Status: In college, but I'll update when I can!

Someone Get Me a Doctor, Someone Call the Nurse

Chapter Six

(Jared POV)

As soon as Maddie had opened the door, my mind went blank. In delicate ruffles of yellow, she looked fit to be a faerie. Long legs slid into dainty feet covered in silver, and as I returned my eyes back to her face, I realized I was caught while Maddie blushed a deep pink. I offered my arm to hide my own embarrassment, and she took it with a smile. The car I picked earned me another one of her dazzling grins, and I was surprised to see her blush as I got her door. We fought for the armrest, the contact between us sending a zing up my arm, and soon we were both laughing over the fight. From there, the night progressed into a relaxing dream of an easy friendship.

Leaving the restaurant, the pair of us meandered down the block, not really saying much. Turning to look at Maddie, I found her staring up, neck arching gracefully backwards. It was almost childlike—the look on her face. She sighed softly before speaking.

“No matter how many times I see it, the city is always pretty at night. It’s almost as if the windows are trying to imitate the stars blocked by the light pollution.”

“It is…” Music was blasting from a nearby club, ruining any calm from the moment. An idea formed in my head, reckless and a little dangerous to play out. “Maddie?”

“Hm?” Soft brown eyes looked black in the night.

“Do you like dancing?” The smile I got was an affirmative, and I trotted us across the street.

It wasn’t hard to get in seeing as the guard was a fan. I signed an autograph quickly before anyone else could walk up and notice, and the large male motioned us through the door. Maddie slid her hand in mine and dragged me across the packed floor. I could see her saying something, but only caught the tail end of her words—“on silly!”

Watching Maddie dance was interesting to say the least. Half the time, I wondered where a med student had the time to learn to dance so well. The other half I spent wondering how long she could go before her short dress stopped covering her lower end. When she moved closer to me, I felt a prickle of nervousness go up my back—imagine that? Me nervous around a female…

“Thank you for this, Jared. I’m having a blast!” Yelling over the noise, I could just barely understand Maddie.

“You’re quite welcome. I wish I could do more….” A finger abruptly ended my sentence and she pressed closer, grabbing the collar to my shirt gently.

“Just shut up and dance with me.” The impish grin was bordering on sexy, and I left my thoughts as I was tugged further onto the dance floor.

----------------------------

I didn’t get Maddie home until well into the night, returning to the hotel myself near 2 in the morning. Shannon was sleeping, so I crept about to my own bed, only pausing to take off my shoes. Landing face first on the bed, I was asleep in moments, Madison’s scent still on my shirt.

(Maddie’s POV)

I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined that Jared Leto would take me to dinner and dancing. Smiling all the way to my bed, I wished the night would have never ended. Around him, I felt so comfortable—as if he was an old friend. However, amidst my thoughts, a darkness loomed. My mind already knew that it would never last. Rockstars are always on the move, and I know he’s leaving in the next day or two, but knowing this still sent an ache through my heart. The last two nights have been the best I could ever have dreamed.

As I laid down, I could feel the sadness rising. Fairy tales don’t exist in reality. Jared and the others would go off to other towns and cities and slowly, I’ll be forgotten in the seas of faces they greet every night. I’m only an ordinary girl. What can possibly interest them about me? With these thoughts, blackness invaded and I slept.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long...And I'm even sorrier the chapter is so short. However, I got my groove back, and I'm ready for more updating as long as I don't have too much homework. Comment please!!!