Billie Joe Armstrong Is My Step-Father...and I Hate It

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: Two sides of every story

The heart is a very important organ which pumps the blood around the body and gives energy to the body. The heart is quite fragile. If the heart collaspes, then the human being will most likely die. The heart is also used to symbolize love.

Joey Amrstrong

Grace wasn’t picking up. It had to be the fifth time I tried calling her. As much as I didn’t want to be, I was worried about her. She picked up for dad once, but she acted very strange. She started going on about raindow ponies or something before hanging up suddenly. And before that, we had tried to call her three times. I was almost shaking. Samia was trying to think of different reasons why Grace wasn’t answering our calls, she even cut me off once. It was about a quater to three in the morning. I tapped my phone nervously against the sofa arm, biting my lip. Dad walked back into the room, glaring down at the phone.

“Well?” Samia asked, hopefully.

“Nothing,” dad said. “She’s still not answering.” Samia groaned and held her head in her hands.

“What the hell is she doing?” she whimpered. “I think she was abducted and they forced her to act like nothing happened, I think that’s it. We should all the authorities or something.”

“Maybe I should call her,” Kage said, for the fourth time.

“Kage, you don’t have a cellphone.”

“... yea... maybe you should buy me one.”

“Kage, now is not the time!” Samia snapped. Kage shrugged.

“I’m just saying, some situations like this, everyone having a cellphone could come in useful,” Kage shrugged. I would have laughed if the situation wasn't so serious. Samia didn’t respond.

“It’ll be alright, Sammie,” dad said, sitting beside her, putting an arm around her.

“My little girl could be kidnapped... she could be killed by now, we have to look for her or something!” Samia said, looking on the verge of tears. Looking for Grace seemed tempting, I don’t know why I felt like I could go out in the cold to look for Grace.

“She’s fine, Sammie. Maybe she’s sleeping or something, it is pretty late...” dad told her, pulling her into a tight one arm hug.

“That doesn’t explain how she can sleep through her phone ringing,” Samia said, weakly.

“Maybe she’s a heavy sleeper.” Samia shook her head.

“No, she’s a very light sleeper if anything,” she said. “The ringing would defintely wake her.”

“I think Samia is right, dad,” I said, trying to hide the fear in my voice, “Grace could’ve been abducted or murdered. Who knows what’s hiding in the fucking trees, killers and ra-!”

“Oh, stop it!” Samia squealed, covering her head with her arms. “Stop scaring me!”

Dad glared at me before tending to his fiancé. “Sammie, c’mon...”

Samia sniffled, making a choking noise on her tears. “We have to do something... I think we should look for her... and if we can’t find her, we’re calling the fucking police, because this is crazy shit.”

“Sammie, we can’t drag Kage and Hollie into the woods at three in the morning,” Dad said her softly.

“I’m not tired!” Kage fought back, despite yawning before saying that.

“Joey can look after them,” Samia said.

I didn’t want to stay at home listening to Jake’s whining all night. I wanted to look for Grace. I wanted to tell her how much of a bitch she’s being. Going out and not answering any calls...

“Maybe she’s with Aiden,” I said, suddenly. Samia looked up.

“No, she’s camping with her friends... but... we should call, just in case...” she said. She lurched for the phone, dialling Aiden’s home number, which grace had left on the table. Samia waited.

“Hello? This is Samia, Grace’s mother... yes, hello, look, I need to know if Grace is over? She isn’t? Is Aiden there?” There was a long pause. “Where is he?”

I knew it. I knew Aiden was there with Grace. Where ever she was, it wasn’t camping. Aiden is far too “extreme” for that. He probably dragged her to a nightclub. Anger boiled in my guts. Aiden Richie was such a fucker. With his “killer Brooklyn accent” and his “popularity”, all of which are quoted from none other than Gracie herself.

“Oh, alright... thanks,” Samia said, hanging up. “Aiden isn’t home.”

“That seems a little weird” dad said. “Do you think he’s with her?”

“I don’t know...” mum said softly. “Try calling her again.”

“I think I’ll try and get some sleep or something,” I lied, getting up. I ran upstairs and into Grace’s room. I looked around to try to get Aiden’s number. She’d have it somewhere. I pulled open the drawer beside her bed and fished about a little in there, before finding a small book.

Numbers of people and shit was what was scrawled over the cover. I pulled it open and scanned down the names.

Aiden Richie

The i’s in his name were dotted with hearts. I pulled out my phone and dialled his number, trying to fight the jealousy. It rang. It kept ringing...

“Hey.”

“Hey Ai-!”

“You’ve reached my voicemail. Ha ha. I obviously don’t feel like talking right now, so leave a message, sexy bitch.” And so followed the long beep. I blinked once in confusion.

“Aiden, is Grace with you? Sammie is worried sick and you need to tell me where she is coz... well, I pretty much just explained why. So... yea, if you ever bother to hear this...” I gave up and hung up.

How I loathed Aiden Richie. Even more then I did a few months ago. Because now, he had Grace.

I slowly walked into my room. Grace could be drunk. Grace could be taking drugs. She could even have been raped, because Aiden would also have been just as drunk to even notice. So many bad things could happen to her... and I hated to think about it. If Grace were out with me, I wouldn’t let those things happen to her. I slowly sat down on my bed, gazing out the window.

I picked up my phone again and rang JJ. It rang for a while...

“Fuck you, Joey Armstrong. I was asleep, you shithead!” JJ yelled.

“Sorry, I needed to ask you something,” I pleaded, knwoing that waking JJ up was a mistake I will regret. “Grace has apparently gone missing.”

“No shit, seriously? Since when?”

“Well... she said she was camping and now she’s not picking up any of her calls, Samia is worrying her guts out,” I said. JJ was silent for a moment. “I was wondering if you could call her?”

“Me?”

“She won’t pick up for any of us,” I explained. “I was wondering if she’d pick up for you...”

“Oh... sure, I’ll try,” JJ said.

“Thanks,” I sighed.”I think she’s with Aiden Richie...”

“That Brooklyn guy?!”

“Yea, that Brooklyn guy.”

“The one with the blonde hair and brown eyes? Who hangs around with the phsyco dude?”

“Don Richardson?”

“That’s the phsyco, yea...”

“That’s Aiden alright,” I grumbled. “I hate him, he always thinks he’s better than me just coz he get’s a lot of girls and everyone loves him.”

“Yea... well, I’ll try calling her. And, Joey?”

“Yea?”

“Next time you call me at three in the morning, I will kick your ass.”

I tried to cough out a laugh. JJ hung up after that. I tossed my phone across the phone and continued to gaze absent mindedly out the window, and all I could hear was Grace’s voice... all I could see was her, standing there, in front of the window.

God damn it, Grace. Why’d you have to make things more confusing?

I lay back, groaning. Grace can sure mess with my head. She can manupliate her way in there with her taunts and her bitching. No matter what she said, it rang like bells in my head. I wasn’t one to believe in all that love at first sight crap, but... it seemed a little weird. What was it about Grace that I was so... attracted to? I mean... all she does is insult my whole family then walk away cackling.

Perhaps it was her long black hair, always sheeny and bouncy. Or her soft hazel eyes, capable of melting an ice cap. Not to mention her killer body. And her tone of skin, not too pale and not too dark. Her sense of retro style was awesome too. Her voice was interesting, a mix of American and Irish. And her “the devil may care” attitude was enough to turn any guy on... I don’t know what it was, but I was attracted to her like a bee is attracted to a flower.

And it was fucking annoying. You shouldn’t love someone who hates your whole family.

But yet, here I am. Lying here, thinking about her.

Fuck you, Grace. Fuck you for making me love you.

Grace Reict

My head was simply spinning. Spinning round and round. “Wh-wh-where am I?” I sat up, looking around. A bottle of vodka was still clasped in my hand and I saw bodies sprawled across the ground. Including the shop attendant from last night, lying in a playsuit, sharing yet another savage making out session with Don. I managed to remember than her name was Rosie.

Lisa and Jason were on the ground. Lisa was lying on top of Jason, wearing nothing but a ragged shirt and her underwear. Jason was wearing his boxers, but other than that, some form of collar and Lisa’s straw formon hat, nothing. His hand was tangled in her dark hair, and he was occupied by leaving a trail of wet kisses on her neck, and she seemed to be enjoying it. One could only guess if the alcohol was still in their system, but somehow, I doubted it was. Jason’s left hand, however, was clasped around her ass, and he seemed happy keeping it there.

Edward, Lisa’s brother, was half lying on the bed, his legs sprawled off the bed, obviously passed out, wearing a giant pumpkin suit. I wanted to ask something that everyone would want to ask, but I decided not to.

Tord lay half out of the closet, Emily was also there. But she lay inside the closet, curled up tight in a ball, using Tord’s legs as her pillow. Tord was still wearing the shirt that obviously wasn’t his and Emily was wearing a leotard and fishnets. I wasn’t sure if they were asleep or not, but they certainly loked like they were. My eyes scanned the floor for Idina and Jordon. But they weren’t there. I looked over to see Aiden beside me, his arm thrown over my waist, snoring softly. It reminded me of when we woke up in the closet. I looked down. I was wearing a cat suit.

Since when was I wearing a cat suit?

“Oh God, I can’t feel my legs,” I groaned, trying to sit up. But the whole bottem half of my body felt numb and my stomach lurched. My head was thumping. “Ow, my head…”

“Wazz ya doin’ sober?” Don gargled out from underneath the shop attendant, who was still smothering his face with her kisses. “Youz got a bottle of… that in ya hand, drink up…”

“Oh God, I don’t know if I could even move my arm,” I groaned. My phone was ringing. And the ringing bounced on the walls of my skull, doubling the pain. “Ah, make it stop!” I grabbed a pillow off the ground and pressed it tightly over my head.

“Whazzat?!” I heard Tord snort, and the sound of something banging and then a yell of pain. “Ohhhh, my shit… where am I?”

I heard someone yawn. I peeked out from under the pillow to see Tord and Emily, now awake. “What time is it?” Emily said, through mid-yawn/mid-groan.

“Four a.m,” I said. “I think so anyway… that clock might be wrong.” I looked up at the clock hanging at an angle on the wall. “Where are we?”

“Eddie and Lisa’s house,” Emily said. “Does anyone remember what happened?”

“I assume we got wasted,” Tord said. “And by the looks of things, Don still is…”

“You shuzzut Alexandra,” Don slurred.

“Why does everyone call me by my real name when they’re drunk, just a fucking curious little ques- why is Edward dressed as a pumpkin?” Tord crawled over to Lisa’s older brother, curious. I reached out for my phone, leaving Tord to poke Edward.

“Oh Jesus…” I said.

“What?” Emily asked, also pulling herself over.

“I have fifteen missed calls from home… is that bad?” I asked, biting my lip.

“No shit, seriously? You’re screwed when you get home,” Tord said, winding his arm with Emily’s.

“Thank you Tord, that was very comforting,” I said, sarcastically. “Ooooh, Billie was calling. Interesting…”

I trailed off.

Four missed calls from Joey

And why would Joey be phoning me? He shouldn’t be caring. I wanted to think it was anger in my guts. But it wasn’t. It was pity. But it was replaced with anger again when it suddenly came to realization that Billie had stolen my number…

“Fucking prick,” I snarled. “Next time I see him, he’s battered meat.”

“Mmmm, battered meat,” Aiden groaned in his sleep. Tord snorted in amusement.

“Watch this,” he said. He climbed onto the bed and beside Aiden. “Hey Aiden. It’s me, Santa.”

“’Ello Santa, fancy a cup of tea…?” Aiden mumbled. I felt my mouth pull into a smile. Tord grinned.

“What’s your name?”

“Madonna…”

“What’s your favourite flavoured drink?”

“Roast beef…” Aiden let out a slight groan, and his face tensed slightly before he snored loudly once and continued to doze.

“Who did you last make out with?”

“No waaaaay” Aiden said, putting on a fake, wasted hippie voice, “I’m a virgin, but I did once fuck the Presidents daugther…”

Emily burst out laughing. I snickering slightly. Tord leaned in. “Hey… you’re an anime character.”

“Nooo,” Aiden whimpered in his sleep.

“Yea, you are. People dress up as you in anime conventions,” Tord continued.

“Nooooooooooo!”

“And you are constantly ABUSED with fangirl’s fanart!”

“Shut uuuuup!”

“No shit,” Emily said. “Once someone did think he was dressed as an anime character. Girl didn’t make any sense but she ran up to him and it was like she was speaking some other language.”

“Yea, Aiden was so pissed off we had to but him new clothes when we were on the street,” Tord giggled.

“Not as pissed as Gracie is with Billie Joe,” Aiden said, lazily, still half asleep. I frowned.

“Huh?”

“Gracie haaaaates him,” Aiden mumbled before falling into a deeper sleep. Tord looked over at me and I glanced away.

“Holy Jesus, seriously?” he asked.

“Hey, I would be too,” Don shouted from the floor. “I HATE black haired people!”

“Don, YOU have black hair,” Emily reminded him.

“Nuh-uh!”

Emily simply rolled her eyes before looking at me. Lisa and Jason also glanced up. “Did I hear right?” Jason asked. “You hate Billie Joe?”

“It’s not so much ha- oh, who am I kidding, I despise him,” I said.

“… Grace, he’s… like… rich. What isn’t there to like?!” Tord exclaimed.

“He was a past druggie and he sets all kinds of bad influecnes on the world!” I said. But I couldn’t hold it back anymore. So, I exploded out with, “And he’s replacing everything my dad has set up for my family, he’s just… he makes me SICK. He thinks he can level up with my dad, but he obviously can’t because he’s a fucking failure. And-and-and he knows how to wind me up and he uses it against me! He’s just… just… he’s just a pure dickhead!”

Tord blinked, Emily’s mouth had dropped open, Jason’s eyes were wide but Lisa… Lisa was trying not to laugh. “Wow… deep,” she said.

“Jesus… is he that bad?” Emily asked. “Now that you put it that way, I don’t think I’d like him in my house either… I mean… replacing one of your parents…”

“My dad meant the world to me,” I said, quietly.

“He must’ve if you hate him that much,” Jason said.

“I hate everyone!” Don yelled, before falling asleep suddenly.

Well, there it was… out in the open. I hate Billie Joe. I hate him with a burning passion. And now, I’ve spilled it. But I wasn’t going to tell anyone about what happened with Joey. Not now, not ever. My fingersd hesitated over my phone, a blank text message waiting to be written… I heard Tord talking to Emily again, climbing off the bed. I started to type in letters.

I’m fine. Will be home tomorrow. Don’t be worried.

I looked over at Aiden, who was still asleep. I pressed the send button.

Sending to Joey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, dear xxx I hope you enjoyed it ;D
Getting my braces off soon - HALLELUJAH!