Those Green Eyes Flashing.

1.

I stared at the clock at the top left corner of the English room, the hands ticking slowly by.
I sighed returning my eyes to the book in my hands. There was ten minutes until lunch, not that lunch is very exciting for me but it was better then being in this class. I glanced at Mr. Dubois, he just sat there smiling. Indifferent to all the blank stares going round the class rooms like the black plague.

Chairs scraped along the tiled floor, rendering the tennis balls on the legs of the chairs useless. Mr. Dubois's eyes followed me as I hurriedly put my books into my bag. I rushed hoping that that the faster I ran the more likely he wasn't going to call me to come back, I was so close to freedom. "Mrs. Hayden!" He called in his nasally voice.=I had one foot out the door, an eighth of me tasting its freedom. I tried to pretend that I didn't hear him.
"Mrs. Hayden" I sighed and pivoted on my heel and back tracking into the classroom. I sat down on the desk in front of his and tapped my foot. I waited for him to talk.

Mr. Dubois cleared his throat, "As you may not know; Luke Antonius is below in his studies, I have consulted his mother and she recommended getting him a tutor and seeing as you are my best student and you know him so well, we both agreed that you would be the one to do it. You will get volunteer hours for every tutoring session, and will be granted an honorarium if Mr. Antonius's improves tremendously" He smiled. "I'll do it" I mumbled, knowing I really did not have a choice. He clapped his hands together, "Great! You will have to figure out with Mr. Antonius a schedule that will work for both you and him".
"Can I go now"
It hasn't really been that long but Clara doesn't really like to wait and now I have to find her to tell her I won't be eating lunch with her.
"You may" Mr. Dubois said with a nod. I jumped off the desk and picked up my bag heading towards the hall.
I was only a few steps out of the classroom when I saw Luke with his friend, Grant. ‘Maybe I won’t need to look for Clara’ I thought to myself as I walked up to him. His friend nodded to me, and I cleared my throat. Luke turned around. “Mr. Dubois told me to speak to you about when we should meet for our tutoring sessions” Luke scratched his head. “I don’t have a clue about what you are talking about” He said with a raised eyebrow. “Look,” I said “You don’t have to play cool in front of your little friend here, I bet he already knows about you barfing on the school stage in seventh grade and if he doesn't already, he knows now” I was briefly interrupted by his friends laughter, Luke shook his head “ I don’t really have the time for your cool surfer act, I just want to pick the time and place and get to lunch” Luke ignored the dig at his ego and sighed “Can we talk about this later?” He asked, his arms pulling his arms tightly around his chest. I shook my head “ No” He sighed “Okay what about Thursday after school? In the… Auditorium?” He said scratching the back of his head. “Fine” I said running off.
While I was making my ‘escape’ I could hear Luke’s friend, Tanner, giving him a hard time about the seventh grade incident, I snickered. Just as I reached the cafeteria the lunch bell sounded.
‘It couldn't have been that long, could it?’ I checked my watch and sighed, turning in the direction of drama.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please contact me if there is any mistakes, grammar and spelling wise. You can do that be message or comment. Read on and be happy!

Revised on 1/4/13