Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Birthday Part 1

"Come on! I am nervous, impatient, and a tad scared, so... hurry up!" Conneticut yelled banging on his bathroom door where Day was trying to do my hair.

"Patience is a virtue Conneticut!" Day yelled through the door. She hummed and fiddled with my hair. It was the night of the dance and tomorrow Conneticut would have to kill his father. She tried putting it up, she tried ponytails and pigtails, curls and updos. Nothing seemed to please her. She growled to herself as she brushed through my hair. She sighed. We've been at this for an hour and she couldn't find something she liked. "You know what. I think you look beautiful with it down. I could straighten it. Yeah! I'll straighten it!" She concluded grabbing a straightener from the cabinet.

"Um. Why does Conneticut have a straightener in his bathroom?" I ask her. It was kind of weird, wasn't it? "Oh," She said plugging the straightener in. "You see I put it in here in case I ever needed to use it. He doesn't care. He doesn't use anything on his hair other than a brush. Just like most guys, you know." She said tapping her finger in front of the straightener to make it heat faster.

"Not really. I don't even know how to dance. Actually I never even had a friend sleep over. I suppose I was too much of a control freak that no one liked me in school. I never even graduated. I never even went into grade 11" I said to her. She looked at me sympathetically.

"Weird. I feel like you and Conneticut are like meant to be. I mean, no offence. You both don't know how to dance, Well he can but not very good. You both have tempers. You both are bossyish. You both like to fight. You even have the same birthday's" I jumped in my seat. How did she know. I never told anyone I was turning 16 tomorrow. "Yeah. Sorry about that. Cale told me when he was rummaging through your head at breakfast a few days ago. You were thinking about it. It would have been nice if I knew. I would have done something for you." She said sadly.

"No. It's OK. Really. I'm used to it that's why I don't care." I explained. She picked up the straightener and started going through it with my hair. "And don't you ever say anything it, or even bring up the fact that Conneticut are like each other cause I don't like him and we aren't meant to be because he's dead and I'm alive. Don't ever say that again. We're always fighting and he gets me so mad. Not to mention he sucks my blood and almost killed me numerous times."

She giggled. "A bit defensive are we? Oh well. I did hear he was addicted to your blood so your going to be like his fountain for as long as you live." She hummed as she went through my hair over and over. Yeah... for the rest of my life. There were things I wanted to do in life. I wanted to travel, maybe work with crazy people. Be a teacher. (Not that that would be possible with my grades). A bunch of stuff... "Well. All done! Take a looky at yourself and I'll be waiting outside." She said, unplugging the straightener and leaving the bathroom. I heard her and Conneticut talking and I just stared at myself.

She put eyeliner on me and pink eyeshadow. No lipstick just gloss.
Nice white hoop earrings. I'd never even went to graduation for 8th grade. Never mind a birthday party dance. What was I thinking, maybe I should just not go and stay in Conneticut room and read or something. I can't dance and I hate crowds. I sighed depressed.

I stared at myself not thinking of how much time actually passed by. A part pf me wanted to cry for some reason, another part wanted to stare in the mirror all day, and another part wanted to laugh and smile which I wouldn't even let myself do.
I light knock came from the door. "Come on chicka! We're waiting for you! Cale just left because he's so impatient! Quit looking at yourself!" Day yelled through the door.

I sighed again. I turned towards the door and took tiny steps. As soon as my hand reached for the knob a wave of nervousness ran through me and my skin heated up in an instant. I grasped the knob and turned it and opened to look at Conneticut standing impatiently in the threshold of his door and Day oogling me in the middle of the room. Really, it should be mean oogling her. She had the beautiful white skin and amazing eyes and long orange hair.
Her pretty long dress.
I should be admiring her.

Conneticut turned to look at me and he stared for a few seconds before staring at the trim of the door. "We've been waiting for hours and that's it. I thought your hair would be done or you'd have more make-up or something." Conneticut mumbled and Day frowned at him. "How could you say that. She is beautiful. If you won't take her than I will." Day said. She took my arm and dragged me out the door. Conneticut followed behind us keeping his head down at the floor. He appeared to be thinking hard. Probably about tomorrow.

There were hundreds or thousands of people in the humongous ballroom. Decoration stars lined the walls and spot lights and other lights hung from the ceiling. There was a stage with some DJ type person on here controlling the music which was -at the moment- slow. It was dark except for the blinking lights. The others lights cast strange shapes on the walls. There was a long table full of food and drinks and a huge poster behind the concession stand saying, "Happy 1006 Conneticut!"
I wish I had a birthday with a whole bunch of friends.

Some dance music began to play and everyone started jumping and dancing almost knocking me over as Day dragged me through them. I noticed Conneticut was staying hidden in the doorway and staring in at everyone. He was probably nervous. Now that I think of it, if he really was 1006 years old, shouldn't he be used to it.

"Day! I have a question!" I yelled at her over the music. "If he had several birthday's, why are people celebrating this one in particular?!!?"

She turned to me and smiled. "Think of it as a human milestone!" She yelled back. "Like sweet 16 or big 18! It's a landmark!"

That made sort of sense. The music stopped and a spot light shone to the door where Conneticut stood holding his hand out to block the light. Everybody turned and began clapping and cheering. Someone went up to the stage and took the microphone from it's stand and coughed into it. "Holy Conneticut! We've been waiting for you!" The guys voice boomed into the microphone. "Let's drop that and wish you a happy 1006th birthday!" Everybody began to cheer and jump around as a pair of doors burst open at the back and a huge cake 10-layer cake rolled in on a huge trolley that was being dragged by one person. I watched as he sighed and made his way through the crowd that created an aisle for him to pass through. He walked past Day and I and walked onto the stage.