The Battles of Your Youth

Prologue

Love is never what you expect.

For example I expected stars, fireworks, a knight in shining armour who'd sweep me off my feet...

But, of course, I got confusion, heartbreak and...loss.

"I can't believe you're doing this to me!"

That girl screaming, making a total and utter fool out of herself was me; Lauren Taylor Hough, and the guy I'm shouting at is my - apparent - Knight, Prince, whatever you want to say.

"I'm sorry," He pleaded, the eyes which had captivated me more than anything in the world lined with emotion.

"Are you still gunna go?" I whispered, his head bowed and I knew.

Knew I was losing him forever.

I sighed dramatically and turned my back on him, not able to stand to look at him any longer. I ran my hands through my honey blonde hair, feeling like I was falling apart at the seams.

Life without him was almost not worth living. Since I'd met him everything I was about had changed. being with him was so easy, effortless...

And now he was leaving.

"You promised," I breathed, a lone tear rolling down my cheek. I swiftly wiped it away.

"I know and Lauren I-"

"No!" I snapped, glaring at him over my shoulder "I can't talk to you right now," I mumbled, my voice cracking with emotion.

"But I leave tomorrow Lauren," He protested.

I felt sick as a loud sigh escaped my lungs "Well goodbye then," I whispered, my voice shaking.

Without another word I left, slamming the door behind me. Finally I allowed my sobs to take over as I rushed out of the house.

Leaving his side forever...