Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Record-Time Shopping

CLORORI'S POV

"I don't know! Simple. But not to simple. Elegant. I don't really care just don't make it fancy. One hour. That's all you got. If your not back in an hour then so help me if I gotta come down there and start a scene." Conneticut ordered. Day looked at with a raised eyebrow.

"Excuse me? One hour to get a dress for an important dance. I don't think so. Conneticut, how long does it take me to get dressed?" Day argued. Conneticut opened his mouth to argue back but he decided to think for a moment. "Fine. Two hours. That's it." Conneticut concluded and Day jumped up and down with joy. "I can't believe it! Your first time in like a month and a half out of the castle!" She exclaimed. Why was it I didn't feel the same energy as her?

"Yes. It's very exciting." I said unenthusiastically. I was really waiting for Conneticut to say, 'Sorry. I just hope you know I didn't mean what I said. You know, about the dance and date thing' but to my surprise, he hadn't yet. Maybe he didn't realize it. Day grabbed my hand and forced me out of the room. "Come on!Two hours! No time to waste!" She exclaimed and she threw me awkwardly onto her back and began to take off.

Apparently some countries aren't ruled by vampires. New York for instance, she ran all the way there. It only took 5 minutes which was an amazing time for an amazing distance. "Now," She clapped her hands. "Simple but elegant. Don't matter the cost. Let's search. Your not allowed out of my sight either." She said grabbing my hand and pulling me along. She streets were filled with people. Day had told me that most countries were ruled but known by another name to vampires. That secretly, countries were ruled by vampires and ran by them. In this case, New York was a bit too busy for anyone to bother with, but it's a great place to get food (Which to a vampire is humans). "Won't anyone sort of guess your not a human by how white your skin is?" I ask her and she pulled me into a store.

She thought for a moment. "Perhaps. But it's not like I'm hurting anyone." She said and started scanning the racks for some dress. I looked around and the multi-colored dresses. Some long, some short, some fancy, some plain. Others were just downright weird but one in particular caught my eye on the clearance rack. It was a dress I'd never seen before. It sort of short and has some doily pattern above the frills. It was white and had strings that connected to one point in the body to another. It came with beautiful white gloves too.

Day noticed me staring and examined the dress. "It's quite lovely. You want that one. Amazing, I told Conneticut we'd be back in two hours and now we can say 20. Record!" She exclaimed doing some sort of happy dance. Since she'd been with Cale I haven't seen her act so happy before. It's weird for me watching her dance and embarrassing me at the same time. She took the dress and skipped over to the counter and paid for it. She flung it over her shoulder and skipped back to me. "All set Mon Capitan. Let's roll. No! Wait!" She took the dress off her shoulder and examined it. "Let's make Conneticut smile and Dy the frills hot pink and the strings hot pink! It be B-E-A-U-TIFUL!" She singsongs and skipped out of the store grabbing my hand.

...................................................

"My god. I set a new record for shopping. HeHeHe!" Day exclaimed skipping about the room, laying the dress on Conneticut's bed. I was emotionally exhausted from her already. All she did was skip skip and skip. I probably lost another pound which was something I really didn't need. "OK. Now! Try the dress on and let me examine you." She threw the dress at me and pushed me into the bathroom. I stared dumbfounded at myself in the mirror. Same as usual. Maybe I grew a bit along with my hair but nothing changed.

I sighed and slipped my clothes off and putting the dress on. It covered my back so no one would see the stitches that were still there. They didn't hurt very much anymore. Which was a good thing. I examined myself in the mirror after putting it on. I loved it. It fit my curves and puffed out just right. Now I looked like the princess and the gloves were awesome cause I could secretly murder someone and not get in trouble, I mean found out as easily.

"OK. I know your ready. I can smell the adrenaline in ya meaning your excited. I'm coming in." Day said and the door opened and she gasped. "You look gorgeous! If I didn't already have a dress I'd take that from you. Ah me! My breath just got taken away. Now undress! Quickly before Conneticut comes back!" She orders and re-closes the door. I gulped. Why did that sound like something you'd say to a wedding?