The Battles of Your Youth

The End

August 25th 1994 - Age 23
6 Years Later - New York


"Where are you going?" My room-mate and Highschool friend; Bailey, frowned as I rushed around our living room, collecting everything I needed for the night ahead of me "Cause I don't remember being invited anywhere."

I rolled my eyes "It's Thursday night Bay!" I chuckled, her ditzy nature never failing to amuse me "I'm working my shift in the bar downstairs!"

"Ooh yeah!" She exclaimed, in the year we've lived in our apartment we've worked one night a week each in the bar downstairs "You're gunna miss it!" She suddenly gasped as I pulled my most favourite, oldest hoodie over my head.

I frowned "Miss what exactly?"

"My So-Called Life! That new show on ABC!" She exclaimed "It looks a-mazing! The lead guy - the one off the advert - is fucking stunning! I'm sure he's been on something else...I know him from somewhere."

I raised my eyebrows, not having a clue of what she was ranting excitedly about "Um...nevermind," I shrugged, grabbing my key; there was no doubt Baiey would be fast asleep by the time my shift ended "I'm sure I'll live."

She began to protest but I made a sift exit, knowing I'd hear all about the episode in the morning. I hugged my hoodie close as I wandered down the stairs - even after 6 years and a ton of washed it still faintly smelt of...

I shook my head, snapping myself away from my thoughts of 'He-who-must-not-be-named' as I entered the, already full, bar.

After all, no one wants to be served by a depressed barmaid do they?

"Ren!" Greetings rained down on me from my usual Thursday night punters, all using my newly given shortening of my name.

"What'cha having?" I smiled to my first customer before quickly pulling his pint.

"Nice hoodie," My co-worker; Ricky, smirked sarcastically as he nudged my hip with his own.

"Hey!" I protested "I happen to adore this hoodie I'll have you know!"

He laughed as he wandered back over to his side of the bar.

"Who's next?" I called once I'd handed my customer his drink and took the payment.

"Me."

My heart pretty much stopped as he came into view, he'd hardly changed since I'd last seen him.

He smirked "Lauren Hough, who'd've thought it."

A grin stretched my lips "Christopher Eckles it's good to see you again."

He shrugged "I bet it isn't...how is..."

I stopped him with a raise of my hand and a look on my face "I don't talk about him anymore."

"Oh," Chris replied, his eyebrows raised "Well...how have you been?"

"Good," I nodded, totally and utterly lying to his face "You?"

He shrugged and nodded at the same time "I don't suppose you fancy going out sometime?" He asked, that cheeky smile on his face "Y'know, as a catch up?"

I smiled, reaching for a pen and paper I scribbled my number down "Why not?"
♠ ♠ ♠
The Sequel is called Your Promises Look Like Lies :)

Everyone should leave me a comment cause I love you all :) <3