Billie Joe Armstrong Is My Step-Father...and I Hate It

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: If it's not broken...

The old saying goes don’t be afraid of change. But another saying goes if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it. Someone up there was trying to “fix” my life. And then ended up breaking it. Drop Billie Joe in, she’ll love it. Think again, God. Think it over carefully. Do I look over the moon? Coz I sure don’t feel it. If only there wasn’t any laws against murder...

I leaned over Billie, who was still fast asleep. Mum had gotten up almost half an hour ago (thanks to the baby hormones and what not - she got up at seven in the morning), but Billie never stirred. I swayed the glass of icey water in my hand, a smirk growing on my lips. He actually looked peaceful, lying there in his own bed again, sprawling himself over it, snoring softly, his hair like... well, let’s just say I haven’t seen worse... not even hung over Aiden was that bad. I knelt down beside the bed.

“Hi Billie,” I said, softly.

“Gracie...” he muttered back in his sleep. “Hi... what you doing in Disneyland...?”

I rolled my eyes rather dramatically. I stood up fully before tipping the glass over, letting the icey water collapse over the sleeping rockstar in bed. He screamed, scrambled to get up and finally manged to sit up, shaking the water of of his face. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!”

“Amaaaaazing Graaaace,” I sang, flouncing and spinning around the room. “How sweeeeeet the soooound.” I twirled in the air, doing one of my little high kicks.

“What time is it?” Billie asked, rubbing his eyes.

“Half seven,” I said. I had woken up early today and couldn’t get back to sleep, so I decided to go torment Billie... early in the morning. Woo hoo. Fun.

“You better not mean in the morning...” Billie said.

“Good morning, beautiful,” I cooed sarcastically, ruffling his hair. “Did you sleep well?”

“You’re in a good mood for someone who is up so early...”

“I just poured ice water over you... how could I not be happy?” I laughed, almost sickly. “Get up and tend to your twin-carrying fiancé.” Instantly, Billie’s face lit up, and I knew I made a mistake mentioning the twins. “... stop smiling, I didn’t intend on you smiling...”

“I know but... twins. That’s... well, it just sounds good hearing it,” Billie said.

“You have poisioned those poor kids already.”

“I wonder what they’ll look like... do you think they’ll look the same but only different gender? Coz that would be so awesome...”

“You have just spawned two more bad influences on this world.”

“Oh, one might look like you!”

“I let the others slide but that one was just offending,” I snarled. I rolled off the bed. “More Billie Joe’s by the nine months time, whoa-ho-ho!” I exclaimed, with extereme sarcasm, making a gesture of fake happiness with my hands.

“Oh, c’mon Grace. You promised your mum you’d like these kids” Billie sighed.

“Not if they turn out like you. You and your... bad influence on planet Earth! You have probably gotten ten hippies in jail!” I said, raising an eybrow. “All because you left an impact.”

“I never really thought about that...” Billie said, thoughtfully. “Y’know, there’s this teenager who got a few hippies in jail-!”

“I know, Don Richardson, he’s a friend of mine,” I said quickly, waving it off. “He took some happy pills and... eh, shit happened after that but the point I’m trying to make here is that you weren’t even there.”

“You give a guy a lot to think about, Grace,” Billie told me.

“Oh, shut up and stop pretending it’s a good thing. I’m watching you...” I glared at him. “Your every last move...”

“Wow... that’s gonna be pleasant to think about in the shower,” Billie muttered. “Grace watching through a secret camrea in the shower head. Cool.” He yawned and lay down again.

“Don’t sleep,” I said, smacking him over the head with a pillow. Hard. “You have to get up early.”

“Why?!”

“I dunno, coz now that you’re awake, you can’t sleep again.” He decided to roll over and ignore me. “I will get more water, this is your last warning!”

“Grace, seriously, I will literally give you money if you just leave me alone,” Billie begged me.

“Hmmm... ten bucks and the deal is sealed.”

“What? That’s a bit over the top, Grace...”

“Hm, you would say that,” I said, taking his wallet from his bedside table and taking ten bucks out of it.

“Hey... HEY! Give that back!” Billie yelled. I cackled before skipping out of the room.

The rest of the morning zoomed by, I was satisfied with the newly snatched ten bucks in my jeans pocket. I was up in the spare room I was given, reading the same book I always read, Of Mice and Men. I don’t know what it was I found so interesting about it... or perhaps, when I opened the book, I could always smell the faint scent of my dad’s colone all over it. It was his book before mum gave it to me. Of course, she warned me not to read it until I understood most of the words, but none the less, she thought I’d like it. And I did. But at the same time, my laptop was open, and I was waiting e-mails from Rosie, JJ and Jason. Suddenly, my phone bleeped into life. I picked it up.

One message from Aiden.

I smiled as I clicked it.

Hey. Was right. Tord & Emily did fuck. Don't forget to come to park for your surprise xxx

I raised an eyebrow, with a small smile at the last part.

Didn't forget. On my way now.

I closed my laptop down and got off my bed, stretching out my arms and legs, which had gone slightly dead. I walked out, yawning. It was like stepping out of a cave after three days. I felt slightly… brain dead. I wandered down the hallway, almost dead on my feet. I was exhausted. That’s what I got for waking up too early.

*

"I don't even know who the fuck this chic is, why'd you use me?!" I heard Don yell. I approached the gang of my new friends.

"Hi," I said, announcing my presence.

"GRAAAAACE!" Tord screeched, pointing over at me.

"Yea, it's me," I said, with a small smile, "so what's my surprise?"

"Here," Aiden smirked, tossing a water gun at me. I caught it, stared at it and looked up at Aiden.

"What?"

"I took note of your incident that the blonde slut did to you and I adapted it," Aiden winked. I slowly caught on and started laughing.

"Oh my God. Talk about revenge," I said, with a wide grin.

"BLONDE SLUT AT THREE O'CLOCK!" Jason yelled.

"It's not three o'clock..."

"SHUT UP AND HIDE!"

Luckily, they had picked a woody area in the park and we hid behind trees and hedges, all except Don, who was the bait, and was far from happy about that. I heard Jessica squeal slightly and a few girls came up behind her. They wandered up and Jessica walked straight up to the "bait", who tried not to grimance. Poor Don.

"Don will give the signal," Aiden whispered. Oh, how I loved that accent of his. When he whispered that into my ear, it sent tingles down my spine, "look out for it..."

We waited in silence, keeping an eye on Don and Jessica and the other bimbo's behind her. Finally, Don said loudly, "So I'll see you at six?"

"Yea, sure," Jessica said, giggling her phony giggle.

Don smirked, backing off, "yea fucking right, dream on. ATTACK!"

"Wh-?"

Jessica and her squad erupted in screams of horror when water, paint, eggs and bits of cake flew out at them violently. I couldn't tell you how great of a feeling it was. I could tell the others were having just as much fun as me from their wide grins. Jessica tried to save her hair, which only caused Tord to aim for her hair whereas Emily teamed up with him to get her face.

When it ended, Jessica was in tears (as well as her other little sluts) as we laughed at the lot of them. Finally, Emily strolled up, grabbed Jessica by her shirt and tugged her up to eye level.

"Mess with our friends again, and you'll get a lot worse than eggs in your hair, you got it?" she snarled. Jessica nodded wildly. "And tell anyone about this, we'll get you again, you got that as well?" Yet again, Jessica nodded. "Now get out of our sight," Emily concluded, shoving the filthy Jessica away from her. Jessica ran out of sight with her squad, as we continued to laugh at her.

"Oh, Lord, that was the best thing since... God, I don't know," I said, unable to lose my grin, "Thank you, Aiden."

"Don't mention it, honey," he grinned, "She got what was coming to her."

I gave him a squeezing hug, "I'll never forget what you did for me," I said, grinning.

"Do you wanna come around to my place later?" Aiden asked, hugging me back.

"Sure, I'd love that."

*

I walked into the kitchen to snack on something when I got home, and noticed Joey’s band sitting on the table. I stared at them.

“How long were you guys here?” I asked them.

“A half hour. Where’d you show outta?” one asked, whom if I recalled right, was Cole.

“Is that any of your business?” I seethed, narrowing my eyes. One shrugged and other just looked at the remaining one as to say What’s her problem?

“And th- Grace, get out.” I looked over to see Joey, glaring at me. I planted my hands on my hips and glared at him.

“Who’s to make me?”

“Me. Leave.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“In fact, I’m staying.” I pulled myself onto the table, swinging my legs off the side, crossing my arms, looking as business like as possible. Joey stared at me so I nodded a bit too eagerly, my hair flopping over my face. And, slowly, Aiden began to leave all thought of my head. All I could think about was fucking Joey up.

“Can you do anything... musical?” Travis asked me.

“I can dance,” I said. “... Can’t sing for shit, though.”

“Let’s hear you,” Cole said.

“Dream on, fucker.”

“Yea, you don’t wanna hear Grace sing,” Joey said. “The windows break, and somewhere, a baby panda dies at the sound of her voice.” I glared at him.

“I can tell you now, my dancing is quite good,” I said, trying to overshadow the negative. “You will be amazed at how high I can kick.”

“Go run to your precious Aiden,” Joey snapped. I ignored him.

“I’m taking professional Irish dancing lessons and my mum says she might get me street dance lessons. I hope she will. I always wanted to do street dance. Oh! Can I watch you practise?” I said, eagerly.

“NO!” Joey yelled.

“Sure, you can watch,” Max said, also ignoring him.

“How come I can hear myself?” Joey muttered.

“I never heard Joey play the drums before,” I said, craftily, smirking at him.

“Don’t you see what she’s doing? She’s gonna yell stuff through the whole thing!” Joey said, pointing at my accusingly. My mouth fell open and I glared at him.

“I may hold a grudge, but I’m not that ill mannered!” I hissed. “And at least Aiden looked good in blond,” I added, under my breath. “Aaaaanyway, I’d love to here you guys play. I’ve never heard you before.”

“Yea, come along if you wanna, Grace,” Cole said, grinning. I gave a cold smirk at Joey.

“Thanks, mate,” I said, ruffling his hair.

So I did come along. And who should I run into on the way?

“Gracie!” JJ exclaimed, hugging me.

“Hi, JJ,” I smiled, letting him twirl me around. “Are you here to watch them too?”

“I practically stalk them, Grace,” he said, putting on a fake snobby voice. “Nah. I just tag along coz I feel like it. I help with the shirt designs.” I burst out laughing.

“You? Design? That’s rich,” I scoffed.

“I’m being serious Grace.” I stopped laughing all at once.

“Oh... you can... draw?”

“Sure I can,” JJ smiled. “And Joey told me you can draw too.”

“Well... yea, but... you... you t-shirt design, I can’t do that...” I said, blinking.

“I’ll teach you,” JJ said. “It’s not that hard.”

“It looks hard.”

And so began our long discussion about how to get things of shirts, which led to talking about rabid rabbits because, knowing JJ, he can’t keep down a serious conversation if he tried. After that, I watched Emily’s Army practise. And then, through the break they were taking, I left the room to get refreshments. Because...

“Wait a second...” I stopped in my tracks as I walked towards the coffee machine. “Why am I even here?!” I checked my watch. It was nearly four. Then I remembered, about five hours ago, I told Aiden I was coming around to his.

I looked up at the clock in the room, hoping my clock was wrong. And it was. It was half four. I gulped.

“Oh shit...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Helicopters FOR YOUR SCHOOL!
YESSSS, new Eddsworld video :D I loved it <3
Thank you for reading, dear xxx