The Witching Hour

Found

As much I tried, I found my efforts to free of restraint useless. The hand which clasped my mouth, obscured my breaths for air; unwilling, tight, forceful. My sight blurred and darkness descended, clouding my vision and allowing for unconsciousness to give some form of sweet release. Tears broke the barrier, my hands clawed at that which held me. Indeed, for a moment, it crossed my mind why this demon was so averse to using their power on me, did they not know of the fire they were capable of? Had they never learnt how to use it? I had to admit, it hardly seemed plausible. If anything it was easiest to assume that they were trying to make it look like I’d died from injuries I would soon sustain from their wrath. And then, I wondered, was I in the presence of Taylor? Surely she would not be stupid as to come back for round two so quickly.
Whatever the answer, whoever my captor, all I knew was that the sudden heat which pulsed through my veins was an unintentional surge of magic; all I had to do was accept it.
I tried my best to withdraw mentally from the car, focus solely on the light deep within which sparked for recognition. It was difficult, of course, I had not learnt how to summon such strength before, but for some reason, it came easier than expected. There was a jolt through my body, a hit of life which caused my eyes to fly wide open, and then, then, there was the scream, the piercing scream too loud to belong to any mere human, the shriek which burst forth from my lips and caused my attacker to fall back, clasping their head in their hands helplessly.
I kicked out my door, and pulled them from the car, clasping them by the neck tossing them to the ground. I could feel the blood pulsing in my face, the anger presenting itself in my stature, the magic.
Their face was still obscured, a factor that would soon be resolved. How dare anyone try to attack me? Did they not know who I was? My being dated back centuries, my power was bigger than anything anyone had ever seen. It was simply a matter of discovering how to harness it and use it to my advantage.
A purple electricity danced through my fingers, I clenched them, focusing on intensifying the power they held. Any minute now I would unleash the energy upon this demon and make them face their demise.
And I was about to do just that when Leo descended from above and took my face in his hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, it has come to my attention that the last time I posted for The Witching Hour was in February. February! That's a ridiculous amount of time. Forgive me.
I apologise for this chapter faults, I just haven't got the time to revise it. Regardless, I hope you enjoy it and I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks!