run my fingers along the crocodile skin on the cover. I think I actually took an interest in this book.

"What are you doing in here you human." A girls voice suddenly says making me jump in my seat and Sparky jumping down from the chair. I turn to look at the girl in the threshold of the library. She had short hot pink hair like Conneticut and pink eyes. I almost mistook her for Conneticut.

"Reading. What else is there to do in a library." I say to her. I slam the book closed and stand up from my seat. I walk past her and glare at her until I'm in the hallway with Sparky trailing behind me.

"hm. If you weren't Conneticut's I would have killed you for your disrespect you blood-sac" She threatens. I keep walking forward, pretending I didn't hear her.

"Where have you been?!" Conneticut snaps at me once I step into the room. Sparky walks in after me and sits beside me. I clutch the book I took from the library.

Conneticut looked down at Sparky and glared at him. Sparky whimpered and walked to his cage in a sad way. Should I bring up this fact? Can I really trust a dog? or a Werewolf? I don't know. Would if I tell Conneticut?

"If Sparky a werewolf?" I surprisingly ask Conneticut as he locks up Sparky's cage. He does a belly flop on the bed and looks at me.

"Maybe. Did the mutt tell you?" Conneticut asks me and I stare down at the blue crocodile skinned book.

"Yeah." I reply. "But is it true. I thought he was a vampire?" Now that I think of it. The book did say something about stopping the drinker of a vampires blood where they were.

"Give me the book." Conneticut orders stretching his hand out. Instead of handing it to him, I throw it at him but he catches it and plops it on his blanket. "Now I know its in here somewhere" He mumbles to himself, scanning through the introduction. He uses his finger and marks the spot he was looking for and looks at me. "Do you know how to read, little human?" He asks. I walk over and stare down at the spot he marked in the introduction.

"Whose blood stops the drinker where they are and casts them into eternal life?" I ask and read at the same time.

"Well duh. He turned into a vampire and drank my blood while he was a werewolf. He's lucky I kept him alive but he can be good company sometimes."

Oh. So its true then. Animals can become vampires.

I watch as he scans the book and sighs. I wonder what he's suddenly depressed about. ...Speaking of depressed... "Wheres Cale?" I ask him as he closes the book and runs his fingers down the crocodile skin.

"Watching Day. He is very anxious for her to wake up."

Hard to believe Cale has a nice side. He's just a stubborn old mule. But I guess he sort of sweet when it comes to Day.
"It must be kind of nice being Day." I suddenly ramble out loud. "Having Cale watching her. I don't really understand her behavior, I don't even understand him, but its cute the way you and Day say he follows her trying to get her back."

He rolled of the bed and walked toward the balcony, completely ignoring me. I stare at him as he stares into the gloomy sky and I decide to just go read my book.

I plopped down on the uncomfortable bed that Ciara vacants and flip on the dim lamp and open the book to page 1. As far as I could tell, it wasn't a very thick book. Maybe a hundred pages, but with me numbers and ages are hard to guess.

In big fancy cursive written letters stands the title "THE BEGINNING"

Sounds very interesting... next.
I flip to chapter two which was only a few pages away. There may not be very many pages, but the text is small print. Next in big cursive written letters is the title "THE WAR"

Boring...

Yeah, I know. I'm not a big reader.

The next chapter was titled "THE POWERS"

Ooh. Something that strikes my fancy. I scan down to the paragraph in small print and begin to read.

"Every pure blood vampire is privileged with one randomly selected power that fits there personality. No power is either good or evil, its the way the user uses it that determines so. These Special Gifts can be the same for more than one person. The most common Gifts are Mind Reading, Telekinetic and Telepathic powers, Hypnotize, and become invisible.

Mind Reading is thee most common power of all. Mind Reading is the ability to look into another person's mind and read there thoughts. Unless you are in a family with a Block mind, then the person whose thoughts are being read have no idea that someone knows what they are thinking. As stated, even more special families, or bloodlines, with abilities that are cast down through blood have these extra powers. Block is one of them. Block is the ability to block Mind Reader's from reading their thoughts and is useful since Block is considered their one power.

Telekinesis is the power to be able to move objects with your mind where being Telepathic is the ability to feel ones emotions. Often the person with Telepathic powers is also able to communicate to other people through thought. It is a lot like Reading Minds except you can only read the minds of those who respond to you. Telekinesis is perhaps the 2nd most common power. It enables you to pick up objects or people without using hands, but it is also a strain on the mind. The stronger your mind is, the heavier the things you can pick up. It is unknown if there is a power or a Bloodline Power that can prevent one from unwillingly being levitated.

Hypnotizing is a way of mind control. There are different kinds of Hypnotizing powers such as the ability to make ones prey fall asleep, or making one move against their will. The ability to make an enemy fall asleep is a very useful power since all they prey has to do is look the Hypnotizer in the eye. Most of the time, the ability to make one move against there will has been mistaken for Telekinesis, but one must understand that Telekinesis is levitation. There is a certain psychic power that enables people with Hypnotizing powers to hypnotize them.

Invisibility is most common in vampires who feel they are outcasts or feel they are invisible themselves. Invisibility is the ability to disappear, blending into the background of their surroundings. It is also useful for hunting prey that to not have a good sense of smell like a humans. Invisibility also ables quick getaway from enemies. The power of X-Ray vision are able to see through people with the power of invisibility.

There are many rare powers such as Premonitions, the ability to see the future, and Freeze, which consists of many types.

There are also Bloodline powers that are passed down through generations. It is a very common thing among pure blood families and even passes onto those who are not pure blood. Common ones are Detection, the ability to detect family members no matter where they are, Shape Shifting, transforming into a certain animal or state of being, and what is called the Shocking Touch, people with the ability to electrocute anything or anyone with one touch; they are often seen wearing gloves of non-electricutable material.

There are lots of ways to obtain powers. Though sometimes it is not particularly safe for a vampire to drink another vampires blood, if the drinker is strong enough in mind and body, they can obtain Bloodline powers from other vampires.

Werewolves have the ability of Mind Reading and can tell which vampire is safe to attack and which ones are not. Because of these powers in Pure blood vampires, it can be impossible for werewolves to totally wipe out the vampire race."