Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Throne

"I want to visit Day" I tell Conneticut, standing in the threshold of the balcony. He turns around and looks at me.

"No you can't. Cale doesn't want you seeing her. He says your mouth is too big and that if you cherish your life you won't go near him."

"Ooh I'm scared. I should probably protect Day from him. His threats are nothing, as if I care about my life." I say stubbornly.

"Will you knock it off, your depressing me. Its very annoying when you complain like that. Stop it."

"Maybe I don't want to stop because I mean it. I've hated my life for months now ever since my parents and I were forced to live where we did!" I snap at him "And besides. You have the problem, remember? Your also the one who stands out here and mopes all day when he has nothing else to do! So whats your problem?"

"You really want to know. It just so happens my birthday is in a few weeks," He starts turning around and resting his elbows on the railing.

"So what, mine is too."

"That means that I will have to take my fathers place since he has been king long enough. Which also means, I have to kill my father. I don't think I can do it." He says and I cringe. Kill his own father? How savage.

"Why do you have to kill your father? Can't you just take the thrown?" I question and he grins. The grin turns to a chuckle and then a short laugh as if something was funny.

"No I can't just take the throne. I have to be tested to see if I'm worthy of being King. My father killed his father and so I have to kill my father. The King is supposed to be the strongest person in the castle. If the castle were to be attacked by lets say werewolves, then I have to lead the army that defends the castle. Its all about the land. The bigger your land is, the more of the world you concur. Its all war and violence for us. I can't kill my own dad, but I know I will. MY dad has to battle me to on a fight to the death. If he so much as hits me, Ill just blank out and when I wake up he'll be dead, or maybe I'll be dead. That's why it scares me when you lash out or get physical."

Wait. So he's scared of me because he's scared of himself? This is awesome. I feel so powerful now. I couldn't help but grin at the thought and he looked at me with a raised eyebrow, wondering what I'm thinking. Wait! Back on topic.

"Well. Can't your dad just, erase that aw or whatever. So you don't have to. I mean, sooner or later wouldn't your kid have to kill you?"

"Exactly. I'm only planning on dieing or Staying King for 5 years, but if I do, I'll be thrown out of the family because I'd be worthless since I don't serve any purpose."

"Don't half the people in the castle not serve a purpose?" I ask. It's true, what about his other brothers and sisters? What do they do?

"Well yeah. They wait years and years if the thrown will be given them. My brothers and sisters, if they don't get the throne, they just become normal people around the castle. They will be forced to join in the army we have built up, or join one of our allies."

Now that's horrible. I think I feel a tiny bit of compassion for the guy. I mean, I can't picture me killing my dad. That's just to cruel.

"Back to the your scared of me thing," I start. "I hope you realize that that has upped my pride by a mile."

"Don't get too cocky. I'm not scared I'm gonna kill you, I'm scared that ill slaughter everyone I come in contact with if by some chance I don't wake up." He says smirking and I gulp.

"So... you seriously don't remember anything."

"Nope. But I know I did it because I have the smell of blood all over my teeth and my hands and everything. Its disgusting."