Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Trouble

My breath got caught in my throat as something invisible wrapped around my neck and squeezed. I went to grab for some invisible hand like people normally do but nothing was there; nothing was even touching my neck.

The Pendant hanging from the chain dangled in Ciara's hand; her lips played an amused smile.
I wanted to fall to the ground, but I was being held up. I wanted to scream but my throat was closed.

As quickly as it happened, my throat was released and my body fell to the ground and I anxiously gasped for breath. Ciara began to circle around me as I held my own throat. I glanced up at her from time to time to see if she was going to attack me or something, but all she did was circle; round and round and round.

That Pendant is the Enigamtron, but it doesn't make sense. Cale wants the Enigmatron doesn't he? Raja has Ciara under her control, so why don't they just take it themselves?

Or maybe they can't take it.

I quickly glanced around the room looking for a weapon besides a mirror. Maybe some sort of gun or knife or something sharp.

Wait! If Ciara was truly under a spell or being hypnotized, It wouldn't be fair to kill her.

"What's wrong little girl? Are you afraid to fight back?" Ciara says expressionless. "Are you too afraid to hurt me? If you do get in my way... I will kill you." She paused in front of me and stared down smiling. I let out another cough for breath. Her oddly cool hands grasped my chin tightly, making me look at her. "Your a weak girl. Your just a lonely, sad, scared little girl who survives off of others. Whose parents foolishly died trying to protect their precious daughter."

My hand scrunched into a ball and flew at her, hitting her square in the cheek and she collapsed to the ground. Sure a vampire was speaking in her place, but she still had a human body right?

I sat on her stomach as her legs flailed behind me, trying to wrap around my neck. "You think I'm weak. Raja, you are the coward. You manipulate people to do your bidding don't you?! How brave is that?!" I spat at Ciara and she smiled widely.

"Human, do you not understand. You've been here for a month. It's all about power, all about concerning the world. Humans will soon be extinct along with all half-breeds who are only excuses of being vampires."

A small incision on her cheek began to bleed and she closed her eyes and her smile faded. The door suddenly burst open and I spun quickly to look at the person standing in the doorway. Conneticut stared at me menacingly and I knew right away this was all to frame me. He let out and angry sigh and looked down at Ciara.

"Conneticut, no." I tried to explain shaking my head. "I swear. Ciara is not Ciara. Raja is controlling her and she's been tormenting me. You have to believe me. Cale and Raja were talking about taking over Harins. I swear."

He closed his eyes unbelieving and his hand curled into a ball. A sister and brother of his ran in holding hands and stared at me on top of a pretending-to-have-fainted Ciara. They both held there mouth's open and Conneticut turned to them. He sighed again. Another few people piled into the room and stared at me angrily.

Conneticut walked hastily towards me and in no time, grabbed me by my arm and lifted me off the ground. "Let me go!" I yelled at him, clawing his fingers as he dangled me in the air. I kicked him, I hit him, but he just dangled me. He proceeded towards the door. The people cleared a path for him and he took me into the hall. He dropped and dragged me along the hallway.

"Where are we going?! I demanded trying to catch a grip on the marble floor.

"I'm sorry, little human. You can't keep attacking Ciara. She is important to us. She is the Keeper of the Enigmatron and she must be protected not abused. You must meet my father and he'll decide your fate." Conneticut says plainly. I stare up at the back of his head. My fate? I'm not gonna die am I? I'm not ready to die.

I held my breath. With any luck, his father will be more understanding.

We entered Mr. Harins' large office. It was packed with books and piled papers. It had a large desk with many drawers and handles. The whole wall on the opposite side of the door was made of glass, and that is where Mr. Harins was standing with his hands behind his back. Conneticut rudely slid me across the floor until I was stopped by the carpet near the desk. He walked in and closed the door, bowing his head in some kind of shameful manor.

"I'm sorry father. I have been neglecting her punishments and she doesn't know any better. She has attacked Ciara again claiming that Ciara is under the influence of Raja whom has no scent about the castle." Conneticut holds his hands together in front of his stomach and plays with his thumbs nervously. "I am also unable to kill her. I am addicted to her blood for I have drank it several times and will go mad if she is sentenced to death."

That seemed to strike Conneticut's father because he turned around with an alarmed facial expression.
He eyed me for a moment. Surprisingly his eyes were not mad or annoyed. His short hot-pink hair and eyes resembled Conneticut. Conneticut's father didn't look very old. Maybe in his late 40's or early 50's. Fairly young for however old he is in vampire years.