Status: whole new story in the same style. i hope you like it, though ;)

When I'm With You

Out For Dinner

"A little harsh, don't you think, Hannah?" Eamon said. "Leave the girl alone. She obviously has her reasons for being the way she is just like you have your reasons for being the way you are."

"Yeah, but it's not like I'll let myself get that thin," Hannah said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Amy looked over to Hannah from her ipod and walked to her. Hannah looked to Amy as she slapped Hannah hard across the face. My hand went to my mouth as I watched situation unfold. Before Hannah could retaliate, Eamon was in between them and his coffee in my spare hand. He glared at them both, forcing Hannah from her seat and to the door that opened as she placed her hand upon the handle. She jumped back as who I recognised as Stefan Salvatore and Elena Gilbert walk through the door. They looked in curiously, seeing what was going on and became hesitant about going into the room.

I sighed and motioned for them to come into the room. They didn't know who I was but they took my advice anyway and hovered in the middle of the trailer. Hannah glared at Eamon and Amy before slamming the door behind her as she left. I set Eamon's coffee down when I saw how Nina and Paul hovered nervously, extending my hand to Paul first. He looked at me with a confused glance as I introduced myself.

"I'm Kristan," I said as he took my hand and shook it. "Thew new make-up artist."

"Thank God," I heard Nina say as our hands disconnected. "She was an absolute bitch and was one of the worst artists in this place. I don't even know how they hire her."

"I'm Paul," he said before he motioned towards Nina. "And this lovely girl is Nina."

"Hey," Nina said, taking my hand and studying my hand as she shook it. "Your hand is almost thinner than mine." She smiled as our hands broke apart. "I think I might have a competitor for the skinniest on this set."

"At least you look beautiful unlike my frail self," I said as I motioned them into the seats that had been vacated.

"You will look a ton better once you have food in you," Nina said, taking the seat that Ian was previously in and Paul taking the seat that Hannah had vacated.

Amy and Eamon broke apart, their muttering stopped as the turned to complete their work as Paul said to me, "So, how about you, me, Nina and Ian for dinner tonight?"

Eamon raised an eyebrow at me as he said that before distracting himself by applying a similar make to Paul that I had to Ian. Whenever I worked, I always tried to keep my clients and my life separate. If they were my co-workers, I would go out for dinner or drinks now and then but when it came to people like Nina and Paul, I was hesitant. They were actors, and very good at what they did so who knew if I was being played or not. I began applying a little make up to Nina as I thought, Amy preparing herself to do their hair. As I looked into Nina's expectant face, thinking of my response, I decided I would take a chance as I pulled away from her once I had applied her mascara and eyeliner.

"Why not?" I said, exchanging my current tools for a bit of eye shadow. "What's the worst the could happen, right?"

"Do you have a car?" Paul asked as Eamon pulled away from him and let Amy do her work upon Paul's hair.

"How else would I have gotten here?" I said as I finished off Nina's make up with a little lipstick.

"Good, that's means you can take Ian," Paul said as I set my things down upon the bench and sit down upon the couch beside Eamon.

"How is that good?" I questioned and Eamon looked over to me with an expectant glance.

"How isn't it?" Eamon muttered so I could only hear.

"It means that Nina and I can have some time alone before we go to dinner," Paul said, reaching over to Nina and taking her hand.

"You guys are dating?" I said as Amy finished Paul's hair and moved on to Nina's.

"You're really not up with the times, are you?" Paul laughed as he spun around to look at me as he spoke.

"I'm not that kind of girl that would know everything about everyone on one of my favourite television shows," I said. "I just watch the show, that's all."

"I'm liking you more already," Paul said as Amy finally finished Nina's hair and moved aside as she stood.

"I'll pass a message onto Ian to meet you by your car after the shoot," Nina said as Paul joined her by the door. "What does your car look like?"

"It's not like it's hard to find," I said. "It's a secondhand porsche 911 that looks kind of beat up in the corner of the car park."

"What colour?" she said as Paul opened the door.

"Black," I said as Paul ushered her out of the trailer.

"See you round!" Nina said as Paul rolled his eyes and closed the door behind them.

"You have an old school porsche?" Eamon exclaimed.

"It was my dad's originally but he had no use for it after he moved to NYC," I said. "It looked like I needed it more since it looked like I was moving out here for a while."

"Your from NYC?" Eamon said, pointing his finger at me and his eyebrows raised questionably as I nodded. "Girl, you are like my new bestie."

"Good to know I at least have one friend out here," I said when I saw Amy jumping up and down with her hand held up high. "I'll at least make that two."

__________________________________________________________________________________________

After all the make-up had been done, Amy and Eamon took their leave and went in search of Hannah, saying that they're job finished once all the basic hair and make-up had been done. It was my job to keep everything in check upon set once they had left. I took my case and locked everything up behind me as I left, taking Eamon's directions to where the set was. It was about a ten minute walk to what I recognised as Elena's house from the series. There were actors and crew everywhere, final touches being put on the set and actors rehearsing their lines. I couldn't find a seat to put my things on so I suspected that I would just have to hover with my things somewhere amongst the crew.

As I hovered onto the set, I caught the attention of a man in the director's chair who ushered me forward. He said that I would have to hover near him as much as possible incase he saw a flaw in their make-up, which wouldn't happen since he said I had already done a good job. I smiled at his complement and took a few steps back from him, watching the actors fall into place that only happened to be Nina and Paul for this scene. I could see Ian floating off the set and seeing me as he left it. He smiled at me with his beautifully pink lips and took his place beside me, watching as the scene began. He gave me a small wave since we weren't allowed to talk during takes. I mouthed my hello to him as the scene continued.

When the take was called to a close, Ian leant down to me, since I was much shorter than he was, and said, "I heard you were coming out to dinner tonight and kindly giving someone a lift while their car is in repair."

"You heard correctly," I said, smiling at him.

"I'm glad you decided to come," Ian said as the director called him to the set. "I can get to know a little pretty girl more."

I blushed slightly as he winked at me. He walked towards the set, slowly looking away from me as he did so. I rocked back and forth on my heels as I watched him leave my side, my hands gripping tightly around my belongings. It wasn't long before I had to rid myself of these thoughts as the director called me to Nina to fix up a little of her hair and add a little more pink to her lips. I smiled at her as I did so, her lips turning into a knowing smile. I tried not to have a reaction to such a thing as I fixed up what needed to be done and disappeared from her side. As I left, though, I felt a rough hand running along my thing one. I looked down to see Ian's hand running along hand but when I looked to him, his eyes were focussed upon the director.

I instantly looked away from him as I continued off set and watched the rest of the scene play out. The rest of the day was much like this, going on set occasionally to fix up make-up and add a little more oomph to certain people's hair. At one point, I had to add a substance that looked like blood to the actors lips. When I got to doing Ian, I could feel his hand hovering near my thin waist and his fingers rubbing along my waist lightly. I almost glared at him for distracting me form my work and moved away from him as soon as I was done without a backwards glance. He looked as scary, but as sexy as ever when I looked at him through the camera shots by the director's chair.

I was proud of the work that I had done so far today, but there was always room for improvement. As the director called it a wrap for the day, the sun beginning to set, Nina smiled at me widely as she walked passed me towards wardrobe. I gave her a small nod as she walked passed. Paul approached me, motioning to hurrying this up as I quickly wiped all the make-up from his face. He mentioned that he would see me soon as he disappeared from my side. None of the other girls came to me, mentioning how they liked how I did their make-up that they were going to go out tonight like Paul, Nina, Ian and I were doing but in their separate ways. This warmed my heart a little as Ian approached me, taking out my cleansing wipes again to clean his face of the make-up I had put on him.

He kept his eyes closed the entire time as I wiped his face down. My fingers hovered over his lips as I cleaned them of the blood that stained him. I heard him moan slightly, repulsing me slightly. I had no effect like that on someone before and I didn't ant to start now with Ian. I pulled myself away from him and packed up my things, officially signing off for the day. I motioned for Ian to follow me back to the car park. For the ten whole minutes we spent walking to my car, we said nothing and I wasn't really sure if I could say that I enjoyed the silence between us. It was awkward and pleasing at the same time. I couldn't exactly make up my mind at the moment.

Reaching the car, I opened the doors and slipped into it, throwing my things into the back. I cleared the passenger seat of all my clothes and rubbish, pushing them into the back with my make-up case. Ian laughed as he slipped into the car as I started it up. As we pulled out of the car park, he tried to get the radio to work but when I mentioned that it needed to be repaired, he sighed and gave up trying to make it work. He gave me directions as we drove out of the car park and towards the restaurant we would be eating at.

"I'm going to take it in to get repaired on one of these days," I said. "For now, we just have each other to fill the silence."

"I like the silence between us," Ian said as he pointed me towards a restaurant and I began to search for a car space. "It's calming and unlike what I have experienced with anyone else."

I smiled at this as I found a car space by the restaurant and turned off the car. I accompanied him out of the car and towards the restaurant, taking my hand bag and locking the car behind me. The restaurant was filled with a few people but wasn't full like I was used to restaurant's being back in the Bronx. The hostess that approached us had a look of shock upon her face when she saw Ian walking in with me and almost squealed but I pressed my finger to my lips, quietening her. She smiled at us widely as she led us to a table in the back corner of the restaurant. Ian and I beside each other, thinking of Nina and Paul, knowing that they would want to sit next to each other when they arrived.

The hostess looked as us expectantly, waiting to see if we wanted any drinks and caused me to say, "Can I get a tequila sunrise?"

"Just a scotch, thanks," Ian said as she nodded to us both and disappearing from our table. Ian turned to me as I buried myself into the corner of the booth. "Now, little one. You have a reason for being how beautiful you are?"