Status: In college, but I'll update when I can!

Someone Get Me a Doctor, Someone Call the Nurse

Chapter Fourteen

(Jared POV)

Waiting for takeoff was the boring part, and I drummed my hand on my knee while running the song I was working on through my head. Beside me, Maddie fidgeted nervously. None of us could believe she hadn’t ever flown on a plane before. I set my left hand on her arm, startling her.

“It’s ok. Nothing to be scared of.” Her lips curved into a faint smile, belaying how nervous she was. Chuckling softly, I went back to my thoughts. Before long, the engines hummed to life and we began to move. Maddie jumped, her hand flying to the armrest but landing on my own. I turned my hand over, encasing her small one with mine. “Relax.” As the plane rose and leveled off, she released my hand and turned to look out the window, a large smile on her face.

“Wow…I can see all the city lights! This is so cool!” Tomo laughed from across the small aisle.

“It gets old quick. Wait til your legs start cramping.” Maddie rolled her eyes at him as she sat back in the seat.

“How long is the flight?”

“Roughly three hours. We’ll arrive just in time for a late bedtime.” Maddie nodded while letting out a soft yawn. I leaned my head back, silently enjoying sitting next to her. My skin tingled where our shoulders brushed, the contact comforting me in a strange way. I wonder what is going on with me. Around Maddie, I always felt the strangest feelings. It was like being a teenager again. I felt like doing the craziest, wildest things possible, and I felt so normal around her. A heavy weight settled on my shoulder, and I turned to see the girl of my thoughts sleeping peacefully. Her breath breezed over my neck in warm gusts with each exhale. Feeling entirely at peace, I relaxed further into the chair and resigned myself to my thoughts.

After what felt like an eternity, the waitress came by with the announcement that we would be landing in twenty minutes and left. Tomo packed up his laptop, and Shannon let out a huge yawn as he stretched in his seat. Not wanting to disturb Maddie when she looked so peaceful, I just sat still. The faint scent of flowers was pleasant as I rested my head on top of hers. Suddenly, I realized the jolt from landing would probably startle the hell out of the poor girl and sat up carefully.

“Maddie…wake up. We’re landing soon.” The gentle moan sent a bolt through me, and my dirtier side wondered what other noises she’d make before I mentally slapped the thoughts down. She shifted in the seat, raising her arms over her head.

“Mmmm…what time is it?” I looked at my watch.

“It’s 11:37 pm. You can sleep when we get to the hotel.” She grinned sleepily at me, her hair slightly mused from the nap.

“I’m not tired now…” A yawn told me otherwise and I laughed.

“Sure you aren’t.” Her response was to blow a raspberry. I rolled my eyes. “So mature…”

“More than you, broccoli kicker.” I blinked at her. How did she know about that…damn Youtube. She just laughed softly.

We landed smoothly and quickly got to the car waiting right near the hangar. I mildly regretted that it was nighttime as Maddie looked out the window. She’d only see what the streetlights illuminated and not the incredible view I knew was waiting out there. However, it couldn’t be helped. Arriving only 20 minutes later, we all rushed to lug our stuff into the rooms we booked. Maddie pouted when I handed her a key to her lone room.

“What’s wrong?” She shuffled her feet as pink spread across her cheeks.

“I’m kind of scared to be alone here. How do I find you all?” Really? That was it? How utterly adorable. I smiled at her and slung an arm over her shoulders.

“We’re just two doors down from you. If you need us, you can call or just walk on over. Now, off to bed. We have a day full of fun tomorrow!” Her smile put my own to shame as she hugged me quickly before rushing off to her room.

“Thank you for bringing me, Jared. I really appreciate it.”

“My pleasure.” The door shut with a click, and I turned and headed to my own room with Shannon and Tomo.

(Maddie POV)

Opening my eyes, the room was in the half haze of early morning. I rolled over to look at the clock: 9:03 am. No longer sleepy, I hopped out of bed and waltzed into the bathroom, only to freeze from the view I had through a relatively large window. Crystal blue water hugged a shore of sugar—sand so fine that it was like walking in silk. Knowing that this is what awaited, my shower was brief.

Wrapped in a fluffy towel, I dug through my stuff to find something suitable—yellow bikini with denim Daisy Dukes and a white button up felt right. I didn’t bother with shoes as I tied the bottom two corners of the shirt into a knot under my ribs and dashed out the door to the guys’ room. I knocked gently, not sure if they were awake. In my eagerness, I danced in place. The carpet was a medium brown and was soft underfoot. The walls were a pale seashell off-white with a border of coral around the top. The door opened quietly, a sleepy-headed Shannon behind it.

“Morning…Is anyone else up?” Letting me in, Shannon gave the negative.

“Feel free to wake them up though. I’m looking forward to some serious beach bumming.” With a wicked grin, I ran towards the middle bed and leaped into the air. I landed with a loud thump on whoever was buried under the covers, scaring them into consciousness. Laughter pealed out from behind me and from the other bed as Jared flailed his way out of the covers.

“Jesus Maddie…You scared the hell out of me.” I grinned widely.

“Now you’re awake, let’s go!” Bouncing on the bed, I tried to ignore the completely mouthwatering sight of Jared without a shirt on. Muscles rippling, he swung himself off the bed and stood up. I nearly fell over, managing to turn the near-fail into me landing in a sit. Apparently, Jared does not wear pants to bed. In his underwear, he maneuvered to the bathroom while the rest of us just sat on the beds. The warmth pooling in my stomach dissipated, and I heaved a mental sigh. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find him damn sexy, but it was only admiration from afar. Nothing could come from it.

“Why are you so hyper?” I smiled and pointed toward the huge window to the lovely beach outside.

“I saw this and I really want to go out there.” Shannon laughed and turned toward Tomo.

“Looks like we’ll have to hurry then.” I smiled and flopped back on the bed. It smelled like Jared—a faint spicy scent. After another few minutes, the water in the bathroom turned off. I sat up, more than ready to go. The beach was calling me, and I was dying to answer. The door to the bathroom opened and out stepped Jared, hair still dripping water down his body. I blinked and redirected my gaze as heat rose to my face.

“So, you wanna eat first?” I nodded, feeling my stomach gurgle in anticipation. Walking over slowly, Jared leaned over the bed. I looked up at him, butterflies rising in nervousness. What was he doing? My answer arrived in a shower of chilly water drops as he shook his hair out over me. Squealing, I tumbled across the bed to get away, the guys’ laughter echoing around me.

“Jerk…” In response, he crawled onto the bed beside me with a smirk stretching across his face.

“Revenge for the early wake up call.” He reached for the phone on the nightstand, pausing before he dialed. “What does everyone want?” Hollers of all kinds of food went up from the two men fighting to be the first into the bathroom. As they tried fitting through the doorway together, I giggled. Turning back to look at Jared, my mouth went dry. Soft blue eyes stared at me, full of some infinite emotion. “Maddie?” I smiled nervously.

“Fruit would be awesome…” Nodding, Jared mashed a few buttons and waited.

“Hi, Room 114. We’d like to place an order.” Pause “Yes, that’s fine.” Another, longer pause. “Pancakes, eggs, orange juice, and lots of coffee. Also add a bowl of fruit.” Pause. “Hang on.” Jared placed his hand over the phone, turning toward me. “What kind of fruit?”

“Um…I don’t really know.” Blushing, I picked at the edge of the sheets.

“Any kind…Actually, just add a little of everything.” Pause. “It’s fine. Put it on our bill. Thank you.” Hanging up, he flopped back against the headboard, laughing as Tomo tumbled to the floor, clearly losing the battle for the shower. “After we eat, we can do whatever you want.” I blinked in shock. Why did I get to pick? “Don’t give me that. Ladies first, after all. We are gentlemen here…well, except Tomo.” This earned him a pillow chucked at the back of his head. I let out a giggle, trying to hide it behind my hands as Jared mock-glared at me. Before he could say anything, there was a loud knock on the door.

“Got it!” Leaping off the bed, I dashed to the door, my stomach rumbling in anticipation. Out in the hall stood a smartly dressed man, black hair smoothed back. He pushed a cart in ahead of him as I held open the door.

“Room service. I trust that you will find everything to your liking, Mr. Leto.” I blinked, mildly surprised by the overly polite manners. Jared nodded to the man as he stood up and approached the trolley of goods.

“Thank you.” Not knowing where he got it from, I watched as he tipped the man handsomely and motioned that he could leave. “Have a good day!” The door shut softly and he walked back to where I stood in mild shock. It was such a reality check whenever he fell into celebrity mode. The three of us opened up all the dishes and started chowing down.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to say that it is terrifying to wake up to someone landing on you. And I have never flown before, so pardon me if there's any mistakes about planes and such. As a side note, they are on a private jet.