Status: whole new story in the same style. i hope you like it, though ;)

When I'm With You

Finding Kindness

I took a quick shower, trying to avoid myself in the mirror as I disrobed and threw my clothes to the floor. As I showered, I could smell the scent of the food that Ian was making in the kitchen. Stepping from the shower, I took in a deep breath of the beautiful smell from that was being created. Smiling to my myself, I dried myself and tied my hair into a quick ponytail before donning the towel and made the quick dash towards my room. I glanced down the hallway to see if Ian was looking. He was utterly concerned with making the food and didn't look back at me when I sprinted from the bathroom to my bedroom. Sprinting across the hallway and shutting the door behind me, I went about the room trying to find something to wear.

With the only pieces of underwear that I could find being something red and frilly, I groaned slipped them on underneath my towel. Dropping the towel and grunting at my thin body, how the bra practically wasn't holding nothing, the panties slightly loose around my waist. I pushed it out of my mind and found a pair of track pants that would hide my fragility and a tight t-shirt and a jumper that would hide bony arms. Shuffling out of the bedroom and the scent of the spaghetti and meatballs filling my nose, I walked into the kitchen.

Ian was plating up whatever he was cooking with two glasses of red wine sitting beside it. I sat upon one of the stools on the other side of the bench and watched him pour the sauce upon the bowls of spaghetti. I took a deep breath, my eyes closing slightly as I did so. I heard a clatter of plates that broke me out of my trance as I watched Ian sprinkle some parmesan cheese that I didn't know I had in the fridge upon the spaghetti. John Mayer still played over the iPod speakers as Ian took out some cutlery and pushed a bowl towards me, holding out a fork.

"Looks like someone's hungry," Ian said as I took the fork and pocked at my food.

"You cannot imagine," I said, swirling a little of my spaghetti around my fork and pulled it from my bowl.

"With your new found hunger and all," Ian said, going around to the other side of the bench and sitting beside me. "I'm assuming you would be."

"Thank you for stating the fact that I know how much I need to eat this," I said, beginning to eat my food.

A small smile spread across his lips as he began to eat his food. We ate in silence, the only thing that filled it was the music playing from Ian's ipod. He had a good selection of music, some things I had never heard of but I took a liking to anyway. As we ate, his arm brushed against my own, his fingers running against mine. I moved my fingers from his so that it didn't happen again. I didn't like how close he was getting to me even though he knew I wasn't that kind of girl that at least Nina presented herself to be. He was just looking for me, I guess. I couldn't blame him, though. He seemed like a kind enough person from what I had seen in real life but to experience that kindness in person made me warm in side to think that I had someone to care for me. He might not be my boyfriend, but he certainly felt something for me after the day we had known each other.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finishing our food, we ended up on the couches with our red wine and laughing. I sat cross legged upon the couch opposite him. He had one arm folded upon the edge of the couch along with one leg gripped in his hand as his eyes sparkled brilliantly. His blue eyes were more intense than I had seen when I watched him upon the previous season of 'The Vampire Diaries' and when I briefly watched 'Lost, but stopped after the second or third season. Although he hadn't really been my favourite character upon 'Lost, he was certainly beginning to become my favourite upon 'The Vampire Diaries'.

There as always a certain sexiness about his character that was clearly being portrayed here as we laughed together and drank our wine. Finishing off my glass of wine, I knew that was I getting more drunk than I expected I would with the drink that I had when we were out with Nina and Paul. I gave a hiccup, covering my mouth in embarrassment. Ian smiled taking my glass from me as he finished his own.

"Come on, love," Ian said as I hiccuped again. "Time to get you into bed. We have work tomorrow."

"But I thought we were having fun!" I exclaimed, pulling myself away from him as he took my up and helped me to my feet. "I don't need your help getting their, either."

At the moment when I tried to walk back to my room, I lost my balance and fell backwards into the couch in a clutter of arms and leg. Ian laughed as he set down my things upon the coffee table and lifting me up in his arms so that my legs hung over one while my head lolled over the other side. I made a weird 'oomphing' noise as he picked me up, crashing into his chest. I took in his scent, smelling of red wine and the sauce that he used upon the spaghetti.

"Hmnmn," I said as Ian began to move amongst my home and going into my bedroom. "You smell nice."

"And you're drunk," Ian said with a playful smile as he awkwardly turned upon the light to my bedroom and soon gave up in turn for stumbling into the room in attempt to look for the bed.

"But you do," I said, trying to get comfortable in his arms when he suddenly dropped me into the bed. "What was that for?"

"To give you a little shock, that's all," Ian said as I tried to pull off my jumper and getting stuck around my head.

Ian helped me slip it off and threw it to the side of the bed. I drew the covers over my body and my eyes lazily looked over to Ian who knelt down beside the bed, smiling at me, saying, "Along with smelling nice, your a whole lot nicer than a lot of other celebrities I've met."

"And I bet you've met a lot of them, too," Ian said, pushing back some of my hair behind my ears.

"See? You're being nice," I said as I let out a sigh and closed my eyes.

"Sometimes you find kindness in the strangest of places."