There Will Be Summer, There Will Be Love

Chapter One

“This is so dumb.” I moan to my mom as we wait for the elevator. She once again ignores me, and my attempt to reason with her. The elevator doors open and we step in. We’re the only one’s in the small enclosure so I don’t have to keep my voice down. “MOM! Hello?! You’re just going to drop me off at your sisters without saying a word to me?!” I glared at her, and she responded with a small nod and disappointed eyes. The elevator doors opened and she cockily stepped out, leading the way down the dark narrow hall and all the way to the very last door.

She knocked with one hand, as her other hand held one of my bags filled with my belongings. My sickingly happy aunt whisked open the door with a big smile and open arms.
“JANICE!” She shrieked and pulled me into her arms. “I’ve missed you, niece of mine.” I made an attempt at smiling and chucked a bit. I mean at least she’s trying to be happy about this whole thing. I’m not too thrilled about leaving behind my friends and moving into my aunts for the summer, all because I failed a couple classes this last school year.

My mother practically shoved my bag on top of the boxes that where in my arms and said goodbye to my aunt, and that it was nice seeing her and such but she really had to be on her way. Ugh, talk about fake. She makes me want to throw up.

My Aunt Nicky huffed “well then..” under her breath and then closed the door. I made my way into the nice, fair-sized apartment. The front room seemed to serve as a sitting area with cheerful colorful paintings hung on the walls. A coffee table sat in front of the loveseat, blanketed with fashion magazines, newspapers, and books. The fore room led into the kitchen that had dark granite counter tops and black appliances. Barstools where pulled up to a bar instead of a table. In front of which was a pretty good-sized flat screen hung on the wall, it was turned on the weather station.

“It’s probably not as fancy as you’re used to, but at least you don’t have to deal with your godforsaken stuck up parents here.” Aunt Nicky laughed and lead me further into the apartment and into a bedroom that I assumed mine. “This is where you’ll be staying, the bed is brand new and the TV’s remote is in the side table. You can hang your clothes in the closet over there,” she nodded to it with her head.

I smiled and set my boxes and bag down. “Thanks Auntie.” We embraced in a quick hug before she left the room to let me get settled. The room was small but cozy, the walls where a warm tan color and the furniture set was nice matching red mahogany wood. I took my stereo out of one of the boxes that I had been carrying and set it down on the desk in the corner. It was next to a nice big window that looked on a glorious view of Manhattan.

After I unpacked all my things my Auntie called me out into the living room. She had her long candy apple red trench coat on that matched her red lips and complimented her long wavy blonde hair and pale skin. “Get ready Janice, we’re going out to explore the city.” She smiled at me and laughed. “Okay, okay. I’ll go get ready.” I went back into my room to go get my purse and shoes. Nothing left to do but enjoy this summer, I guess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little story of mine that I've planned out in my head. I'm well aware that I'm not a great writer but I do it for fun. :)
I hope you enjoy, and if you have any suggestions or just liked it please leave a comment and subscibe!