Status: whole new story in the same style. i hope you like it, though ;)

When I'm With You

Tissues & Meatballs

"I would've expected you figured that out this morning when we met," I said. "I'm not really your typical girl, you realise."

"Nina did make a good point though," Ian said as I tasted the sauce for myself.

"Oh, not you too," I moaned, turning to him with fire in my eyes. "Literally, if I hear one more word about what happened tonight with Nina or about my weight, I will not hesitate to hit you."

"I don't believe you," Ian said with a playful smile.

Even though I knew he was joking, I moved from the stove and slapped him hard across the face. He went with the blow and a red smear appearing upon his cheek. Ian held his face there for a long time as we both stood in our positions unmoving. I only shifted because I heard the sauce boiling and it's aroma filling the room. I stirred it quickly, almost too quickly because I spilt half of it's insides out of the pan and onto the ground. I swore to myself as I took it off the stove and was about to turn around when Ian go in my way, trying to help me. The pan and I crashed into Ian, the contents flying everywhere.

"Fucking shit," I said, throwing the pan to the ground and storming from the kitchen.

I stormed into my room, slamming the door behind me but it didn't close fully. I paced my room, my fingers pulling at my hair and feet kicking at various objects around my room. I grunted as I pulled at my hair too tightly and pulled a little out. I paused mid-step and held out the clump in front of me. My hand began to shake as the realisation of what Ian and Nina had said, my lack of food and nutrition had cause me to become this thin and my hair to become weak and brittle, beginning to fall out. It was also put forward by the fact that I was ultimately stressed out at what they had said that I pulled at my hair so hard that it had fallen out.

I moaned as I moved my body to the edge of the bed before I collapsed onto the ground. I made a weird whining noise as I let go of the hair in my hands and watching it fall to the ground. My chest began to heave, my hand going to it and feeling it rise and fall too rapidly. Ian appeared at the door, watching me freak out. In an instant, as if he was a vampire, he rushed over to me and knelt down in front of me.

My eyes were anywhere but him as I couldn't calm down. I knew they were right but I just couldn't help being the way I was. I just didn't eat because I wasn't hungry and because I worked so hard, making me end up the way I was. No matter how hard Nina and Ian's words were, she was right. I needed to eat more food and leave my skinny days behind.

I hated hollywood sometimes. They thrived on the fact that everyone was ultimately thin and made their millions on the fact that these poor celebrities starved themselves thin so that they could be "beautiful." When they got to that stage, though, the press would just criticise them for being that thin. I knew that I wasn't part of that bracket but I was part of the bracket that let themselves get this thin. It didn't really effect me as bad as it did when I heard it from Nina, even though I barely knew her. It took full effect when Ian said it and I cursed myself for letting him have such an effect on me.

I groaned when he took my hands, saying, "Shh, Kristan. The world's not going to end because you spilt the food."

"It's not about the food," I said shakily. "It's about how I slapped you." Oh my goodness, I just slapped Ian Somerhalder and it didn't fully settle until now. Oh my goodness. "Oh, God! I just slapped you! I'm so sorry!"

"Don't stress about that, it's not like it hurt anyway," Ian said with a smile as I fell off the edge of the bed and knelt down in front of him. "I forgive you."

"Oh, thank the Lord!" I said, hugging him and as I did, I questioned my actions. I was really acting out of character. Maybe it was my nerves, my little freak out that I was having, I don't now what it was but I pulled away from him and gave him a strange look. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay," Ian said, standing and extending his hand towards me. "How about we try and fix up the mess we made of dinner?"

I nervously looked at his hand before I helped myself up using the edge of the bed, saying, "If you're still hungry."

"As far as I know, you are too," Ian said, ushering me out of the room. "Now, lets get back in there! You're the one that needs the food more than I do."

"No matter I say will convince you otherwise, will it?" I said, glancing back at Ian as I was ushered back out into the kitchen.

"Nothing," Ian said as we looked down at the mess that was spread across the kitchen.

I got down on my hands and knees, beginning to pick up the saucepan and putting on the bench as Ian help me pick up the meatballs that had spread across the floor. I washed out the saucepan, setting it upon the side of the sink before I got out a plastic bag for the destroyed meatballs. I handed it too him as he put the ones he had already picked up into there. I got a sponge and began wiping down the floor. I could feel my top hanging down low to reveal things that I d isn't really want people to see. I tried to cover myself but that wasn't before Ian looked up and saw one of the tissues I had stuffed down my bra.

I was red like a beetroot, covering myself up and standing. I tried to shove the tissue back into my bra but Ian just laughed behind me. I reddened even further as he stood up from behind me and turning me around. No matter how much I protested, he always had the strength over me. I held the dirty sponge in one hand and the tissues from one of the cups of my bra in the other hand. I didn't want to look into his eyes as I he set the bag upon the bench and taking the sponge from me. He threw it into the sink and before I knew it, he had shoved his hand down my top for the rest of the tissues.

Completely frozen as he removed his hand from my top, Ian held the tissues up in front of me, saying "This." He took the other tissues I had and put it in the bin with the destroyed food. "Is completely unnecessary."

"And so was your violation of my breasts!" I exclaimed as he tied the bag up and turned back to me.

"I think we both know that you have as much breasts as I do a vagina," Ian said, making me laugh. "Now, do you want to take the spaghetti off the stove or do you want me to do it?"

I looked over to the stove and noticed that the water was bubbling over the edges of the pot. The flames were making a hissing sound as the water hit it. I swore underneath my breath as I went to save the spaghetti but Ian had already beat me to it, taking it from the stove and setting it aside.

"I thin it might be a good idea if you had a little break," Ian said. "Considering what you just went through, I think you need to get yourself cleaned up."

"No, I think I'm okay," I said as I attempted to help him but he pushed me away from the stove. "Ian."

"Don't make me chase you into the bathroom because right now, you're sounding like my mother," Ian said as he shooed me away.

"Come on!" I argued as Ian began to stare me down and walk towards me, making me take a few steps back. "Just let me help!"

"Shower, now," Ian said, as I stopped and he stood dangerously close, staring me down and his eyes dilating like when he was trying to convince someone to do something they didn't wan to do.

"I know how much you want that little trick to work in real life," I said, taking a few steps back from him. "I'm only disappearing because you look so damn scary."

Ian laughed as I disappeared from him and went into the bathroom. Shutting the door behind me, I leaned against it and sighed, a slow smile creeping onto my face.