Skipped a beat.

Skipped A Beat.

« Alex! Come on! » She giggled, puling my hand towards the park.

I sighed, failing to hide a smile as she dragged me into the place we had been going to for so long.
Cat and I had been coming here since she was nine, and I was fifteen… So yes, I was six years older than her. But God, did I love her! It’s just so wrong! I kept thinking; but nothing would change my mind. Not even the girls I had been dating until now.

“Hey, you’re too heavy for those!” I teased as she sat on a swing. She stuck her tongue out at me.
“No I ain’t! You would be, though…” She said, still with the same, childish giggle.
“Are you calling me fat?” I asked, mockingly crossing my arms over my chest and faking a hurt expression.
“No, just… Tall, you know!” She said with her cheeky teenage grin.

She’s only sixteen, it’s impossible… I kept repeating. Every time she looked at me with those eyes, those blue eyes that only reflected her thirst of adventure, of doing something bad or crazy, every time she looked at me with them, she made my heart skip a beat, she made my body stiffen up, she made me go crazy. She always had a way of making me smile, even when I didn’t want to, even when I was too tired to even speak, when I was in a bad mood, she always found a way of making me feel better and happy.

“Alex!” She shouted as she was now stuck on a tall, broken tree.
“Why d’you go up there if you can’t even come back down?” I asked, extending my hand to help her down.
“’Cause I know you’ll help me, right?” She said with a smile, sticking her tongue through her teeth.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head as she skipped down onto the damp grass. You pushed me a little and started running; and I followed. I’d always follow her; she always made me want to go her way. Obviously not in a bad way, but she always had the right idea, the right answer to anything; I could always count on her.

“I’m coming on tour with you guys.” She said, when we where standing in front of the lake.
“Really?” I asked, happy and, again, my heart skipping a beat.
“Yup, really!” She said, poking my cheek playfully and laughing.

She stopped and looked at me straight in the eyes. I panicked… I always did when she looked at me like this. She made me feel week and dump.

“What?” I asked, shyly.
“You’re blushing.” She pointed out, touching my nose with her covered hand.
“I’m just cold.” I said, shrugging.
“Yeah, right!” She said, with suspicious eyes, but still that grin pasted on her lips. “Who are you thinking about, Romeo?” She asked out of the blue.

As always, my heart skipped a beat. She got me paralyzed, again. I couldn’t move, couldn’t speak. I’m thinking of you… But I shouldn’t. I mentally answered.

“Alex!” She waved a hand in front of my face. “You’re being weird, what’s wrong?” She asked, with a hurt expression.

I hated seeing her with this expression. She was so beautiful when she smiled, seeing her sad made my heart sink and a knot from in my stomach.
How can I say… I love you, I shouldn’t, but I love you. Damned for doing you, but damned for not doing you… Because if I let my chance go, and never tell you the truth, I know I’ll regret it all my life. I know I would never forgive myself, and maybe you wouldn’t neither. I don’t know what you feel for me, but all I know is that there wouldn’t be many chances of this working out…

“And why not?” She casually asked, not seeming surprised by my speech.
“I’m too old? What would people think when they see us? What would they think ?” I asked back.
“They would see this.” She said, coming closer and standing on her tip-toes to kiss me. “They would see two people loving each other. Where’s the problem?” She said after pulling back.
“I…” I didn’t know how to react. Again, she got me dump. “You’re amazing.” I whispered and snaked my arms around her waist, as she did around my neck, to kiss her again.

As I thought: I’m damned for doing her… But I would be damned if I didn’t.

And once more, my heart skipped a beat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is an entry for this contest !
I hope you guys like it. :)
Love ! x