Status: whole new story in the same style. i hope you like it, though ;)

When I'm With You

When I'm With You

When I got the offer to be upon the set of the 'Vampire Diaries' as one of the key make-up artists, I was hesitant. It paid good and I had a contract for the entirety of the second season but there was so many other good things I wanted to experience in that year that I would be spending upon the set. I wanted to get out into the world once more after my little resting period where I only did jobs here and there on photo shoots. I wanted to take a break on life but when I got a call from a job that I applied for as kind of a joke saying that that job was mine, I almost hung up the phone and not believing what I heard.

That was yesterday, by the way, and now, here I am, waking up at three in the morning to prepare for the shoot. I was floating around the small apartment I had found near the location in Georgia with a bowl of cereal and feeling bags forming underneath my eyes. The television was on in the corner but there was no sound coming through it. I watched the screen silently from the kitchen bench, eating my muesli. It was a tasteless bowl of muesli and I soon dumped it for a banana, throwing the muesli into the bin and washing the bowl as I ate my banana. I was going to sit upon the second hand couch near the television but the alarm upon my blackberry began to ring, saying that I had only an hour left to get changed and go.

I rolled my eyes and shut off the television. Taking my blackberry from the kitchen bench, I plugged it into the wall to be charged and floated into my small bedroom. The apartment was so small that I could get from one end of the apartment to the other in a matter of steps. I pulled out a pair of knee high boots, thick black leggings, a pair of shorts, a white t-shirt with a thick jacket and threw them onto the bed. I then pulled out a change of underwear and made the run to the bathroom. The problem with this apartment was that there was a window in the gap between the bathroom and the bedroom, making the bedroom//bathroom run almost impossible. In my search of things to fill the apartment, I had tried to find something that would help cover that up and the best I could do was a tall pot plant.

Shutting the door behind me, even thought I was the only person in the apartment, I stripped off all my clothes and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I wouldn't be the one that you would call an attractive person. I was on the line of being underweight and where I should be of a person of my stature. I was a small girl, around five four, and wearing clothes that could fit an average size teen. I had a non existent ass and boobs that didn't exist. The underwear that I wore was just for looks and barely held anything in place. I wore undies for obvious reasons but the bra was practically there because if I was caught without one, it seem a little strange.

You could almost see every single one of my ribs pocking through my skin and my bones jutting out at various points with my collarbone clearly visible upon my chest. You must be reading this and thinking what kind of person I was to let myself get to this stage. I guess I just worked so hard that I didn't look after myself properly and let myself get this thin. It is an awful sight, seeing myself in the mirror, so I preferred not to look there. The only thing that I saw in myself that was decent was my hair and my eyes. I had these brilliant sea green eyes that shone from my skin and the curly brown hair that fell about my shoulders. Think of 'Katerina's' curls and it was exactly like that. Other than that, though, I hated looking at myself in the mirror.

I moved into the shower where I quickly washed my hair and pulled at the curls to try and untangle them with the conditioner. By the time I was finished, I threw myself out of the shower and dried myself quickly. I slipped not he change of underwear underneath my robe and threw my other clothes into a washing basket in the corner that was practically fully. After work, I reminded myself, I needed to go to the laundromat to get them cleaned. There surely should be one around here somewhere. I pulled out my personal make-up kit and put on some foundation so my skin looked less like it was clinging to my bones. I lined my eyes with some green eyeliner and mascara along with some darker eyeshadow. I took a few minutes to dry my hair and let it fall naturally about my bony shoulders.

I moved from the bathroom quickly and made the run to my small bedroom. My bed was shoved in the corner to avoid clutter with a small beside table beside it. There was a glass of water still there from the night before and a clock sitting upon it with a box of tissues beside it. There was a standalone wardrobe that I had bough from Ikea that was filled with all the clothes that I had brought over from my apartment in the Bronx that my friend was now occupying while I was here in Georgia. I pulled on my leggings and my shorts over them before I pulled on my boots. I pulled my t-shirt over my head as I grabbed some tissues and shoved them down my top to give my boobs some look. Stop judging, people still do stuff like what I just did and I was in desperate need of looking good for my first day. Then they could make their judgments.

I pulled on my jacket before I rushed out of the room, grabbing my work make-up case from the bathroom and went into the kitchen where I grabbed my phone and handbag from the kitchen bench. I found my eyes in a bowl by the door and heard my phone going off again saying that I had to get my non existent but going. I made it down the stairs, since the building I was staying in had an elevator that was in repair, and out onto the street where my car was parked in a matter of seconds. I threw my things into the backseat of my messy car and started it up. I was down the street heading towards the set that wasn't far from where I was staying with no music since my radio had broken on the drive from the Bronx. Another thing that I would have to get fixed since I was so busy trying to get my apartment filled in the day I had given myself to get settled. Not much time to do anything, really. I had so much to do in my apartment to make it liveable it was ridiculous.

I reached the set in a matter of minutes, pulling up into a car park that was only filled by the snow that was beginning to fall. I went passed a security guard who waved me passed when I told him my name and he gave me a lanyard to wear whenever I was set. I found a park near some of the trailers and took my time getting out of the car. It was around four thirty in the morning and there was a hint of sun over the horizon. For the beginning of winter, it was starting to get really cold and I shivered as I got out of the car. Dragging my things out with me, I locked the car behind me as I floated between the trailers. I found one that had 'Hair + Make-Up (Damon, Stefan, Elena, Bonnie, Caroline)' as well as another truck that had the same thing but for different actors. I stood hesitantly between them when a group of people approached me with coffee's in hands and steam coming from them.

When they saw me, the only male amongst them paused the rest of the group and asked me, "Kristan Murphy?"

"Yeah," I said, shivering slightly. "Who are you?"

"I'm Eamon, one of the make-up artists that will be working with you," he said, extending his hand. I took that chance to study him, noticing his large frame the darkness of his skin. He brilliant brown eyes and shoulder length brown hair with large hands that covered all of my own when we shook hands. He looked down at my hand and noticed how bony it was but instantly took his attentions away from it and handed me the second coffee he was holding. "Thought you might need this."

"Thanks," I said, accepting the drink and turning my attention to the other girls that accompanied him.

"I'm Hannah," said the girl beside Eamon and extended her hand. She had blonde hair and bright blue eyes with a brilliant smile. "Nice to meet you, Kristan." She motioned towards the girl beside her with a shade darker blonde of hair beside her and dark eyes. "This is Amy, she's been mute since birth but that doesn't mean she can't do a killer hair cut."

I smiled at Amy and extended my hand to her. She took it enthusiastically and I laughed. Eamon then ushered us into the trailer I first came across and turned on the light as we walked into the room. I settled my things upon the bench and found what must've been Eamon's collection of make-up upon the desk also. On the other side of the bench was all the hair products that any girl could have wished for. I smiled at the collection as Eamon settled himself on the couch on the other side of the room and Amy going to the iPod dock in the corner of the room where she put in her own iPod, starting to play some OneRepublic. Hannah settled herself upon one of the swivel chairs and watched Amy bound around the trailer, dancing. I smiled at the sight of Amy dancing around the room and I noticed the others doing so as well.

My smile froze, however, when I saw a man that proved to have almost the features of an angel. Or so I thought. Brilliant blue eyes stuck out against his black snow stained hair. His lips were pink while the rest of his face remained white, minus the five o'clock shadow that lined his jaw. The man, I soon realised, was my first client and none other than Damon Salvatore.