Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Conversation And Girl Talk

CONNETICUT'S POV

"It does not take a physic to tell what is on your mind Conneticut. If you are scared about the day we must fight, I implore you not to worry. My death will not be tragic for I have lived long and happily for years over. I do not wish to hurt you." Dad says to me as we stroll through his favorite part of the castle, The Greenhouse. Full of beautiful flowers. What did he mean he wouldn't hurt me though? He had to try or else this battle would be useless.

"You have to try, Dad. If you don't then it will all be for nothing." I tell him. He stops and smiles at the Hot Pink Rose that has neither withered nor grown since I was born. "You see this flower, Conneticut? This was the very first flower your mother and I ever placed in this Greenhouse. This greenhouse is as old as you are. Did I ever mention that you were-"

"Born here, yes, Dad, you've told me only a million times." I interrupted him. Only a million times.

"Of course. Just never forget who you are. I suppose it is my fault for the hardships that life has brought you. Never the less, I wouldn't change anything if I could go back and do it again. I know you can get through this, you always do. I am glad to be your father and I will be happy to see you rule Harins, as will your mother. Did I ever tell you that it was your mother's idea to-"

"to add a Greenhouse to the castle." I interrupted again. "A million more time you have."

He smiles as he rubbed the soft petals of the flower he so named Velvet. Velvet was the name of my mother and he feels that her spirit lives within the flower. "I don't blame anything on you though." I say to him. "My life is what it is. Not the fact that my mother was human or the fact that my brothers and sisters are pure bloods, or even the fact I have this problem. It's what was meant to happen and supposed to be. I wouldn't change it either."

"Then promise me, If you believe in this thing called fate, promise me that you won't morn over my death, or be saddened -But only think of it as a blessing that I will be with your mother again. I know your wondering why I think I may go to heaven when Vampires go to hell, but I feel that God allows those of us who meant well in life to enter heaven. I believe I may go up other than down. If I do go to hell, I'll still watch over you no matter what." He says softly. I sighed. He makes it sound like he wants to die just to be with mom. "Promise me. Promise me as this is my final wish. I only want you to be happy and prosper in life. Have a better life than I have had. Allow my soul to be at peace."

He looked into my eyes. He was begging and I knew it. If it was his final wish, than so be it. "I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die." I said crossing my heat. He chuckled. "Do not hope to die. We have something no other creature acquired; the ability to be immortal. Most of our kind tend to be selfish and greedy by sucking the life out of humans and do so forever. While doing this, they do not live happily for they worry of dieing. If there is anything your mother taught me, it is to live and cherish every moment of it. Treat every minute like the last minute of your life. I am glad you turned out more like her than me."

He patted my back and walked forward down the isle of flowers. If I'm so much like my mother, than why do I feel life is pointless. We feed, we live, we kill, until we die. Just as mom did. Mother was no different. She fed off of dads blood. She lives and also killed our enemies not fearing death. She ended up dieing anyway.

"Move along. Don't be left behind." Dad spoke as he whirled around to look at me. I hadn't noticed I was staring at Velvet during my thoughts. I quickly looked up at dad who was smiling. I returned a fake smile and continued to walk beside him.

"Now son. Before I leave for the afterlife we must discuss that human girl of yours. She is rather pretty don't you think. She has spark in her and she isn't afraid of standing up for herself." He spoke out and I displayed a shocked face towards the sudden subject.

"Dad, no. I'm not talking about her or any other girl." I said to him. I slapped my sides. "Girls aren't even something guys talk about with there dads." He started to laugh and threw and arm around my shoulder. "Just trying to lighten the mood. You don't have to be overly-defensive." He laughed. I felt my face flush red and he laughed some more. He quickly stopped and looked at me. "Admit it though. She's pretty. If my ears heard right you asked her to the dance, did you not?" He asked and my heart got shocked. I did what? I don't remember that!

"You must have misheard." I said to him and he chuckled some more. "So. The "you need to get you a dress" wasn't a dead give away? Saying how if she was calm you'd be calm? Don't be embarrassed your face is redder that that tomato." He laughed loudly and my face burned more. "You also said you didn't want to take any of your sisters. Conneticut my boy! You got yourself a date" He boomed while laughing his old man laugh. My face was on fire.

I pray to god he's wrong. I pray to the devil he was joking. My god what did I do.