Billie Joe Armstrong Is My Step-Father...and I Hate It

CHAPTER SIX: Billie Joe Armstrong is my step-father... and I hate it: In this soap opera we call lif

In this soap oprea we call life, there are different stages and scenes each character may suffer through. Some characters are happy as they could ever be, some are in love. Some are above the world in their own dream world. Some are dreamers, some are dream fulfillers. Some are loved, some are lovers. Some are happy, some are people that make others happy. They all have their hopefuls, loved ones and happy ones. This is most likely the stage my mother is going though in her role in this particular soap oprea.

However, there are some characters who think differently. Some who go through a totally different stage. Some characters are more misrable than Hell itself, some are loathing. Some are drowning in their own misery and hatred. Some are dorwning in depression, some are the people who drown them. Some are hated, some are haters. Some are miserable, some are people that make others miserable. They all have their loathers, hated ones and depressed ones. This is most likely the stage I am going through in my role in this particular soap oprea.

And in the soap oprea we call life, there are the heroes and the villians. The heroes can be as miserable as hell, the villians can be has happy as Larry. But all that matters is that... the heroes ALWAYS conquered the villians.

I woke up feeling groggy and feeling like I hadn’t slept all night. In technical terms, I didn’t. I kept thinking about the screeches and screams of the horror move that night. I kept thinking of my dad there. He faded away with each compliment, show of affection and each shard of love at Billie Joe. I tried to save him by doing the oppisite. But it didn’t work. Five beat one. In the end, dad was going. He had vanished. They won.

I kicked the bed covers off angerily when I heard his voice followed by mum’s giggles. I sat up and yawned, stretching. As well asthat, the thought of me even daring to dream of Joey touching me haunted me. What possessed me to think such a thought, I shall never know. Probably raging teenage hormones. Like all teenage girls and boys go through.

Kage was in the living room, half asleep with his sickness whilst Holly poured invisable tea into a plastic cup for her teddies. It seemed like normal. It seemed like nothing was up. Nothing was wrong. Everythign seemed to be perfect...

“Morning, Grace!” Ah, there goes my perfect moment. Billie Joe stood at the kitchen door way. “Want something?”

“Yes, actually” I said, with fake brightness. “I do. I would like a serving of get-the-hell-out with a side dish of and-never-come-back.”

“We don’t have it” he responded, with a sly smirk. I narrowed my eyes and shoved past him, trying to ensure I elbowed him in the stomach. I didn’t think I did though. Damn.

“Where’s the other two, are they gone at least?” I asked, popping bread into the toaster and slamming it down.

“No, their still asleep” mum answered, with a wide smile. My eyes darted from her to Billie.

“What’s been happening in here?” I asked. “What’s with the good-morning-sunshine attitude?” I etched quoatation marks around the “good morning sunshine” part. Billie just grinned and mum laughed before humming that old Doo wah diddy song to herself. “I’m scared now...”

“Why don’t you wake up the boys for me?” Billie asked.

“Oh yeah” I said, with a fake positive attitude. “Why don’t YOU wake up my dad for me, since your so great and powerful!”

“I would... if I could” he shrugged. “Anything to make Sammie happy.” Mum smiled into her coffee cup. I was silent. I had to strain myself to not explode with anger. I was so confused... I got my toast and slowly left, giving them strange glances. I’ve never, ever seen two people that happy. It was awkward to be standing there between them. So I left.

Two hours passed and it was now one in the afternoon. The happiness still didn’t stop. It was making me depressed. I had a good feeling it was making Joey depressed too. I sat there, curled up on the sofa. Mum bounced to the doorway, grinning wildly. Her pretty golden locks leaked over her shoulders and her should-be-award-winning smile was shinign brighter than ever.

“Kids! Guess what?” she announced. “I’m going to the supermarket!”

“... woohoo?” I replied, in a sarcastic question.

“Does anyone... want to come with?” she asked, her eyes scanning the living room like a kid in a toy shop. Joey and I looked at her, utterly confused as hell.

“Where... exactly are you going tonight?” I asked.

“Oh, just down with Billie to his work” she said, giggling at his name being said by herself. She was like a love struck teenager.

Oh God, I was gonna be sick...

“Well, no one wants to go with you to get cereal, mum” I said.

“I will!” mum was savagely attacked by Billie grabbing her around her waist and trying to get at her. Mum squealed, escaped and ran away.

“GRACE, JOEY, MIND THE KIDS!” she screamed, in mid squealy-laughter as Billie chased her out the the car. The door shut.

“That... was the most awkward moment of my life” Joey said, slowly.

“I think they fucked last night” I said.

“Ew, gross, why’d you say that for?!” Joey whined, shuddering.

“They what?” Hollie asked from the floor.

“Nothing, Hollie” I said. “Don’t you worry about it.”

“But I want to kn-!”

“OH MY GOD, YOUR BEAR SPILLED IT’S TEA!” I yelled, knocking over the cup whilst she wasn’t looking. Joey burst out laughing, Kage managed a sickly giggle. “I’m being serious, stop laughing!” And so, Hollie was re-occupied with her teddies.

“I suppose they did, why else would they be acting like that” Joey said, slightly grimancing at his own thought.

“I have a feeling why...” I said. “But... but no. How would mum know?”

“Know what?”

“Well...” I lowered my voice. “I have a pretty bad feeling... Billie is gonna propose to her tonight.”

“Don’t be stupid!” Joey yelled, sitting up. “They’ve only been going out for... how long?”

“About six weeks now” I said. “Maybe more.”

“... do you think?” Joey asked. “Wow, maybe your right...”

“I’ve been having this feeling something bad will happen today” I said.

“Bad? How is tha- oh yea” Joey said, darkly.

“He’ll be my officail step-dad, Joey. You honestly think I’ll be over the moon about that? But no. It couldn’t be, right?” I laughed nervously. “Mum has to come to her senses first...”

“I don’t get why you don’t give dad a chance” Joey announced. “He’s pretty cool, you just need to warm up to the idea.” I glared at him.

“Ha, no. I hate Billie. Hate him, hate him, I LOATH him” I hissed.

“Well, I don’t hate your mum, she’s hot” Joey shrugged. I slapped him really hard around the face. “OW! Bitch!”

“Never say that again!”

“Fine!Fucking hell...” He glared at me before turning away from me.

I watched Hollie absent mindedly. I pitied her. She never saw her real dad. I think she believes Billie is her dad. The thought of that made me well up. Something clicked in my brain. Dad never got to see Hollie. Hollie never got to see dad. Yet, they’re related by blood and love. And Hollie doesn’t even know that. She knows something is up with Billie and that he isn’t an actual part of the family, but she calls him daddy and it breaks me inside. Hollie never had someone to call daddy until he came along. Billie tried to tell her he wasn’t her father but she refused to believe it. She couldn’t take the truth, she wanted to have an alpha male for herself. She wanted someone she could call her father. She wanted a male in the family she could look up to. She knew Kage wasn’t much help, so she settled for Billie Joe. She wanted him to give her the tender loving care she needs from a father. Someone to irratate with contant tea parties and make overs. Someone she could yell at when she’s sixteen about being to old for this and that. Dad wasn’t there to do that for her.

Suddenly Hollie looked up. “When’s mummy and daddy coming home?”

The words rang. The bounced off the walls of my mind, sneering at me from the inside. I didn’t answer but stared absent mindedly at the roof.

“Grace? Grace?” she pleaded, knowing something was happening. I didn’t respond. Suddenly, it happened...

“Guess what Mr Cuddles?” she told her teddy, lifting it up. “We have two new brothers!” I stood up and ran, screaming.

Oh God, oh no. It was beginning. The plan. He’s already brain washed two of us. There’s only me and Kage left. I threw myself on my bed and cried.

So, in this soap oprea we call life, there are heroes and villians.

The heroes would do anything to stop the villians. The heroes were brave and would save the people they loved. The villians were strong, yes. But the heroes were stronger on the inside with hope and determination. The villian can try. He can try all he fucking wants, using those fucking green eyes to melt us and take us over as alpha male. Yes, he got two of us. It was up to me to be the hero here. Kage was barely gonna do anything. I was to free this family.

And the hero always defeats the villian.
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone who knows this story is reading, they'll know that I did change the chapter title, lol :D