A Little Less 16 Candles, A Little More Touch Me

Patrick! There's A Vampire In The Hallway!

I walked into my brother’s house. He was letting me stay here for a while, until I found a suitable house to rent. I was kicked out of my old one, by the way.

“Patrick!” I yelled. “I’m back!” I walked into his study, where he always is. He’s very weird, I must admit, but I am too sometimes.

“Hey,” he said, glancing up from his journal (I think that’s what he calls it).

“So…” I sighed, dumping my black jacket on the back of a chair. I walked over to him and he quickly shut the book. “Oookaaay, I’ll go…” He was meant to say ‘no, please don’t go, I wanna talk to you, have some brother sister time’ but nothing came out of his mouth. I think he was glad to see me going.

“Oh yeah, Kaycee, we have a guest. He’s gonna stay here for a while, k?” Patrick asked as I grabbed my jacket. I flicked my long-ish blonde/ginger/orange hair over my shoulder.

“Whatever,” I said, walking out and upstairs to my room AKA the spare room. I headed down the hallway and stopped dead in my tracks. A (cute enough) guy with black hair was standing near the door to my room. “Hey.”

“Hey,” he said, smiling a toothy grin. I screamed. He was a vampire! I ran down the stairs again and ran into the study, where Patrick was waiting for me in the doorway. I hid behind him, holding his arms so he couldn’t more out of the way.

“There’s a vampire in the hallway!” I yelled and saw the man walking down the stairs. He was approaching us. Patrick seemed totally chilled, not caring.

“He’s our guest, just calm down already,” he explained. “He’s a good vampire.” The way he emphasised the word ‘good’, I totally believed him. Patrick can do that. If he says something the right way, I fall for it.

“Hey, I’m Pete,” the vampire said and approached me with his arm extended in a friendly gesture. I had let go of Patrick and he moved out of the way. Pete walked up to me and I noticed I was shaking. Apparently there’s a small town not so far from here that has been nearly completely taken over by vampires, but I had never actually come in contact with one. I caught Patrick staring at us and decided I should just shake his hand. I mean honestly, would he bite my neck in front of my older brother? I quickly shook ‘Pete’s’ hand. He smiled.

“Kaycee, this is Pete. Pete, this is Kaycee. Kaycee, get used to having a vampire here, okay?” Patrick asked me.

“Wow. That’s something you don’t hear everyday,” I commented and Pete explained to me about how my brother and his mates (also my mates, I guess, Joe and Andy) were helping him take out the evil vampires. There was a trap for tomorrow night and they needed a girl to help them out. Patrick, of course, had told Pete I would help out.

“So, are you gonna help us? We would really appreciate it,” Pete said.

“Come on sis, just once,” Patrick said, using that voice that makes me do anything again.

“Okay. Fine, I will.” I gave up. What’s the use? He’d get me to go anyways. “Can I go to sleep? I’m very tired.” Pete gave Patrick a questioning look.

“Sorry, but she sleeps during the night, due to her work hours,” Patrick said and Pete shrugged, heading into the study. I’m very sure I got a grin as he passed by me and looked at me. I looked after him to see him starting to cut up stuff and put it in a blender.

“Well, night then,” I said to Patrick, giving him a hug.

“See ya lil’ sis,” he teased, ruffling the top of my head and messing up my hair. I walked slowly up the stairs, thinking this all over. Pete? A vampire? And Patrick? Helping out a vampire? What if he’s really evil? I shivered as I climbed into bed, not bothering to change since I was so tired. I flicked off the bedside lamp and fell asleep almost straight away.