Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Miscommunication

The suns like peaked over the top of the tree, lighting dawn. I was a bit surprised time had passed so fast. It seemed like we've only been talking for a few minutes that turned out to be hours. Conneticut seemed surprised himself as he watched the sunrise. I yawned contently. It had been so long since I felt peace within my soul. I didn't feel hatred or fear or pain or anything in this time of mere bliss. I guess I felt a bit drunk but that was impossible.

"Time went by surprisingly fast. I thought you would have passed out halfway through the night." Conneticut says amused as he stands up. He sniffs the air like a dog which makes me laugh to myself because of the way his nostrils flared. He stopped for a second and stared past the closed glass doors. He made a funny face and just stared.

"What's wrong?" I ask as he twists his head in weird directions like he was trying to hear something.

"It's a stupid question, but did you hear that?"

I tried to listen for something I but I didn't hear anything. "Nope. I hear nothing." I said to him. He made a thinking face.
"It may be weird but I swear I heard Day scream. It could have been my imagination." He says.

"Maybe she woke up and she saw Cale." I suggested. It was a major possibility. He looked at me and thought for a moment. "Your probably right. I'll go check on her." He says walking to the doors.

"Hey! Bring me! I wanna see Day!" I yell at him.

"Your not even dressed." He stated. "So," I rebelled. "Give me one of your shirts. I haven't seen Day in forever." He sighed and walked into his room and rummaged through his dresser. He took out a red shirt that didn't look like it fit him anymore and stuck it over my head while I got my arms through. He picked me up and swung me carefully onto his back and walked to the mini-hospital.

There were only a few people huddling in the doorway, peering into the hospital room and examining what was going on. Conneticut walked passed them and I spotted Day standing up and backing away from Cale who kept walking towards her.

"Just settle down Day. Don't be over dramatic. I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to talk. Just talk OK. Settle down." Cale says reassuringly to her but each little step he takes towards her, she takes a farther step back.

"What are you even doing here!" Day yelled at him. "Go away! I don't want to see you for the rest of my life!" He stopped walking but she kept moving back. He had a pained face I'd never seen before.

"You know it hurts me when you say that. Just listen to me and stop being so stubborn." Cale sternly says to her.

"Just leave her alone!" I snap at Cale making him look over at me. "She doesn't want to talk to you right now so leave her alone!" He glared at me and I suddenly flew off of Conneticut's back and landed on my back on the ground. My back burst back into pain and I was sure I was gonna screaming.

"Clorori!" Day yelled from inside the room. I laid there not bothering to get up. "Your horrible! How could you do that to her! You see why I won't talk to you?! Your too violent!" Day yelled at Cale.

"You never thought so before all this nonsense happened." Cale said to her. "You liked me just the way I was."

"I liked you the way you were before you killed my poor brothers and sister. That hurts you know, having people torn from your heart in a mere second. You promised you'd never hurt anybody and you broke it."

Cale began to laugh hysterically once she finished. Something amused him so much he had to laugh. "Can you just cut this out. Hypothetically, forget I killed your brothers and sister and tell me the real reason you refuse to come back. Don't say you'll disappoint your family, or your betray your dead siblings. Tell me the exact reason your being to stubborn. Wounds heal over time and you'll get over their deaths. Besides anything you can at least visit Jenny every once in a while even if its not to see me. Jenny misses you too you know, you were the cruel one who left her so don't make me out to be the bad guy."

Her breath got caught in her throat. She didn't know what to say. She didn't have any other reason besides the ones he stated. What could she say to her daughter? She didn't want her girl to grow up thinking her mother abandoned her.

"I don't want my family to get hurt again. My family is more important than you are. I grew up with them and I only met you. I have a closer bond with my family than you. And Jenny, well I don't know ok. She seems to be just fine without me. If you love her so much then stop bringing her around. Let her forget about me." Day said to him. She was crying but she wouldn't let her voice stutter.

"Of course I love Jenny and I want her to be happy. All parents want there kids to have a better life than they had. I grew up without a mother too remember? I know what it feels like. There are things you only want to talk to your mother about that you don't want to talk about with your father and it hurts when you keep it inside. "