Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Non-Existant Patience

I was getting annoyed and I'm sure Day was too. We sat side-by-side on Conneticut's bed watching him paced back and fourth in front of us. I tapped my finger impatiently on my knee and tapped faster the more he walked. Day just looked patient as she calmly watched him pace.

He was all worked up about this ball or something the day before he had to kill his father which was in 4 more days and he got tenser and tenser with each step. It's not like him pacing will do anything. It may just make time go by slower but It won't prevent the ball thing from coming.

"I mean isn't it a bit rude," Conneticut blurted out. "Having a dance before someone is going to get killed. It seems wrong to me, does it seem wrong to you? I think it's wrong and I don't like it because it's... wrong." OK. He was ticking me off. We have been sitting here for hours watching him pace. I was surprised Day didn't get up and leave. She just sat there looking so calm. "I mean come on it's a dance and a party. I'm too old to have a party. I stopped having parties like 900 years ago. Father says it will take my mind off the day after but I think it's just going to make me think about it more. What do you think?" He asks turning to us. We both just stare up at him. I know I was glaring but Day just innocently looked at him. "Ugh! Stop glaring at me!" Conneticut snapped at me out of annoyance and he resumed his pacing. "I mean there has to be decorations and guests and lights. I pray to who ever that I don't have to give a speech. I hate being the centre of attention." I snorted. He was being the centre of attention right now and he didn't care in the least.

I knew what was on Day's mind as he paced. Cale left a short while ago to do something in Shaeles and said he would be back soon. I could just picture it. Cale walking through the door and Day jumping at him saying, "Thank god you saved me he's driving me crazy." If she doesn't I will because I'll do anything to get out of this. Believe me, no one in this castle has seen what I'd do if I was desperate.

Conneticut snapped his fingers and turned to me. "You. I need you to stay calm. You stay calm I'll be calm and it will work out." He paced again and I peered at Day who looked at me with annoyed eyes.

He snapped his fingers again and turned to me. "You. I need you," He said pointing to Day. "to take you," He said pointing to me. Gee, not big on grammar is he? "to get a dress because I'm not going alone and I'm not taking any of my sisters. So get some dress and wear it." Gee. That's about all you can do with a dress. "And then you will sit down and be calm and I will too. OK? OK."

If I didn't know any better, I'd think he was hyperventilating. Now that I think of it. Did he just blindly ask me to be his date? Yep, he must be out of his mind.

Conneticut fanned his face and I swear his face appeared red. "Is it hot in here? I need a drink." He walked off to the bathroom and all you could here was the water running, and running, and running. I let out a sigh. I turned to Day, "How long does he usually do this?"

She chuckled. "It will wear off in a few minutes don't worry. He's being a drama... prince." We waited for a few minutes until Conneticut walked out of the bathroom and plopped face-down onto the bed. "What am I gonna do? I can't kill my own dad. I haven't killed anyone in my family before. How am I supposed to cope with that." He banged his head on the comforter until his neck got tired.

"Conneticut?" I raspy voice said behind the door followed by a few light knocks. I recognized Conneticut's fathers voice from a week or so ago. I hadn't seen him since my punishment. The door creaked open and Conneticut's father stepped into the room. Day bowed her head while I just stared at him. He did look like Conneticut. Pink short hair, Pink eyes. Pale skin. Only thing I could see on Conneticut was his father's lips and nose and chin, and even his head shape. Undoubtedly his mothers features. "Come with me. I wish to speak with you."

Conneticut lifted himself off the bed and followed his father out the door. I felt like jumping on the bed and yelling "Hooray!" but I resisted the urge to. Day and I sat there relieved and another light knock came from the door. Without even looking, Day jumped up and ran to the door. I looked up in time to watch her jump on Cale and hug him. "Thank god. I was wonder when you were going to be back. Conneticut was driving out of my mind while he blabbered on about his birthday." Day complained and stood on her tip-toes to kiss him. He smiled.

She smiled back and set her feet back down on the ground and they turned to leave with his hand around her waist. Then it dawned on me. "Hey! Your not leaving me here, are you?!" I asked jumping off the bed. Day just turned around smiling and waved at me. They left.