Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Memories

41. MEMORIES

It was sweltering out. The hottest day ever. It also happened to be the 1st day of my 4th grade life at a new school and a new country. I was so excited. I always loved making new friends and meeting new people. My blue backpack slung behind my shoulders as I ecstatically walked to school. I was just a block away when a 7th grader I recognized from the park jumped out of the bushes along with his other 2 henchmen.

They snickered at me as they circled me. I was a bit confused at first because my mind was clouded by happiness, but it became clear to me that I was there new toy. One pushed me from behind taking my backpack and the boy I recognised from the park slapped me in the face. The one with my backpack emptied the contents of my backpack onto the sidewalk. I had a few toys and pencils and books which he smashed with his feet, snapped with his hands, and riped apart. "Your so stupid. Look at you in your stupid ugly pink dress. Coming from a new country thinking she's all that. Listen little girl, your in our country now and you will obey are every command." The boy-from-the-park instructed. The other henchman held my arms and the boy-from-the-park began to furious punch and hit me while snickering and laughing. With each 'Ow' or 'Stop it!' I let out, he'd only hit harder. I didn't know what I did to deserve it.

The crossing guard suddenly spotted us and ran towards us. The boys took off faster than light and left me on the ground bleeding. I face was sore and positively bruised and my toys and everything I wanted to share with my new friends were smashed to pieces. I wasn't crying though. The crossing guard helped me up and offered to walk me the rest of the way to school, but I refused. I absentmindedly picked up my backpack and left my broken things on the sidewalk. I mopped the rest of the way to school.

I didn't tell my mom even though they continued for weeks on end. They began to catch me after school too so I started taking different routes each day and once in a while, they'd pick the right one I was going to take.

I didn't like fighting people so I never fought back. Until one day a few months into school. My blood coursed through my veins and anger rippled through my heart and I slugged all three of them in the face very hard at the same time. The all rubbed there cheeks right after I hit them but I didn't stop. I punched them in the stomach and yelled bad words at them and kicked them on the ground. I jumped on there backpacks and smashed whatever smashed inside them. I jumped on the boy-from-the-park three times until he coughed up blood. I didn't want to stop, my blood raced through my heart and I felt happy to have done this to them.

The police suddenly rounded the corner and stopped in front of me and the half-dead boys.
A parent came racing out of a house towards us and began talking to the cops. I assumed she called the police. I kicked them while they were talking, so roughly that the cop had to drag me away from them.

I was too young to be charged but those boys never picked on my again. I felt the pleasure of brutally attacking an enemy and the feeling never left me.

I opened my eyes with that dream flashing before my eyes. Of course, how could I have forgotten about what changed me. I hadn't thought about it in years and this memory suddenly came back to me. The memory of the pleasure of having there blood soaked in my hands. The memory of those boys threatening me for weeks on end.

I understood why these memories came back now. It was because Conneticut brought up the subject of my past; of a thick guard around my heart. I suppose I owed it to the boys who beat me for making me who I was. For making me as tough as I was; for making me be unable to feel pain the way I would have if I wasn't a normal girl.

There was something I called it. Something I gave a name for.

"Your awake." Conneticut said tiredly staring at me with his intense red eyes. The pain from my back suddenly fled back to me and I squeezed my eyes tightly.

"It will probably hurt for a few days or longer. I know your tough, you can withstand it" He says. He closes his eyes for a mere moment and then looks back at me again. "You had a bad dream. You were talking in your sleep about boys; boys and bullying. Do you wanna talk about it?"

I stared at him. He was being so nice. I figured it was because I was being nice. "It was just a memory you brought up I hadn't thought of in a while." I explained. Despite the pain, I struggled to lift myself up and sit up which fed more pain to my back. Conneticut sat up too hovering his hands around me like I would fall or something.
"A memory. A painful one? He questioned. I swung my legs over the bed and leaned a bit which made my back feel a bit better.

"No," I replied. "just a good dream. A dream that reminded me why I am the way I am. Its just another one of those 'The bullied becomes the bullier' crap. You get it." He looked at me crookedly. I think he was contemplating on how that was good.

"It was good?" He asked answering my thought. I smiled, It truly was. "Yes," I replied still grinning with clenched teeth. "I didn't feel guilty when I beat those boys after I couldn't take it anymore. I beat them so hard and all I felt was my heart racing and my blood rushing. It felt so good. I found I was unable to feel pain the way a normal person would have grown up. I can take pain like, well, a man. Pain doesn't hurt when you've grown up with it.
That's my theory."

He took the blanket out from beneath him and wrapped it around my shoulders. My skin felt icky and itchy. I really needed to have a shower in the morning. My shirt didn't even stay on anymore since it was torn straight up my back. I steadily stood up peeled the shirt off which stuck to my skin with the dried up blood.
I wrapped the blanket around me like a towel and sat down. I didn't feel good, I think I have a fever.